Quantcast
Garage Door Openers (1993-2005) and latest stuff (chamberlain) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Garage Door Openers (1993-2005) and latest stuff (chamberlain)

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Default Garage Door Openers (1993-2005) and latest stuff (chamberlain)

Hi, i bought the latest garage door opener and a separate key fob

The packaging of the keyfob said it would work my door opener as the "LEARN" button on the overhead unit is a purple button - (was only able to -re-learn the remotes that came with the OH unit)

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/mini...-button/812732

So i tried it on my 2005 Chamberlain - still no luck...

So i went to homedepot and bought the Ethernet door opener - still no luck learning it with the 2005 OH unit and the 2014 unit..

I have programmed dozens of homelink compatible door openiers, deadbolts, keypads, gates, and never had this much of a headache..

The PINpad that came with the OH unit (2014) said it can control 1993 - current door openers - that to was unable to pair the 2005 unit

Could someone assist??

What Im trying to do:
    before the flood I had a working OH 2005 unit and 1997 wieser remote deadbolt, i could control from m:y pinpaid, remote control, and FOB,

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Chamberlain is a royal pain in the ass. They changed their rolling code system several times, and it took me forever to find a proper pairing that worked on my 90's era opener. You have to go on the chamberlain website, find your OH unit model, and see which exact current model remotes and accessories work for it.

I did the whole buy and exchange at Rona with several remotes before I went to the website and hunted down the proper accessories for it. Next garage opener won't be a chamberlain for me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    4x4

it'll program... These new Max remotes will handle all but the first rolling code versions (old yellow buttons; which are no longer supported as they're "unsafe" (no photoeyes))

put pin/paper clip into the hole / slot in the side - press button - think LED starts blinking. If no LED response - pull the damn tab out of the battery slot

Press learn button (green/red/purple/new-yellow) press button you want to program - listen for click from opener, if it doesn't click press again, repeat until it clicks, then press any other button.

Done.

Any questions...
    Last edited by AndyL; 08-11-2014 at 11:52 PM.

My Ride
    4x4

Missed the other part - programming keypad - grab instructions for the actual model number (back data plate)- usually hold #/* to get into programming mode - then same as above.

The gateway needs a I think its 888LM retrofit wall station to connect to (if your on an older purple button) - without it your opener doesn't speak myq so can't talk to the gateway.

Andy to the rescue!
    Even when not on the job anymore... he's on the job.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Originally posted by rage2
    Chamberlain is a royal pain in the ass. They changed their rolling code system several times, and it took me forever to find a proper pairing that worked on my 90's era opener. You have to go on the chamberlain website, find your OH unit model, and see which exact current model remotes and accessories work for it.

I did the whole buy and exchange at Rona with several remotes before I went to the website and hunted down the proper accessories for it. Next garage opener won't be a chamberlain for me.

thanks I had a feeling it wasn't just me. Even the cross reference data from CL doesnt work.

My Ride
    Trucks

I called the Chamberlain tech line about getting my door opener integrated into my Alarm.com system and they were awesome. Even offered to upgrade my control board for me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Did Andy's instructions work? I remember trying some of those steps with no luck.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    4x4

Originally posted by thetransporter

thanks I had a feeling it wasn't just me. Even the cross reference data from CL doesnt work.
    It's really not that bad with the new remotes... Old single frequency were a pain to cross reference at times.

But - the chamberlains have never been as hard as those damn genies. And I've done a metric crap ton of those too...

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

andy/rage2

i tried the instructions, thank you.

i just ended up returning the new remotes

the remotes/pin pad would not work with the two openers i had from 1997-2005 .

the replacement remotes wouldnt work with the new OH and the older openers from 97-2005

so i think i am just going to repair the older OH unit.

I hated the reception of the opener that came with the house so I bought this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Chamberla...955D/100431670

I wired it up to the existing opener, and use the learn function on the replacement radio control. Now, I just buy Chamberlain remotes and they all work perfectly, including the keypad.