Quantcast
2016 Golf Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Golf Thread

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by cjblair

Did you actually toss it?!

I've been tempted before, but at a replacement cost of at least $200/iron, my wife would be thoroughly unimpressed.

Also, has anyone actually looked into getting PXG irons? I was intrigued, until I found out the price. Like 350USD/head
    Let's just say I took a clutch play too seriously and I couldn't deliver.

And yes, used high-end gear > new, low-end gear for the same price. Golfers are whores and want the latest thing.

Cheap fucks like me win in this situation. Through Kijiji and flea markets, my set is less than a new driver. FYI. Just get it re-gripped and boom.

Wedges are sales from Golftown. The putter is the only thing you don't cheap out IMO. I play right but putt left.

Waste of money.
    Ok sounds good. I will get his. He doesn't have a driver or putter anymore but I guess I can find those easily?

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by beecue

Ok sounds good. I will get his. He doesn't have a driver or putter anymore but I guess I can find those easily?
    Same thing, just keep your eye out on kijiji/used beyond ads/etc.

I'd buy a cheapish putter to begin with; if you decide you want to keep golfing after this year, don't be afraid to drop some money on a good one that works - you use this club more than any other club in your bag, people overlook it too often.

Driver, mostly anything from the last 5 years is going to be good. If you're unsure, just google a review or post in this thread and we can let you know if it's good for a beginner or not.

My Ride
    Exploded.

If you can one-putt anywhere around the green, you're better than everyone in the course IMO.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I have a set of knock off Pings, with a putter and a bag that I'll sell for $60 if any beginner's want to give them the go. I'll even throw in a pocket full of golf balls and tees so you'll be 100% ready to start.

I'll dig up some pictures now....

Here:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=397944

Originally posted by flipstah
    If you can one-putt anywhere around the green, you're better than everyone in the course IMO.
    Ugh my 5 3-putt bogies last week sunk my game.

My Ride
    V8s

If you can one-putt anywhere around the green, you're better than everyone in the world IMO.
    FTFY

Originally posted by lasimmon

Ugh my 5 3-putt bogies last week sunk my game.
    I hear ya. My entire card on a front 9 was all 5s except for a 6 and a 4

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

If you want a driver I can sell you a callaway Diablo for a case of wraspberry ale?? It's a regular flex I used it about a year and I swing way too fast for a regular flex
    Edit. I actually have a full set of callaway improvement irons, no pitching wedge as that went for a lake ride, no putter no bag, probably give a real good deal on them

My Ride
    V8s

Another great day to be golfing yesterday. Decided to not go today, since it's gonna be windy as balls, but have another tee time tomorrow.

Fantastic early start to the year, and my scores have almost caught up to where I left them in the fall.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

mine are getting worse. I cannot control my irons or my driver. very disappointed in my last round....99

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Another great day to be golfing yesterday. Decided to not go today, since it's gonna be windy as balls, but have another tee time tomorrow.

Fantastic early start to the year, and my scores have almost caught up to where I left them in the fall.
    haha saturday with the wind gave me my longest drive ever! 36 yards (put it 10 ft from pin on tee shot at hole 7 of the grove at heatherglen) Between that and the masters I got pretty stoked for the season.

My Ride
    Mom-van

I've played 2.5 rounds with 2 birds and an eagle so far but my scores overall have sucked balls. You guys should download the Offcourse App to keep track of your stats (and it can calculate a handicap for you too). The guys who developed it are local in Calgary and I'll be using it for the AGT this year. It's really quite sweet.. you can see what your misses are with driver and approaches, putts, etc. www.offcourse.co

Then add me to your Tour... or your Gallery.... I forget which one now lol. Once I follow you back then I think that means we are in each other's gallery.... or something. You can see which other players are playing the same course as you too!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mom-van

Oh and yes... I went 45-40=85 in round one then choked up a 48-40 in round 2.... lol
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can we start a Beyond group?

My Ride
    V8s

Can we start a Beyond group?
    Good idea.

On the note of people posting their scores - curious how many people keep honest score?

I've golfed for a couple years now, but only since the end of last season am I being 100% accurate. No foot wedges from under trees, no mulligans, etc. Surprisingly (or not, maybe) few people that I've met actually do this. Question doesn't apply to those that actually play tournament golf at your club/wherever, as you know the importance of having an accurate handicap.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'm stuck at 100s. I don't care.

This thread is killing me!

I was able to get out ~20x last year, but the 40% paycut is going to seriously hinder that this year

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by vengie
    This thread is killing me!

I was able to get out ~20x last year, but the 40% paycut is going to seriously hinder that this year
    I was worried about the industry affecting my golf this year, but now that I've paid my club dues for the year, bring on the layoff. 5 rounds a week, YOLO.
    Last edited by bjstare; 04-12-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Good idea.

On the note of people posting their scores - curious how many people keep honest score?

I've golfed for a couple years now, but only since the end of last season am I being 100% accurate. No foot wedges from under trees, no mulligans, etc. Surprisingly (or not, maybe) few people that I've met actually do this. Question doesn't apply to those that actually play tournament golf at your club/wherever, as you know the importance of having an accurate handicap.
    Yup I started keeping honest scores the last few years to actually try and get better at golf.

Although it is sad seeing a score card such as:

4 4 5 8 4 8 4 7 4

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast