Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Originally posted by schocker

This is why I am confused that sauber wants to use the honda engines
    The Reddit comments are hilarious...
    'I can smell the sweat in Sauber's offices from here'
    'Maybe the car is trying to reject the engine, much like an organ transplant recipient.'

There was a interesting post on there too about Mclaren agreeing to a 18 month time frame to develop the engine. No idea if any truth to it, but interesting read. Copied from Reddit.

Mclaren is a joke and this is HUGELY down to Mclaren. 18 month development of an overly compact engine were conditions placed on the deal by Mclaren. Both basically guaranteed failure and continued problems as they rush to fix what would surely be a broken engine means they can't work on a 'good' engine by comparison. Mclaren are every bit as responsible for this, I would say more so as their decisions dictated the failure, but Honda could have said "hey Mclaren, either of those conditions separately would mean this won't work, together is pure madness... we're going to decline your offer for us to fund your little disaster". Honda willingly agreed to this cluster fuck, but the cluster fuck was entirely Mclaren's idea. I both can't comprehend how Mclaren thought either condition was reasonable or wouldn't end in disaster but even more so I can't understand why Honda agreed to it. From Mclaren's view point they apparently get the 15 mil of free engines, half the drivers salaries and 50-60mil in sponsorship cash that takes it up to about 100mil total income for them, that is great in terms of surviving as a team but still their conditions meant they get that value and a shit engine. Honda though, they were asked to rush a compact engine which would surely fail... then they were being asked to put 100mil direct into Mclaren, then they have to spend however much they are spending on the engine development. It's completely one sided for them and under conditions that nearly assure failure... whoever signed that deal at Honda fucked up so horrifically badly they should quite literally commit seppuku. Pretending Mclaren is blameless in all this is ridiculous. This isn't hindsight, the second they announced the deal and it was going to be a 18 month development program said this will not work. Rushing engineering of a complex ... well, anything, let alone engine in a bleeding edge motorsport is nothing less than utter stupidity.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Was that last post written by a Honda fanboy or something? Honda ditched size zero and started working on a brand new engine by the start of 2016. The result for 2017? As Alonso puts it, worse reliability and no power. The fact is that the ERS system is fucked. Can't even create enough excess energy from the MGU-H to allow a full laps worth of power at 1/2 the tracks. Then there's the vibrations where Honda admitted that their single cylinder tests worked fine but didn't on a V6 so they were caught off guard. Who does that?

Fact is, McLaren might have some funky ideas, most of which doesn't work but some does, but this is all Honda's problem right now. The engine can't survive a lap without blowing up has almost nothing to do with McLaren.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Buds, who is awake!?

I love the Spanish gp. Beautiful setting. It's not a speedog rated track, but I think he just doesn't like F1.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Alonso through to Q3!!!!
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Why (or I should really ask how) you up so early on Saturday...? We live in the future...

*the tiger rolls off the bed and crawls towards PVR...

Live timing. I have a setup man. Live timing on my iPad and the show, I watch sky F1 coverage courtesy of my family in England

Besides I usually skype my uncle/cousin and watch it with them.

Join me.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by R154
    Alonso through to Q3!!!!
    Vtec kicked in.
    Submaker.Illest.

I let out an OMG when Alonso made Q3
    Disappointed Vettel was able to split the Mercs, but it looks like the upgrades are still a success.
    C'mon Renault and Honda! I really want to see a more competitive midfield.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Originally posted by R154
    Live timing. I have a setup man. Live timing on my iPad and the show, I watch sky F1 coverage courtesy of my family in England

Besides I usually skype my uncle/cousin and watch it with them.
    WTF!!!! What is this sorcery you speak of that allows you to watch SKY?!!!! Tell me!!

The start should be interesting. Vettle only off by .050
    Bottas ballsed it up on the last turn. His car jumped apex I think.
    Kimmi is waay off. I think he needs to take another shit before he starts the race....you know...lighten the load a bit. But then

Alonso FINNNNAAAAALY in Q3. He still away off tough, but needs to watch out for Perez. Other wise Force India might be giving Alonso a chicken tika masala..

WTF happened to Hulkenberg he usually doing a lot better.

This qualifying excitement is too much... I need to make a cup of tea..

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30

Vtec kicked in.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Was disappointed with that Vettel Q1 cock tease. I wanted his engine to blow up for not listening to the team, not end up P2 in Q3 haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I was listening to the comparisons at the end of the qualifying. It seems like Vettle might be quicker in terms of the overal race.
    The side by side with Hamilton was interesting to see how the different cars take the turns.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Yo Speedog..

Kansas city shuffle is about to kick off... any insights to tonights drive at this giant left turn Mecca?

Jeff Gordon is presenting too. After playing Gran Turismo..Feels weird seeing him on TV..

My Ride
    Exploded.

Must be home turf advantage! PAELLA

Originally posted by tonytiger55
    Yo Speedog..

Kansas city shuffle is about to kick off... any insights to tonights drive at this giant left turn Mecca?

Jeff Gordon is presenting too. After playing Gran Turismo..Feels weird seeing him on TV..
    No insights, stage racing with playoff points has really changed the game - any of the top 30 teams are capable of winning races now. So much strategy now during the races.

I use my uncles skygo login and a VPN service.

You can legit buy sky sports for 15 quid a month. And it's viewable in Canada. Just go to sky's website.

Join me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Solid race so far. The fake strategies over the radio... so good. Still can't tell who will win this.

That sucks for bottas. But what can you do.

Great race.

Join me.

Watching Alonso pass is like seeing lochness I feel privilege to have seen it. Haha.

Poor Massa. No luck today. Stupid Vettel.

Join me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Alonso in a McLaren passing not 1, but 2 Mercedes powered cars in race at Barcelona. If someone told me that would happen on Friday, I would've lol'd in their face.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast