Quantcast
Audi A4 vs Audi S4 vs Audi URS4 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Audi A4 vs Audi S4 vs Audi URS4

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by soloracer

I just bought this car from HiTempguy1 - excellent to deal with - and I am having fun learning more about these cars. I am having a new suspension installed - new Bilsteins on all 4 corners but only the sport springs for a 1.25" drop. I just couldn't bring myself to lower it more so if you know anyone interested in the other springs I have let me know. I also had new front top mounts, new strut bearings, new lower control arms and tie rods. Thanks to Arlyn for letting me "borrow" his new URS4 suspension parts and used MAF. It would have taken me a couple of weeks to get everything delivered and his parts get me on the road quicker.

As for the car, there are a few more things to figure out but overall the inspection came back saying the car was in good shape. They told me to replace the front brake lines as they were wore down to the nylon. Fortunately these aren't too expensive.

I've been reading the owners manual and am pleasantly surprised at the interesting options these cars have. In addition to the usual things (power everything, leather, cruise, tilt, climate control, etc) the car has the following:

Heated windshield and headlight washers
    Adjustable washer jets
    An Intensive Windshield Washer - a secondary reservoir and system for winterized washer fluid
    Heated front AND rear seats
    Locking Differential
    ABS OFF button
    Front AND Rear fog lights
    Built in Phone (more comical than useful now)
    Ski sack
    Michelin PAX system(run flat)

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes and drives this winter.
    Happy it all worked out! BTW, you have email, I think I left my licence plate on the car even though we talked about me grabbing it

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Car is now licensed and insured! Funny you mention the plate as I noticed it the next day when I took the car to the shop. I'll check my email and get back to you.

Now I'm on the hunt for a pearl white drivers door. If I can find one it would save me having take the car in for paint.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by soloracer
    Car is now licensed and insured! Funny you mention the plate as I noticed it the next day when I took the car to the shop. I'll check my email and get back to you.

Now I'm on the hunt for a pearl white drivers door. If I can find one it would save me having take the car in for paint.
    Be aware that even if you can find an OEM painted door it may be slightly off from your paint.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Originally posted by relyt92
    Be aware that even if you can find an OEM painted door it may be slightly off from your paint.
    For sure. Even if I get another door painted the shop still would have difficulty matching the paint. The only way to fix it so that it's perfect would be to paint the entire side. So at this time if I'm going to get a replacement door I might as well get one the same color.

I'm just gonna wait till you have all the parts in then let you take mine for a rip. Then 034 motorsports will own your wallet too.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

I'd need to mac address ban myself from 034 if I ever picked up a URS4 or similar...

Glad to see this car's getting love, can't get enough of the older audi's.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3