Quantcast
UPS Left $1000 item on my doorstep... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: UPS Left $1000 item on my doorstep...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by BensonTT
    Update.. The package was delivered yesterday.. Confirmed by UPS.. They told me to call Amazon to call them so they can start their "investigation"... Amazon said they can refund me but I rather have the item.. What a hassle..
    Do you live in the SE around cranston area?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

^^ lol ne and proud haha

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by BensonTT
    ^^ lol ne and proud haha
    My ups guy drops off stuff and runs away. I was at the door when he rang one day and I whipped it open as he was leaving instantly. I'm like man where you going.

Anyway
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

It gets complicated if your work has an account with the shipping companies or a large shipping and receiving area. Your parcel might end up down there either lost or with the company having been charged for dutie/tax etc...
    This. I have had some items shipped to work and as soon as FedEx and UPS get the work postal code they immediately attach the work account number to the shipment billing work. Not a big deal but if everyone did it management would definitely catch wind and put a ban on it.

I find with UPS if the packages are large and a signature is required the drivers will often drop it off even if you aren't home so the package doesn't have to be unloaded and reloaded in the morning and take up space in their truck. I have had wheels and cat back exhausts left at my front door that both required signatures. When this happens I never pay the duty bill they send me in the mail as if they can't follow their own rules neither will I.
    Last edited by heavyD; 05-29-2015 at 08:43 PM.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Originally posted by heavyD

This. I have had some items shipped to work and as soon as FedEx and UPS get the work postal code they immediately attach the work account number to the shipment billing work. Not a big deal but if everyone did it management would definitely catch wind and put a ban on it.

I find with UPS if the packages are large and a signature is required the drivers will often drop it off even if you aren't home so the package doesn't have to be unloaded and reloaded in the morning and take up space in their truck. I have had wheels and cat back exhausts left at my front door that both required signatures. When this happens I never pay the duty bill they send me in the mail as if they can't follow their own rules neither will I.
    Amen brother Amen.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3