Quantcast
purchased bad used car, can i sue? *proof* - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: purchased bad used car, can i sue? *proof*

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Yeah this is the kind of people I hate. You basically have 8+ people saying the same thing that it's "buyer beware", and this idiot says he'll talk to a lawyer

I seriously hope it's a troll, or else you're a complete moron, Ali20.
    Gotta be a troll, as no one can be THAT naive.

...but then again.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 02-04-2013 at 10:13 PM.

My Ride
    Lariat

bahhaha i seriously hope this is a troll

if not, you did sign the bill of sale that says "as is" did you not?
    also no lawyer would touch this with a 10 foot pole hahaha
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Yeah, I drove it before buying and it was running fine, oil and engine looked fine from what we could tell, just when we got home noticed smoke coming out and than in the morning the battery completely died.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Unfortunately, you're on your own. Should have gotten it checked. Yeah the guy is dishonest, but he broke no laws.

Good luck getting your money back!

It's up to you to find the problems and ask the proper questions. Big deal he didn't mention it, the only way you'll win this is if you can prove he indeed lied about something serious on the car which would of made or broke the sale. Not having as is on the kijiji ad is nothing. Consider the $1000 cheap tuition for a lesson learned when buying a used car. If you do go to small claims, good luck.

My Ride
    Quattro A4 Avant 1.8T 5MT

Originally posted by Ali20
    I've seen tons of ads on Kijiji that have as is listed, this ad should have had the same words written, the fact that it did not, but the bill sale did is a illegal selling strategy in itself.
    can you point me to this law please? why are you even going to speak with a lawyer, it sounds like you know the judicial system front to back.

knob
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

What's wrong with you?

You come here asking a question and looking for advice, then EVERYONE tells you that you're in the wrong and to drop it. Instead of listening to the same answer that EVERYONE is giving you, you decide to ignore it and go off in your own direction.

The lawyer won't cost you a thing because he'll tell you the same thing that EVERYONE else did, you bought a car as is so you're fucked.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by ddduke
    What's wrong with you?

You come here asking a question and looking for advice, then EVERYONE tells you that you're in the wrong and to drop it. Instead of listening to the same answer that EVERYONE is giving you, you decide to ignore it and go off in your own direction.

The lawyer won't cost you a thing because he'll tell you the same thing that EVERYONE else did, you bought a car as is so you're fucked.
    What's wrong with YOU? Clearly this man is some sort of legal fucking mastermind. His genius has made us all look retarded in comparison, who are we to question this gentleman.

Fuck, probably the next NDP leader with his grasp on reality

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Seriously OP, just stop. You're not going to win in this thread, and you're not going to win in court or anywhere else as far as this vehicle goes.

I feel for you... I really do. But do understand that a vehicle for $1000 will almost always require you to put money into it to make it completely roadworthy.

Good luck. Just don't waste your time persuing anything. The ONLY recourse you might have is to talk to the guy and say it is doing this, and ask for your money back. He'll almost certainly tell you no, but it might be worth a try.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Should have bought the extended warranty...
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by projekz
    Should have bought the extended warranty...

hmmmm..... maybe Kijiji should start offering this "service".

KPP ... Kijiji Protection Plan

In fact I might start offering this "service" .....

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

$1000 bro what did you expect

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Don't listen to these guys Ali20.

I'm no lawyer, nor do I have any legal experience, but ya know what? I can point you in the direction of someone who wins & takes walk-ins'. http://www.derburgis.com/

As a thank you, I ask only that you keep us apprised.

Best wishes,
    Cam

ps, don't forget your retainer.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Originally posted by cam_wmh
    Don't listen to these guys Ali20.

I'm no lawyer, nor do I have any legal experience, but ya know what? I can point you in the direction of someone who wins & takes walk-ins'. http://www.derburgis.com/

As a thank you, I ask only that you keep us apprised.

Best wishes,
    Cam

ps, don't forget your retainer.
    Ali, ask them if you can use the vehicle as the retainer.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Can I sue a lawyer because it didn't clearly state that he knew the law anywhere at his firm, which is obviously illegal practice. He also didn't win this case for me and still charged me a fee.

-Ali20

My Ride
    Lease

Any pics of this beast???

Hey buddy don't listen to these ppl telling u that u can't do shit. This is Canada man u can always do shit. Use the legal system and fight against "the man"

I have some ideas on how to go about this... Get that sob for illegally selling u a piece of shit van! Make a video tape or at least an audio recording of ur conversation with the lawyer in order to legally protect urself from any false or misleading statements he may use to procure u as a client. I think only one person needs to know its being recorded anyways so no need to tell the lawyer (might scare him if u tell him so it won't do u any good)

And u know how u have picture proof of the original kijiji ad where it doesn't state "as is" but then the seller employed an illegal selling strategy by changing the terms on u? This video or audio recording would provide similar protection to u from any sneaky and dishonest lawyers u come across.

Oh and make sure u back up the audio or video recording somewhere so u don't lose ur proof.
    Something like YouTube works well since its an off site back up that u can access from anywhere u need it like smart phones etc. Pretty convenient to show the judge too

And i dunno if ur like me but no fucking way am I gonna be able to remember that weird ass YouTube address... So do what I do. Write it down. Hell even type it up here so u can again access it anywhere u might need it like on ur smart phone etc. That way u can keep track of all the stuff related to ur case in this thread... And since it's technically an off site back up its totally safe from being lost like a damn piece of paper would be.
    Last edited by EK69; 02-05-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Yeah, I drove it before buying and it was running fine, oil and engine looked fine from what we could tell, just when we got home noticed smoke coming out and than in the morning the battery completely died.
    So you admit that it was running fine, oil and engine looked fine. So you must have done something to it on the way home because in your own words "it was running fine" before you bought it.

Next case.
    Three of my favourite:

originally posted by "paulb1320"

(so tight that my hands went numb in minutes and a have bruises, infact my hands are still numb, 2 hours later)

I'm going to find each and every one of your little internet friends!

I now feel like I went into shock. I started breathing heavily and lost my sense of what was going on.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

I've seen tons of ads on Kijiji that have as is listed, this ad should have had the same words written, the fact that it did not, but the bill sale did is a illegal selling strategy in itself.
    You can't even figure out how to buy a used car, but somehow you are a legal expert?

You bought a pos van without getting it inspected. YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON TO BLAME

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast