School me on being a Dad - Page 78 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1831

Thread: School me on being a Dad

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thank Jebus/Budda/Gaia/Zeus every night that my two daughters give a shit about their schoolwork, don't eat like pigs and think that boys are idiots.
    Keep praying hard that this doesn't change as they get older and become teenagers and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Keep praying hard that this doesn't change as they get older and become teenagers and what not.
    They're teenagers right now.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    They're teenagers right now.
    Have my fingers crossed for you bro.

My Ride
    V167

That feeling when you hear a different musical tune/sound pattern coming from your white noise machine every day......

My Ride
    V8s

My 3yo son is so stubborn it’s nuts. We can threaten him with anything, he just calls our bluff and moves on with his day. And yes, we follow through with threats. Latest was this week when he decided he didn’t want to participate in swimming, my wife told him if he didn’t listen to the teacher his Halloween candy was going in the garbage… well, he didn’t listen, when they got home my wife threw the entire bag in the garbage in front of him, and he just watched and moved on with his day. He joked about it when I got home.

Same goes with any other punishment. Take away his toys, no tv, you name it. Doesn’t phase him, he’s a psychopath haha.

Any tips? I’m all ears.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Name:  7snvmv.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  31.4 KB

I kid, I kid.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

The bible says its your duty to spank your kid if they willfully disobey you.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    V167

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    My 3yo son is so stubborn it’s nuts. We can threaten him with anything, he just calls our bluff and moves on with his day. And yes, we follow through with threats. Latest was this week when he decided he didn’t want to participate in swimming, my wife told him if he didn’t listen to the teacher his Halloween candy was going in the garbage… well, he didn’t listen, when they got home my wife threw the entire bag in the garbage in front of him, and he just watched and moved on with his day. He joked about it when I got home.

Same goes with any other punishment. Take away his toys, no tv, you name it. Doesn’t phase him, he’s a psychopath haha.

Any tips? I’m all ears.
    My brother had a similar situation with his 2 year old. Throwing toys? We will be taking all of your toys away. Kid kept throwing them. All the toys get hidden away into a closet over night. The 2 year old woke up the next day, saw all his toys are gone and found one that his dad missed. He picked it up and gave it to dad telling him here you go, you missed one, put it away. One week later the kid still doesn't mind thst all his toys are gone. ROFLAMINGO

I am also interested in hearing about how you establish consequences with a 3 year old.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Any tips? I’m all ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    My brother had a similar situation with his 2 year old. Throwing toys? We will be taking all of your toys away. Kid kept throwing them. All the toys get hidden away into a closet over night. The 2 year old woke up the next day, saw all his toys are gone and found one that his dad missed. He picked it up and gave it to dad telling him here you go, you missed one, put it away. One week later the kid still doesn't mind thst all his toys are gone. ROFLAMINGO

I am also interested in hearing about how you establish consequences with a 3 year old.
    Ask my parents, this was exactly me when I was that age apparently. They'd threaten no TV and put to bed if I didn't clean my toys, so I'd get up and turn the TV off and go sit in my bed.

My son hasn't really started this yet, but I get the feeling one of my twins will be like that

I don't know if there's any real solution other than sticking to your guns and carrying out your threats...if he's happy with no toys then it's cheaper and tidier for you

My Ride
    V8s

Ya that’s a great example of how my boy handles things. I’d like to reserve ass whooping for when he actually does something really bad haha.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It is definitely an unfortunate outcome of our kids bubble wrapped lives that even no privileges is still pretty damn good.

Good thing my kid loves all her crap More than life itself. Endless opportunities to make her day worse if she misbehaves.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sounds like an awesome way to Marie condo that dudes life.
    No candy and no toys and a clean room with no stuff in it? Fuck yeah.

But seriously I have no relevant advice. Behaviour modification can be carrot or stick. Maybe try carrot? Sticker chart to work towards a reward that he chooses? Find out what he wants that he doesn't get? Trip to the movies? Dinner at IHOP? Fucked if I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Or make him sleep in the garage
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Or make him sleep in the garage
    Mine would be in the toolbox getting tools to "fix" stuff

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Sticker charts have been a big time motivator in my house, especially with potty training my daughter. After months of being really good with it she regressed hard. Had 5 accidents in a day and seemed like she was pissing herslf out of spite. I threatened to take her big girl bed away and put the crib back because babies use diapers and pee/poop in their pants so she decided to help me clear out her room. After she called my bluff on that I sat her on the toilet for 3 hours and still I caved first.

We then tried a sticker chart because thats what worked for her brother and its been super successful. We might have 1 accident every month and a half, its actually insane how good it worked for her. We got "special stickers" one for no accidents and one for pooping in the potty and then make a huge deal out of it at the end of the day when she fills in her chart. Its honestly worked better than any threats we've had with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Sounds like an awesome way to Marie condo that dudes life.
    No candy and no toys and a clean room with no stuff in it? Fuck yeah.

But seriously I have no relevant advice. Behaviour modification can be carrot or stick. Maybe try carrot? Sticker chart to work towards a reward that he chooses? Find out what he wants that he doesn't get? Trip to the movies? Dinner at IHOP? Fucked if I know.
    This isn't exactly carrot, but it's not precisely stick, either. It's Type-1 Punishment to take something they like away (aka removing a positive stimulus). Type-2 Punishment is introducing a negative stimulus, such as whacking them with a stick.

I'm very very grateful my kids didn't pull that shit because I'm concerned that I would not respond well to that.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I hate kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Ya that’s a great example of how my boy handles things. I’d like to reserve ass whooping for when he actually does something really bad haha.
    Have you tried fucking his dad?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Sticker charts have been a big time motivator in my house, especially with potty training my daughter. After months of being really good with it she regressed hard. Had 5 accidents in a day and seemed like she was pissing herslf out of spite. I threatened to take her big girl bed away and put the crib back because babies use diapers and pee/poop in their pants so she decided to help me clear out her room. After she called my bluff on that I sat her on the toilet for 3 hours and still I caved first.

We then tried a sticker chart because thats what worked for her brother and its been super successful. We might have 1 accident every month and a half, its actually insane how good it worked for her. We got "special stickers" one for no accidents and one for pooping in the potty and then make a huge deal out of it at the end of the day when she fills in her chart. Its honestly worked better than any threats we've had with her.
    I read one theory that the promise of a reward for doing the toilet properly can actually be very stressful for kids and can have the opposite effect

I've been trying with the girls to watch for them straining as if they're trying to poop then sticking them on the potty instead of having them fill their diapers. Unfortunately the little feckers just seem to wait til they go for a nap then wake up with a diaper full of shit and a room that smells like a winters day drive through Brooks

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Sticker chart worked good for kid 1 for potty training and even staying in bed all night haha.. but she’s also a little psycho and laughs off most of our threats. Fuck is it frustrating lol.

Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast