Quantcast
Fan continues to run????? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fan continues to run?????

Default Fan continues to run?????

My car fan continues to run after the car is turned off and sometimes as I slow down in neutral (I have a 5 spd),the car will turn off???? I recently have gotten my serpentine belts replaced, but the fan was acting like that prior to the repairs. I thought it was the belts that would correct the fan so I did not mention anything to the repair shop. I spoke to them about it and was told they did a engine diagnostic check, not an electrical one. What is wrong with the fan that continues to run and is it safe? Or should I ask how long can I go before getting it repaired?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It is normal.

You probably have an electric fan. Is you car FWD? If it is, it doesn't run on the belt.

Also, you fan runs based on the temp of the coolant. If my car is hot, my fan continues to run.

Just make sure it turns off at some point or it will run down your battery. If it runs continuously, the sensor in the rad may need to be replaced... easy and cheap.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    BMW E46/R6

you're cool

My Ride
    05 Honda Civic

lol typical reaction from a high and mighty american......hey blood drop go start a war somewhere and leave us alone.

Jamie
    I love boobies

okay, these kind of questions aren't asked in the USA??

And where in the car manual does it describe this situation you capitalist bully nation living punk

My Ride
    Hybrid

Default Re: Fan continues to run?????

Originally posted by tima97
    My car fan continues to run after the car is turned off and sometimes as I slow down in neutral (I have a 5 spd),the car will turn off????
    Having the fan run after you turn off your car is usually normal. How long does it continue to stay on? If it's more than a few minutes, I'd be worried.

If I'm reading your question right, and your car is stalling in neutral while slowing down, then that's another problem entirely, I'd be more worried about that. Is there any other symptoms/indications/noises when your this happens?

Originally posted by blood drop
    your car is probly cooling it self off you fucking dumbass canadian. get a car fucking manual and read it you dumbass
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    pedals

The fan will not turn off until the car is at its propper temp.

Dont worry about it, its completely normal. Any car with an electric fan should do this until the car has cooled down.

Originally posted by benyl
    It is normal.

You probably have an electric fan. Is you car FWD? If it is, it doesn't run on the belt.

Also, you fan runs based on the temp of the coolant. If my car is hot, my fan continues to run.

Just make sure it turns off at some point or it will run down your battery. If it runs continuously, the sensor in the rad may need to be replaced... easy and cheap.
    Thanks for the decent response. I never thought about the sensor. I'm planning on taking it to an electrical shop to run a test on it, so we'll see.

You know, you need to just get a life. I am asking a simple question that I thought I could get some assistance on. I know I can read the manual, but I happened to be on the internet. I don't need a smart a@* response. OBTW, I am born and bred in the USA baby!!!!

like it was said before ,if it runs for too much longer than a couple of minutes to cool down the car ,your relay may be sticking (seen it before) .