Quantcast
Green Drop or Weed Man? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Green Drop or Weed Man?

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

The other day I was saying to a friend that there hasn't been much in terms of mosquitoes. Today I noticed there are tons of the little things on my windows and sides of the wall. It is as if just today someone imported them as I haven't noticed any until now! This coincides with Nutri Lawn emailed me about their new mosquito service. It couldn't be the stuff they use attract mosquitoes? Very could be the rain we hand and then the heat.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    The other day I was saying to a friend that there hasn't been much in terms of mosquitoes. Today I noticed there are tons of the little things on my windows and sides of the wall. It is as if just today someone imported them as I haven't noticed any until now! This coincides with Nutri Lawn emailed me about their new mosquito service. It couldn't be the stuff they use attract mosquitoes? Very could be the rain we hand and then the heat.
    lol I had the same situation at my place and I don't use Nutri Lawn. Coincidence.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Ok, not a conspiracy then. Seriously none the other day. I was going to mow the lawn and went to my window and holy smoke many many of them. And I looked at side of one wall and there were a bunch hanging on the wall. I guess they hatched and grew up in a hurry.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Upon more research I found out these are actually Crane Flies. The adults don't do any harm but the larvae in the lawn will create yellow patches. I am hoping it's not serious enough to need to get the lawn treated. Anyone has issues with abundance of these bugs? I see a few swamps of them and also a bunch on the side of my balcony wall. I hate having bugs get into my house so I am going to zap them and perform other measures if needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3