Quantcast
Interracial Relationships? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Interracial Relationships?

My Ride
    SKYLINE GTR ,AE86, memories of a turbo 2000 lude

Default Interracial Relationships?

Ok, what do you think of interracial relationships?
    1. If you are Asian, are your parents cool with it?
    2. Would you marry outside of your race, or do you just consider those relationships "flings" until you marry your parents idea of the asian dream girl
    3. Do you suck your parents dicks and date your race just to please the parents?
    4. Are you attracted to people outside your race?
    5. Have you ever had "cultural problems" when dating outside your race?

i was just curious to know cause ive been dating my girlfriend for about 3 years now andmy parents seem cool with it - at least thats what they lead me to believe,and honestly i really dont care what they think. as long as im happy that should be the main reason right??
    Last edited by choweyt3t4; 12-04-2002 at 11:31 PM.

i am half asian. i don't speak chinese, i speak french and have encountered a lot of problems in the past with dating asian men. i find that relationships with first gen or even second gen "CBCs" that have traditionnal parents...it takes a lot of work. even with my upbringing, i have seen conflicts with asian (dad) and western (mom) views, however my parents are wonderful and i love them dearly, they have learned to compromise with opposing views on upbringing and my brothers and i have been very fortunate and lucky to have parents like them. i find that i don't speak chinese an impediment to a lot of potential relationships. i don't really relate to chinese culture b/c i haven't been brought up that way either. my mom is white and my dad is chinese and i even see that they have had to deal with impressions from other people. even when my mom and i go out together..we sometimes get "amazed" statements...(eg when my mom tells a person her last name) over time it has gotten more tolerable and accepted with the bulk of society...however there are still those few close-minded individuals.

as for inter-racial IMO: as long as you love eachother...than what others think shouldn't matter. you love that person for who he/she is... you don't want to let someone's ignorant views disrupt your better judgement do you?
    Last edited by RSeXy; 12-04-2002 at 11:34 PM.
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Originally posted by RSeXy
    i am half asian. i don't speak chinese, i speak french and have encountered a lot of problems in the past with dating asian men. i find that relationships with first gen or even second gen "CBCs" that have traditionnal parents...it takes a lot of work. even with my upbringing, i have seen conflicts with asian (dad) and western (mom) views, however my parents are wonderful and i love them dearly, they have learned to compromise with opposing views on upbringing and my brothers and i have been very fortunate and lucky to have parents like them. i find that i don't speak chinese an impediment to a lot of potential relationships. i don't really relate to chinese culture b/c i haven't been brought up that way either. my mom is white and my dad is chinese and i even see that they have had to deal with impressions from other people. even when my mom and i go out together..we sometimes get "amazed" statements...(eg when my mom tells a person her last name) over time it has gotten more tolerable and accepted with the bulk of society...however there are still those few close-minded individuals.

as for inter-racial IMO: as long as you love eachother...than what others think shouldn't matter. you love that person for who he/she is... you don't want to let someone's ignorant views disrupt your better judgement do you?
    We are not asking for essay format answer here.......

By the way, my gf is 1/2white 1/2 chinese.....who cares about the parents.....once I'm done school, I'm gone! hahhaa
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

any human female with boobs i'll date... lol j/k

i'm chinese and my grandparents have that huge hate towards japanese cuz my aunt was killed by japanese soldiers during the second world war. but my parents dont really care who i date, they said they prefer if i dated a chinese girl.

i found myself to be more attractive to asian chicks, just look at my avatar.

id say when it comes to love, there r no boundaries, either ur family understands, or they dont.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

I will answer for LUDELVR

Blonde girls are where its at!
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost

We are not asking for essay format answer here.......

By the way, my gf is 1/2white 1/2 chinese.....who cares about the parents.....once I'm done school, I'm gone! hahhaa

shuddup you!

maybe i like essays!

Default Re: Interracial Relationships?

Originally posted by choweyt3t4
    Ok, what do you think of interracial relationships?
    2. Would you marry outside of your race, or do you just consider those relationships "flings" until you marry your parents idea of the asian dream girl
    3. Do you suck your parents dicks and date your race just to please the parents?
    4. Are you attracted to people outside your race?
    5. Have you ever had "cultural problems" when dating outside your race?

i was just curious to know cause ive been dating my girlfriend for about 3 years now andmy parents seem cool with it - at least thats what they lead me to believe,and honestly i really dont care what they think. as long as im happy that should be the main reason right??
    1. Parents cool as long as she's not "darker than me."
    2. Yes.
    3. No.
    4. Yes.
    5. No.

My Ride
    MDX

half of my friends are mixed, 2 are half japanese and white, one is nepalese and british, lebanese and british, eastindian and black. Damn, there arent many purebred's out there...lol
    j/k

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

my fiancee is asian....I'm german, and grew up in South America...???...enough said.

My parents always said they will accept whomever I decide to marry. They always said, as long as I'm happy they are happy.

However my grandparents are a different story....
    Last edited by CLiVE; 12-05-2002 at 12:18 AM.

My Ride
    GTI

Last girl I dated was Philipino-Greek, my parents were cool with it, I never met her dad, her mom was Philipino and she really liked me, so i think that covers those bases. (I'm a white ass finnish-canadian.)

I don't think I'll end up marrying a white girl.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH!!!!!!

I think that one might have to go in the sig, dammit that's funny
    Last edited by Hakkola; 12-05-2002 at 12:08 AM.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

I Think anyone that is closeminded enough to care about Race in a relationship where they Truly care about the other person really has to take a second look at the Situation.

Im White and My Parents Have Never Said they would "prefer" me to Date white Girls , Are Asian Parents Really that strict about interracial relationships?
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

my parents could care less

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

My parents are just worried about the communication barrier......being able to communicate effectively is everything......
    I am user #49

My Ride
    335i

Ahaha one time my friend was dating this asian chick. The problem was she had this fucken psycho of a dad who used to stalk her because he didn't approve of the guy. At every instant, she'd be picked up by her dad whenever she was with him. He decided he didn't need a police officer on every date, so he got rid of that pretty quickly!
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

my parents would prefer that I marry an asian chick, but its really up to me.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

my parents doesnt care unless they are um... not white/azn... hint... darker color.. my dad is racist not proud of it but he is

My Ride
    a wrx.

meh race isnt really an issue...actually i normally find myself more attracted to white girls...not always, but a lota (but not all!!!) asian girls are ditzy and/or stupid...

try convincing an east indian/african girl's folks to let her date an asian dude....sigh. hehe

My Ride
    BMW E70

My moms side of the family is asian, and all of them married white people. So, obviously my grandma was fine with interracial marriage. My parents don't care who I date or choose to marry. I'm more attracted to white people though...

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I've dated lots of white and asian girls and some philipino and one fijian. I remember going out with this viet. girl. Her dad finally found out that I was white and she was banned from seeing me! And she did! I was like WTF! But life goes on. I bumped into here last year, she told me she almost got married to this older vietnamese guy and moved to asia with him untill she realized that she didn't love him, here parents did. She asked if I wanted to go for dinner to apologize

It doesn't matter what culture your mate is, as long as your in it doesn't matter!
    Last edited by legendboy; 12-05-2002 at 12:40 PM.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast