Quantcast
Spotify? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Spotify?

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Default Spotify?

Does anyone use the Spotify?
    Found some old discussion on the service, but want to start a new discussion.

So... how does it exactly work?
    I upgraded my phone to a S6 and upgrade my Fido plan. They gave me Spotify Premium for free for 2 years.

I understand I can use data to stream and what not, but not really interested in wasting my data on music. I use Songza at work and home A LOT (have given up on fighting with itunes and buying music). Can I use this service like songza? Can I save music to my phone with Wifi and listen to it when offline (data & wifi) such as in my car (w/ bluetooth) or at the gym?

What happens when my subscription to premium runs out? Do I lose access to my saved music? What does it cost for premium regularly? (can only find promotional prices)

Thanks.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I pay $10.49 (incl. tax) a month for it. It's definitely worth it. It doesn't have every song under the sun but there a good majority of really good stuff. Haven't found out what happens to all my saved songs when premium goes away - but I think all that happens is they all just turn into stream only. I can't bank them for offline use later.

My Ride

Great, thanks!
    I've been playing around with it, so far it looks like it'll work exactly how I'd like it to. It looks like its a great value especially since its free right now, but $10 isn't bad.

Really hoping I can bluetooth it to the car, that would be awesome!

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Spotify is awesome, I use it all the time. I'm not sure how bad it is on Data, but I haven't gone over yet. I got the $0.99 for 3 months thing, but I also don't mind the free version shuffle because I usually just search for an album and want to listen to the entire thing.

My Ride

Confirmed I can play my music offline through Bluetooth on my focus (sync). Hopefully I can get it to work on the musyang now.

My Ride

Well it doesn't work for the mustang. My old Alpine deck requires an adaptor for it to connect to Bluetooth. Honestly for the price of the adaptor Ill just buy a new head unit.

This is a great service though, definitely worth the money

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Google Play Music plays through to my Pioneer HU no problem. Pandora works good but you need to use a VPN to trick service into thinking you're american.

Been meaning to try Spotify but I've been lazy and content with Google Play.

Can you rate songs and let it create play lists for you?

My Ride
    North Korean

i love spotify, literally on 24/7 (i sleep with music on). use it for work, use it at the gym, use it in my car.. for 10 bucks, its well worth it. if you havent done so already, you can make your own playlists!

My Ride
    Grimace

I have had google play for about one year, and spotify for a bit before and now again on the 3month cheap thing. I do like google play better overall especially being able to upload your own music but the spotify PC app is awesome compared to the google web interface. Both work excellent on phone/sonos etc.

I have both google play music and spotify. Spotify has a promotion right now, 3 months for $1 so figured id try it out to compare the two. Visually spotify is much more appealing, but for finding music im leaning towards google play.

My Ride

I have tried Google play in the past on my nexus. Couldn't stand it, was horrible. But that was 2 years ago, maybe it changed. Im happy with spotify especially since it's free for me.

Just need to upgrade my deck in the mustang. I find it funny how my current deck (5 or 6 yrs old) advertises Bluetooth, but it order to get it to work you have to buy this expensive adaptor... nice.

My Ride
    G37X

I'd use it if my car could stream bluetooth audio or had an aux in port but alas it's a weird situation of not having either option.