Quantcast
The position of "F" you - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: The position of "F" you

Originally posted by timdog
    ^ do you have kids?
    I hate to keep asking this question, but I'm guessing most people with that attitude dont have kids.
    I have kids and I have no intention of leaving them an inheritance. Why would I scrimp and save when I could spend it myself?

That said, I hope they are in their 50s or even 60s when I die. By then they should already be self-sufficient with their own kids/grand-kids.

For the next 20 years or so I will have a life insurance policy but that is really just to help my wife out financially should I die before the kids are out of the house.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by sputnik

I have kids and I have no intention of leaving them an inheritance. Why would I scrimp and save when I could spend it myself?

That said, I hope they are in their 50s or even 60s when I die. By then they should already be self-sufficient with their own kids/grand-kids.

For the next 20 years or so I will have a life insurance policy but that is really just to help my wife out financially should I die before the kids are out of the house.
    This, die with minimal assets aside from your house. That's plenty of kickback to the kids.

Pre-Retirement while the kids of relatively young just hold life insurance to make sure things are taken care of.

If you want to give you kicks a boost do it while they are younger by helping out with education or a house down payment or something. It will mean more to them then rather than putting a few hundred G's in the bank when they are 50.

I wonder if you could structure a trust to make charitable donations in the child's name for an extended period of time to reduce tax burden for them while still being able to give to a good cause. Is there a maximum to which charitable donations are tax deductible? I cant say i have ever donated enough to hit a limit.

Just my 2 cents.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by sputnik

This echoes my thoughts exactly. I hold life insurance to get the family through a few years, but my wife would still need to work, and probably make a lot of sacrifices until the kids were adults.

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

So how does one do it? Take 25 years to pay off your place and heloc it back out slowly over 25 years? Haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That's one way. There's something called a "reverse mortgage" that lets you pull equity out of your house during retirement. I am no expert on that, I'm a little young to worry about it.

Some people downsize out of their homes during retirement into inexpensive condos or into retirement homes or assisted living facilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pizza preferences are more polarizing than politics.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by max_boost
    So how does one do it? Take 25 years to pay off your place and heloc it back out slowly over 25 years? Haha
    If I had your money, I would burn mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4