Quantcast
New Suv Bigger Than Hummer -- So Brutal - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Suv Bigger Than Hummer -- So Brutal

Default New Suv Bigger Than Hummer -- So Brutal

SO SO sad, with all the problems with Global Warming today how can we possible support this?

http://p212.ezboard.com/fthelandofbo...picID=89.topic

(AT THE BOTTOM OF THREAD IN LINK)

If you want to argue about Good/BAD SUV's then read the top part of the thread in the link above

peace

LMFAO at your sig.
    Thats a nice suv

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Errr....I see that as more of a military vehicle than an SUV.

On the other hand, if you don't like big, oversized vehicles, I guess we'd better ban buses! (kidding)

That is a troop transport, not an actual consumer car.

Thats like telling the militart they should use geo metros instead of MLVW's.

Gweedo...

Take your left wing anti-fascist propaganda somewhere else.

That is the uuuuugliest vehicle I have seen in a loooooong time..

Originally posted by sputnik
    Take your left wing anti-fascist propaganda somewhere else.
    you are against anti-fascist propoganda.... so you are for fascism?? I hope you did no mean to say that..

"Fascism
    A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism."
    Last edited by shadow; 11-15-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Default Re: New Suv Bigger Than Hummer -- So Brutal

Originally posted by Gweedo
    SO SO sad, with all the problems with Global Warming today how can we possible support this?
    The Smart Truck would weigh in at no less than 8,000lb, compared to nearly 5,000lb for the second generation Hummer, the H2. It would be about 3in higher than the Hummer and 4ft longer, but its fuel consumption would be lower.

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    That is a troop transport, not an actual consumer car.

Thats like telling the militart they should use geo metros instead of MLVW's.

The commercial version would not have the electronics designed to detect anthrax, the Kevlar armouring on the underside, the night-vision cameras and the 25-inch LCD touch-screen computer monitors. But it would be just as big.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Off topic or not, global warming is a scam.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

The commercial version would not have the electronics designed to detect anthrax, the Kevlar armouring on the underside, the night-vision cameras and the 25-inch LCD touch-screen computer monitors. But it would be just as big.
    I missed the anthrax bit....... thaaats great this is the last thing we need rolling around the streets.
    Thats a great feature that detects anthrax..... however I suggest that they have a big buzzer on the console that when anthrax is detected... beeps and displays the message "YOUR SCREWED!"

Originally posted by rage2
    ohoh that sounds like a land mine for opinions... *no shots below the belt*
    !!!!! FIGHT !!!!!! haha
    Last edited by shadow; 11-15-2004 at 03:02 PM.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Default Re: New Suv Bigger Than Hummer -- So Brutal

Originally posted by Gweedo

http://p212.ezboard.com/fthelandofbo...picID=89.topic

(AT THE BOTTOM OF THREAD IN LINK)

If you want to argue about Good/BAD SUV's then read the top part of the thread in the link above

peace
    meh its a big suv, btw why cant we ban the hippies around here :|
    Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Iwish more people would figure this out.

Tell me all about global warming when it is -40C outside and I am changing the dead battery out of my car on the front street.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

In the actual article it says they do want to market it as a consumer SUV. At some point, people are going to figure out that my right to drive around in a tank infringes on the rights of others.

And got to love the loophole that an Audi S4 gets hit with the gas guzzler tax while the H2 does not.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1110-26.htm

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by ramminghard

how is it a scam? is the documentation of the polar ice caps melting a scam?

please convince me

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

Originally posted by hjr

how is it a scam? is the documentation of the polar ice caps melting a scam?

please convince me
    Have you ever heard of ice ages? Look out your window, I see brown stuff on the ground, and positive temperatures. Somehow, the ice all melted last ice age, and we didn't even have our SUV's to make it happen.

Global Warming certainly isn't a scam, but I think their saying that the fact that we're causing it all is, and they're mostly right. The world has frozen (global cooling) and melted (global warming) several times without humans. Both cooling and warming are positive feedback systems, as the world cools, more snow/ive accumulate, being white they reflect the sun's heat more and the earth gradually cools. Eventually, earth gets quite cold, and snow covered (Not necessarily a complete snowball, althought that is believed to have happened). Last glaciation reached down to the middle of the states i think, or somewhere around there.

Eventually, volcanoes begin errupting, emitting gasses like CO2 into the atmospher which help to trap the heat, the dust and ash also absorbs more of the suns heat since it is dark. Gradually the ice melts, and more and more methane is released into the atmosphere from inside the ice, trapping more heat. And this continues in a cycle.

i think we're in a warming period right now, and fossil fuels are certainly contributing to this, but so are farting cows. Fuck LA and New Orleans, I want warm weather in the winter here.

Gradual heating and cooling of the earth is a normal thing... however the time span that it occured in is a lot different.

The global warming that is occuring today is happening at a rate that the earth has never seen before... is it a bad thing... well maybe not... the fact is we do not know.

However it is better to work to have better environmental solutions tomorrow than to give our children a world that is potentially more dangerous to live in because of our legacy.

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

Originally posted by shadow
    Gradual heating and cooling of the earth is a normal thing... however the time span that it occured in is a lot different.

The global warming that is occuring today is happening at a rate that the earth has never seen before... is it a bad thing... well maybe not... the fact is we do not know.

However it is better to work to have better environmental solutions tomorrow than to give our children a world that is potentially more dangerous to live in because of our legacy.
    We don't necessarily know its never happened before though either.

And I agree, but I'm more worried about depletion of non renewable resources than speedy global warming, cuz G.W. affects probly won't be felt for hundreds, or thousands of years, but we can run out of things within a matter of decades.

Originally posted by Singel

We don't necessarily know its never happened before though either.

And I agree, but I'm more worried about depletion of non renewable resources than speedy global warming, cuz G.W. affects probly won't be felt for hundreds, or thousands of years, but we can run out of things within a matter of decades.
    Yeah I agree with that the possibility of non renewable resources running low or making it more costly to retrieve than they are worth would have a uncomprehendable amount of damage on the worlds economies as it currently is.

I cannot imagine what people or the market would be without the ability to use petrolium byproducts to make plastics...
    Last edited by shadow; 11-15-2004 at 06:29 PM.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

that truck is made by internation it will be a peice of shit and break down just like all international trucks, they would be better off in geo's

My Ride
    a wrx.

just because dealing with it hurts the economy doesnt mean its a scam.
    Originally posted by ramminghard

the number of people who believe/disbelieve a theory doesnt make it more or less true.
    Originally posted by sputnik

Tell me all about global warming when it is -40C outside and I am changing the dead battery out of my car on the front street.
    global warming is a lot bigger than you and your dead battery.
    Originally posted by Singel

Have you ever heard of ice ages? Look out your window, I see brown stuff on the ground, and positive temperatures. Somehow, the ice all melted last ice age, and we didn't even have our SUV's to make it happen.

Global Warming certainly isn't a scam, but I think their saying that the fact that we're causing it all is, and they're mostly right. The world has frozen (global cooling) and melted (global warming) several times without humans. Both cooling and warming are positive feedback systems, as the world cools, more snow/ive accumulate, being white they reflect the sun's heat more and the earth gradually cools. Eventually, earth gets quite cold, and snow covered (Not necessarily a complete snowball, althought that is believed to have happened). Last glaciation reached down to the middle of the states i think, or somewhere around there.

Eventually, volcanoes begin errupting, emitting gasses like CO2 into the atmospher which help to trap the heat, the dust and ash also absorbs more of the suns heat since it is dark. Gradually the ice melts, and more and more methane is released into the atmosphere from inside the ice, trapping more heat. And this continues in a cycle.

i think we're in a warming period right now, and fossil fuels are certainly contributing to this, but so are farting cows. Fuck LA and New Orleans, I want warm weather in the winter here.
    the issue at hand is that this warming trend is human driven and that it fucks shit up in ways that will directly affect humans. cattle produced methane only contributes about 10% to the greenhouse effect, so its not quite as big of a deal as sayyyyy...people burning gasoline for shits and giggles...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast