Quantcast
Depression / Anxiety - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Depression / Anxiety

Default Depression / Anxiety

Hey guys.. I always have this nervous feeling inside me .. im always thinking negative thoughts and want to break this cycle.. dont know if im depressed or have anxiety.. I feel low energy .. wake up feeling nervous .. start thinking things like im going to have a heart attack or im going crazy or something.. just really bad thoughts.

do you or anyone you know beaten depression or anxiety or am i stuck with it for life? I fell weak asking for help but this has been happening for a while now.. am I going crazy? am I losing my mind? I can feel my heart starting to pump harder and harder.

any tips that I can beat this naturally without anti-deppression pills?

My Ride
    Honda

Hey man, here's a couple things that'll help anyone get back on their feet.

- Eat 3 healthy, balanced, and regularly scheduled meals a day. Make a conscious effort to keep up with it.
    - Make sure you get enough sleep. You'll know when it's enough, when you feel well rested. Don't oversleep, or exhaust yourself during the day. Nap if you have to, it'll work itself out.
    - Have a few good people you can call up for a beer. If you've got a spare couple hours, get a few guys together and shoot some pool or something. Try and socialize with people you're extremely comfortable with, and gradually meet new people over time.

I hope that helps a little. Those are just really basic and simple things, but it'll make a big difference in how you feel. Good luck, take it easy

Do you have a problem that you haven't told anyone? Did something traumatizing happen to make you feel this way?

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

you could try to search for it at www.webmd.com ?

My Ride

only advice I have for you is this,

Talk to a doctor, not random online people.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you may be getting the right advice from people here or they could be totally out to lunch. It could be a mood you just have to snap out of, or it could be a medical condition.

Talk to a doctor.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

Diet can play huge part in how you feel. A simple blood test might reveal an iron deficiency for example. Oh and eat bananas, they're great for stabalizing your mood.

Or if you're currently taking prescription medicine, sometimes depression is a side effect. Me and Minh are going through that right now with anti-malaria pills. Makes us both pretty bummed out.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    MDX

Aside from diet, and keeping your social life active, working out does wonders.

going to start going to the gym again... but when I start worring I start to think that im about to go crazy is it possible

My Ride
    BMW E70

Anti-depression prescriptions don't always work for everyone. Sometimes the side effects aren't worth the end result of the drug. I know some people who have been on anti-depressants for years, some rave about them and some of the others have slowly come off of them hoping to cope with depression on their own. There is many different choices out there, but like previously mentioned you really should consult a doctor. Physical activity and eating well balanced meals are definitely important, but there could be underlying reasons for the depression and anxiety.

I talked at length with my doctor and after trying multiple anti-depressants I decided to come off of them. For the most part I can work through it on my own, but anyone that knows me fairly well can tell you its far from perfect.

I do think having close friends you can talk to helps, maybe even more than diet and exercise. Having people I can trust and rely on to talk about your thoughts and feelings has helped me enormously.

Best of Luck

My Ride
    Model S

if you do have anxiety, these "tips" arent going to help you at all. most people dont realize things like this are medical conditions and you cant just "deal with it". try and find a psychiatrist, you may need to try anti-anxiety medication.

^ alot of people commit suicide because they get off anti deppression medicne.. I dont want them to tell me in crazy and take me to the hospital or panoka.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by majornerds
    ^ alot of people commit suicide because they get off anti deppression medicne.. I dont want them to tell me in crazy and take me to the hospital or panoka.
    Hahahaha.

Dr.Hollywood I presume!

Anxiety is a complex combination of the feeling of fear, apprehension and worry often accompanied by physical sensations such as palpitations, chest pain and/or shortness of breath. It may exist as a primary brain disorder or may be associated with other medical problems including other psychiatric disorders.

A chronically recurring case of anxiety that has a serious affect on your life may be clinically diagnosed as an anxiety disorder. The most common are Generalized anxiety disorder, Panic disorder, Social anxiety disorder, phobias, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Diagnosis
    A good medical history and physical examination are essential for the initial diagnosis of any of the anxiety disorders in order to exclude any other significant, treatable medical conditions that could be causing the symptoms of anxiety. A family history of anxiety disorders or other psychiatric illnesses present strenghtens the case for an anxiety disorder.

As there is a high association for anxiety for other psychiatric problems including drug abuse and depression, the physical examination should include checking for evidence of intravenous drug use or previous episodes of self-harm.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

You probly have 1 of these types;

Generalized anxiety disorder
    Main article: General anxiety disorder

Generalized anxiety disorder is a common chronic disorder that affects twice as many women as men and leads to considerable impairment (Brawman-Mintzer & Lydiard, 1996, 1997). As the name implies, generalized anxiety disorder is characterized by long-lasting anxiety that is not focused on any particular object or situation. In other words it is unspecific or free-floating. People with this disorder feel afraid of something but are unable to articulate the specific fear. They fret constantly and have a hard time controlling their worries. Because of persistent muscle tension and autonomic fear reactions, they may develop headaches, heart palpitations, dizziness, and insomnia. These physical complaints, combined with the intense, long term anxiety, make it difficult to cope with normal daily activities.

Panic disorder
    Main article: Panic disorder

This disorder is even more distressing than generalized anxiety disorder. In panic disorder, the person suffers brief attacks of intense terror and apprehension that cause trembling and shaking, dizziness, and difficulty breathing. One who is often plagued by sudden bouts of intense anxiety might be said to be afflicted by this disorder. The American Psychiatric Association (2000) defines a panic attack as fear or discomfort that arises abrubtly and peaks in 10 minutes or less. Although panic attacks sometimes seem to occur out of nowhere, they generally happen after frightening experiences, prolonged stress, or even exercise. Many people who have panic attacks interpret them correctly--as a result of a passing crisis or stress. Unfortunately, others begin to worry excessively and some may even quit jobs or refuse to leave home to avoid future attacks. It is labeled panic disorder when several apparently spontaneous attacks lead to a persistent concern about future attacks. A common complication of panic disorder is agoraphobia--anxiety about being in a place or situation where escape is difficult or embarrassing (Craske, 2000; Gorman, 2000).

Like a few people have said, there are some good tips for helping keep things somewhat decent, but if your feeling stuffl ike that. Get it checked out by your Doctor and consider talking to a psychologist/therapist, and if they see fit, maybe seeing a Psychiatrist and trying some medications will work.

And trust me, from first hand experience, it can take a long time just to get things on the right track, and the rest of your life to keep it going, but get it checked out if you feel that bad immediately, so your atleast on the right path.

Like googe said, alot of people don't seem to understand you can't always just, "Deal with it" or whatever, and unless your going insane they aren't going to send you to that Ponoka place or whatever, but if it gets so bad, you see someone, and they feel the need for you to have a medical run through in the hospital, just go ahead and do it, get it over with and start getting past it.

Check your PM's man.. I may be able to help you out.

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

i think alot of ppl go through this,

i have been feeling the same for the past months

Help him out.. How are you dealing with it man?

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

here's a site that might point you in the right direction.
    just answer the questions.

http://members.shaw.ca/drbgguthrie/d...n_anxiety_.htm

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

My gf takes St.Johns Wort for her anxiety and it helps ALOT. I'm not quite sure what else it does for you all I know is she was told its healthier for her then prescription meds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast