Quantcast
HTC One X - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: HTC One X

Default HTC One X

Has anyone moved from a iphone 4S to a One X? I just got rid of my 4S and I'm considering a One X. Would like to hear your feedback about what you miss about the 4S and what you like about the one X.

1) Also, I have read lots of problematic posts about poor wi-fi reception and the task switcher on the One X. Anyone experienced such?
    2) I am looking to get the One X primarily to mod with custom ROM's. A friend of mine told me that the LTE version can't be modded because it has a locked boot loader. Has anyone successfully loaded custom ROM's on their LTE One X?
    3) Have also heard that the GPS is rather erratic.

Would love to get some feedback.

TIA

hey
    i had a jailbroken and highly modified 3gs and it bricked itself one day so i bought a HTC One X.
    i love it
    there are a few little things that annoy me about it but off the top of my head i can't think of it haha.
    i love not having ot use itunes at all, i use winamp to manage music.
    also if i'm out at the gym or driving and i hear a song i don't like, i hit delete and it deletes it right away. you load items just like a hard drive. very good in that regards.

if you have small hands the one x is pretty large and i have small girly hands so it can be a bit awkward to use and i sometimes feel like i'm going to dro pit if i use it with one hand.

i haven't had any experience with rom-ing it and i haven't had a problem with the task switcher at all. hmm

oh i love how you can add and modify widgets and the notification bar/use is so user friendly and awesome i rarely use homescreen icons to access my apps.

my gps is great and i feel like i got a very good camera, navigation and phone all in one package.

good luck
    Last edited by Dumbass17; 06-14-2012 at 10:49 PM.

1) The problem is more apparent with the international version. I have yet to read cases of this hardware flaw with the LTE version. However i dont have the flaw in mine so i haven't done a bunch of research.

2)Plain false. There are several ROM's available in addition to CM 9 and AOKP.

3) No issues with the GPS, its rock solid and i get very accurate turn by turn.

Seems like HTC has at least acknowledged the wifi issue. Will be interesting to see if it can be fixed with a firmware upgrade as it seems to suffer from a death grip.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/18/30...ctivity-issues

My Ride
    Sentra

It states it's a hardware issue and that they are fixing it going forward. Not a problem with the North American LTE version.

anyone else experiencing absolutely horrendous battery life and charging times?!

im' ready to ditch it

does romming it help?

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 03:03 AM.

Originally posted by kaput
    ^It's a widespread issue, I like the phone a lot and was planing to buy the X+ as soon as it comes out but I've read as many complaints about the battery as I have about how great everything else is and for me that's a deal killer. I think even the upgraded battery in the X+ might not be enough to make it acceptable.
    Im currently on CM10 and i get a full days charge out of it. Thats with a minimum 2hrs screen on time. With a sense ROM i would get double the battery life.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

The One X is an amazing phone. Ive also spent a bit of time with the One X+ also and have to say the HTC has alot going for it. My wife has the 4S and ive done alot of comparison between the 2 and the HTC is a much better phone IMO. Take a look at the 8S Windows phone as well. Super cool phone.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

i'm really tempted to do a pre-order for the Nexus 4 when it comes out in November..but i feel like i wasted almost $700 with my damn HTC One X..i love everything about it except the battery life.
    i have to charge it every night while i sleep
    and then midday while at work.
    and if i want to go out in the evening, it's probably dead by about 9. so wtf is the point of the phone?!

yesterday was relaly weird, i had it plugged in from about 11am - 4pm while at work and it STILL didnt' reach 100% battery charge..WTF?!

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

i love i can CONTROL my htc FROM my computer.

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    i'm really tempted to do a pre-order for the Nexus 4 when it comes out in November..but i feel like i wasted almost $700 with my damn HTC One X..i love everything about it except the battery life.
    i have to charge it every night while i sleep
    and then midday while at work.
    and if i want to go out in the evening, it's probably dead by about 9. so wtf is the point of the phone?!

yesterday was relaly weird, i had it plugged in from about 11am - 4pm while at work and it STILL didnt' reach 100% battery charge..WTF?!
    Something is wrong. Download better battery stats and see if you have something causing excessive wake locks. Yesturday i got 3.5 hours screen on time with 20 min of calls and 20hrs of standby. I still had 23% when i put it on the charger when i went to bed.

U can download better battery stats free from xda
    Look for the thread and scroll down to see the attachments

Originally posted by spike98

Something is wrong. Download better battery stats and see if you have something causing excessive wake locks. Yesturday i got 3.5 hours screen on time with 20 min of calls and 20hrs of standby. I still had 23% when i put it on the charger when i went to bed.
    i had that but i didn't know how to use it or understand it..

jesus!
    i had my phone plugged in usb at work today
    plugged it in at 1pm, with 36%, looked at 630pm, it's only gotten to 69%

it's never been that bad, this is fucked