Official 2015-2016 NBA Thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Official 2015-2016 NBA Thread

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by max_boost
    No I get that but why the fuck is it that high lol

Them ballers getting paid.
    Salary floors are there to protect the middle- to lower-level players, and by "protect" I mean get them paid. If there was no floor, a lot of journeyman and role players in the league would be making league minimum while the elite players make the max, as they normally would anyways. It'd be the owners' way of cost-saving.

Also, anyone who compares Curry's contract should also remember that he signed that contract as an injury-plagued non-MVP.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Bleacher Report: Frustration With Westbrook...

The article sheds some light on the matter and, assuming it's true, shows consistency his thinking.

If KD didn't like that the offense was so iso-heavy and that he was constantly put in a position to create his own shot, then that really leaves him with two options for teams to go to:
    San Antonio
    GSW

They're the only two teams in the league that play that kind of style to the kind of effectiveness that would appeal to a win-now kind of player like KD is at this stage in his career.

Boston would've been a great place to go with Stevens drawing up all kinds of cool stuff for him.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    Bleacher Report: Frustration With Westbrook...

The article sheds some light on the matter and, assuming it's true, shows consistency his thinking.

If KD didn't like that the offense was so iso-heavy and that he was constantly put in a position to create his own shot, then that really leaves him with two options for teams to go to:
    San Antonio
    GSW

They're the only two teams in the league that play that kind of style to the kind of effectiveness that would appeal to a win-now kind of player like KD is at this stage in his career.

Boston would've been a great place to go with Stevens drawing up all kinds of cool stuff for him.
    Regardless of what this article says, I don't buy that entirely. And even if that were 100% true, he basically stepped down from the challenge to bring a 'ship to HIS team and move to a team that will sail to the Finals. Because really, the Dubs only big hurdle was OKC this year.

KD is still young and if he opted to stay, they could have made more moves and adjustments to tweek their offense.

I wouldn't mind KD leaving if he doesn't fit the rotation on the offensive side, but going to GSW looks bad all around. He might fit into the rotation better with GSW's offense and playing style, but being with 3 Superstars on a championship caliber team with a deep bench is a cop-out. IMO, You can't flourish or evolve as a Superstar playing in a offensive rotation that makes it easier for you to hit baskets, all the while playing with 3 other Top 20 players in the league. He left an already ship contending team that was 1 win away from the finals, his team blew it, so he joins the very team that beat him a month ago? This is alot worse than the Bron trade.

it seems nowadays, top tier players are so afraid to be given the Barkley stamp. lol.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 07-07-2016 at 09:14 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5