Quantcast
What would you like Race City to change to benefit sport compacts? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What would you like Race City to change to benefit sport compacts?

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

long sleeved shorts and pants...plus they razzed me and gave me guff one time for sandals...you have to wear shoes...that was a while ago...I am not sure if thats the same anymore...
    yeha,that has been a rule forever, all competitiors must have long sleeves, full length pants and close toed shoes, and all people in a hot pit must have (at least) a t-shirt, full lenght pants and closed toed shoes.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

And how about they clear the gravel off the autox track...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
    And how about they clear the gravel off the autox track...
    I need that to get sideways, sorry!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by girlRACER
    Allow passengers on AutoX
    They do during Friday night autox's just not during v8less because it was sort of a competition.

If drifting is going to become a regular thing at race city theyre going to have to change their rules about tires. Maybe they were cool about worn tires when they teched the drifters at v8less, that Im not sure about, but it might be nice to put that in the rule book
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    POS

i think they shouldn't charge vistor for friday night, b'coz alot of ppl don't want to pay to watch for the first time. i'm sure if they can attract more ppl to go in and watch, there will be more car to join instead of joining the street race. personally, i know alot of ppl scare to go into race city for their first time............
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by bighead2267
    i think they shouldn't charge vistor for friday night, b'coz alot of ppl don't want to pay to watch for the first time. i'm sure if they can attract more ppl to go in and watch, there will be more car to join instead of joining the street race. personally, i know alot of ppl scare to go into race city for their first time............
    They need to cover their operating expenses and make a little bit of money somehow
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Friday nights AutoX is way too expensive.If I'm only autoxing ,why should I pay for drag racing ??
    And why must my windows be closed during autoxing ??

I much prefer the CSCC's Solo 2 events . T-shirts/shorts allowed,windows open. Much more comfortable.
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

. personally, i know alot of ppl scare to go into race city for their first time............
    What are they scared of ??

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Is there a windshield crack rule? My Mazda has a good crack going accross the windsheild. if there is a rule on that, see if you can change it.. thx,,

My Ride
    POS

well, they've to cover their expensve, but for a long term, it can bring in more ppl eventually. or else, charge $5 for a car instead of $5 per person..............
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

Originally posted by ryder_23

LOL, be prepared to be raped
    Ugh! It was very expensive. Hell, I didn't need that 1.2k anyhow. Duty. GST. Brokerage fees. GST. OMFG!

In terms of rules changes I really don't think any are needed. People seem to bring up the battery relocation rule and yet how many of you really have this problem? I don't think the rules around ownership should be relaxed at all.

I wouldn't mind having a t-shirt, but pants and shoes are no big deal. I totally agree with the need for a helmet regardless of how fast/slow your car is.

Err, so basically the only thing I can add here is that the price of Auto-X is too high.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by DSM Power
    I don't think the rules around ownership should be relaxed at all.
    A lot of under 25 folks get their cars under their parents name to qualify for occasional driver status. These folks get affected.

My 944 is under my parents company name, the original purpose of the vehicle when we first purchased it was for advertising/marketing purposes.

But I can get away with running ANY car because I already have a number from my AMG, which is under my name. Numbers are assigned to drivers, not cars. I can also remove the plates and say the car was trailered in. That will also be allowed to run. Nice little loophole .

The system shouldn't be relaxed to allow anyone to bring any car, it should be changed to close this loophole, and yet allow the 2 above examples to run if permission from the registered owner/company is provided. Today, if you bring a permission slip, you won't be allowed to run that night. Race city staff will call the owners to verify later in the week, sometimes they forget... a process that takes 2-3 weeks. Most people don't even bother going back.

Oh, and next year, you have to repeat the process all over again because everyone gets assigned new numbers.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Bud Park > Race City

Bud Park keeps the Fun involved. Race City makes everything such a formality.
    Travel

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by Ben
    Bud Park > Race City

Bud Park keeps the Fun involved. Race City makes everything such a formality.
    Its more of an informal place though. It doesn't have autox or solo2...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I cant believe people are complaining about paying $5 to watch...... thats pretty dam cheap for a night of entertainment.

Battery cut off

My Ride
    POS

well, if they've in before, it's worth that $5. but alot of ppl don't even know what they looks like. may be alot of ppl expect it's like a party in fast and furtrious..........who knows

Pm for detail

My Ride
    Model S

well, if they've in before, it's worth that $5. but alot of ppl don't even know what they looks like. may be alot of ppl expect it's like a party in fast and furtrious..........who knows
    no one wants those types there anyways so it doesnt matter then

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I agree on the whole auto x should be$10, and drag $10. Paying for drag when you only want to auto x is rediculous..

and who the hell is complaining about $5 to watch? How cheap are YOU?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Its more of an informal place though. It doesn't have autox or solo2...

Thats new this year, race city has ALWAYS been a tight ass compared to bud park.
    Travel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast