Quantcast
The Division - Post Apocalyptic FPSRPG - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division - Post Apocalyptic FPSRPG

My Ride
    Grimace

I played the beta a bit and enjoyed it. I think I will like the full game with the base expansion and various missions. Kind of annoying the waves of enemies but it was pretty fun for the hour or so it had.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

^ It's a decent game, I feel like I would most likely buy it. While the size of the map is not the entire 1:1 of NYC, I think this section they chose will be at the very least pretty dense to walk through. It already takes almost 20 mins in the beta to go from the western most point of the map (the edge of the island that looks towards NJ/mainland US) to the eastern most boundary.

I just really hope it's not a constant run around repetitive loot farm thing.

The DZ I've come the realize is a pretty interesting area if you're in the right server, between the grind of the objectives to the rogue teams running around, it can be pretty fun if you have the right teammates, comms are key in this game imo.

Also as a side note, don't pick an assault rifle of the same caliber as your primary for your secondary, if they both use the same bullets you'll run out of ammo fast since they share. Also if there are multiple teams in the same area, be mindful of where your shots hit, really easy to accidentally hit the one retard that runs into your line of sight, in turn making your team go rogue and everyone wants to hunt you down

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don't think the base expansion is going to be what you think it is.

Think of what upgrading your house or castle or whatever in the assassins creed series was and you will get an idea. At least that's how I felt from the couple of upgrades ip Performed in the beta. Fun objectives. But it's not like FO4 where you base will be defending horde of raiders.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by killramos
    I don't think the base expansion is going to be what you think it is.

Think of what upgrading your house or castle or whatever in the assassins creed series was and you will get an idea. At least that's how I felt from the couple of upgrades ip Performed in the beta. Fun objectives. But it's not like FO4 where you base will be defending horde of raiders.
    Yeah, I was figuring that is what it is but I still find that enjoyable. Gain more abilities and tech based on what you can upgrade to.

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Played the beta for about 10 hours over the course of the weekend, not sure I have the same gripes as most of the reviews here but maybe I'm just less picky. Played on PC and am very comfortable with mouse/keyboard so gunning things down was quite simple which may make for more enjoyment.

Outside of the deadzone (missions) is pretty fun to do solo, with only 1 mission available I still had fun rushing through multiple times for loot and to reach level 8. Game play seems pretty smooth, combat system is good my only concern was the enemies with shields do soak a LOT of bullets but its understandable as killing things in 1-2 hits would be pretty boring.

As you progress I find the better weapons kill a LOT faster so maybe you guys haven't had a chance to earn such weapons? (back to this later)

The DZ is a blast, once you understand the concept the game play becomes a lot more fun (going for credits) my biggest concern here is massive groups of friends forming 2-3 groups and going rogue @ spawn points makes the game pretty boring, nothing a server reset cant fix.

I tried playing both Solo and in a group of 3 and the DZ is definitely better suited for groups, its how the game is designed to play in my mind. Now that doesn't mean you cant have fun if you go in solo but its completely different if you're running around with a few friends hunting people and attempting to hide while your rogue timer ticks down.

Inside the DZ the weapons I was using (Cadicius, M1A sniper, pistol) could drop an enemy player in a few short hits. I was 2 shotting people with the sniper (headshot at least once) and 5-10 bullets from the cadicius) Seemed pretty standard compared to a COD game per say.

While the beta content is pretty short, and you can get pretty burnt out if you continue to just run the same routes and do the same stuff, I think when the game releases and ALL the content is out its definitely worth your 80 bucks for something to do, but that's just me.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Major problems reported with cheating on the PC version. So unless ubisoft has some form of anti-cheat software, it doesn't look good if you're on PC. Reports of infinite ammo, invisible players, super speed

If these hacks are available on PC, only a matter of time before it hits consoles. Halo2 was rampant with cheaters
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Grimace

^^^Some type of anti-cheat will be available for release time they were saying iirc. Shouldn't be a problem I don't think.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I'm playing the open beta on PC and it's pretty good. Graphics set to ultra and I'm getting consistently over 44 fps. Had a drop to 28 inside Madison Square Garden but for the most part, the game runs well on my system.

Core i7-4720HQ
    12 gig RAM
    GTX980M
    Installed on a 1TB HDD

EDIT: I should mention my benchmarks. All cores utilized well. Total CPU usage in-game is around 84%. GPU usage is around 88%.

I don't really ever run into other players though, just the AI enemies. Isn't this game supposed to be a MMO?
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 02-19-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    I'm playing the open beta on PC and it's pretty good.
    wait what, they opened the beta back up again?!? Do you get to keep your old character from the beginning of the month?

There are tons of players depending on which server you get placed in, if the beta is back up I know what I'm doing all gdamned weekend now

edit: I guess it is up again, http://www.gamespot.com/articles/psa.../1100-6434925/

fml I hope I haven't deleted that 26gb file off my computer.
    Last edited by n1zm0; 02-19-2016 at 12:33 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Played the open beta for just under 8 hours over the weekend. Ran a few missions solo and jumped into the Dark Zone for a while. I love the day/night cycle and the changing weather patterns!!!! The game looks awesome and the mechanics are great.

The biggest gripe I have is idiots running into your line of fire. There was a group of 8 of us in a huge firefight with some thugs and some idiot ran right into my line of fire. Next thing I know, I'm getting gunned down by 7 players and they stole all my stuff.

But yah, the game is pretty fun.

It's a Destiny killer for me!!!!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    The biggest gripe I have is idiots running into your line of fire. There was a group of 8 of us in a huge firefight with some thugs and some idiot ran right into my line of fire. Next thing I know, I'm getting gunned down by 7 players and they stole all my stuff.
    I would hazard a guess that he did it on purpose. I see a large amount of people doing exactly that as a strategy.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Grimace

Didn't get a chance to play this beta, but it looked even better than the last. Pretty excited for this game. What platforms are you guys going to be playing on?

I pre-ordered xbox but might just sell that and get it on PC.

I only play gun games on PC (I hate joysticks for aiming, give me a keyboard + mouse)

I want to play this game, but I don't have any friends IRL picking it up and I feel like as a solo experience this game will wear thin quickly :/

Any of you have a group of friends playing on PC I can piggy back with?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I will be picking it up on PS4. I too love shooter games on PC but the wall hacks, aim bots and other cheats always make me stop playing out of frustration so its console now.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I only play gun games on PC (I hate joysticks for aiming, give me a keyboard + mouse)

I want to play this game, but I don't have any friends IRL picking it up and I feel like as a solo experience this game will wear thin quickly :/

I will be playing it on PC along with a buddy. I can let you know. I will probably buy it via GMG and play it on uplay though instead of steam to save my $20.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by schocker
    I will be playing it on PC along with a buddy. I can let you know. I will probably buy it via GMG and play it on uplay though instead of steam to save my $20.
    If you find a discount on GMG pop up let me know, I still haven't actually pre-ordered. idgaf where I get it from if it's discounted.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

IRL friends all buying it for consoles the bastards, I for one can't play this game on a controller after playing the beta, I'll be getting this game on PC as well.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by n1zm0
    If you find a discount on GMG pop up let me know, I still haven't actually pre-ordered. idgaf where I get it from if it's discounted.

IRL friends all buying it for consoles the bastards, I for one can't play this game on a controller after playing the beta, I'll be getting this game on PC as well.
    $43 USD and the dollar is doing better this week so about $59
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/e...ncys-division/

I am hoping there will be extra visual settings on PC as I noticed when I got R6 on the weekend, there were hires textures available.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by schocker

$43 USD and the dollar is doing better this week so about $59
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/e...ncys-division/

I am hoping there will be extra visual settings on PC as I noticed when I got R6 on the weekend, there were hires textures available.
    that sounds as good as it's going to get for a pre-release discounted price, think I will get it from GMG then tnx.

Ultra HD Texture Pack for R6:S is pretty nice, but I think doing the entirety of The Division environment will be tougher, just the sheer amount of buildings and objects and how vast the map is I think it'll be tough on release for a texture pack like that, not impossible in the future though.

Also The Division is the first Ubisoft game to use the new Snowdrop engine vs R6:S which used the latest version of the AnvilNext engine, basically the one all the Assassin's Creed games use.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah, I think anything better than 25% is pretty good. I am keeping my eye out for cdkeys from video card deals but no dice so I will get it from them also.

I remember seeing videos that there were just more objects in R6 on PC than xbox/ps4, so maybe that will be the case for the division.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast