Quantcast
Help with Le Girlfriend's G2 Integra - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Help with Le Girlfriend's G2 Integra

Default Help with Le Girlfriend's G2 Integra

Le girlfriend's transmission this morning was acting funny, she thought nothing of it (thought it was cold related) and got to work. Leaving work, she had a hard time getting it in gear and shifting, and the clutch was super stiff and vibrating
    back to her foot.

When it was 25 below it worked fine, it was just today that it pretty much was fucked.

At a light 1st gear shudders and revs high without going much faster, second is a bit better and 3rd is pretty much normal.

I haven't driven a manual since my Jetta in 1995-1996 and it was new so I never encountered issues like this or worried about it. IE I have no idea what it could be. Is it the clutch, the tranny, or something else?

Thanks in advance...

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

sounds like it is out of oil. she probably had a leaky axle seal. try topping it up and it may* be ok
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

My All Trac does the exact same thing you described, we replaced the clutch slave and master cylinder but that did not help. So it's probably something internal. Is it a cable or hydro clutch? If its a hydro one of the two cylinders may be leaking....

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I just happen to have my Haynes manual open when I saw this post. This is out of the specific manual for 90-93 Integras. Maybe try posting a message in the G2 integra thread as well. Someone there may have had the same problem. I'd try to help more but mine's an auto. HTH:

Hopefully this is a bit better to read.
    Last edited by frozenrice; 03-24-2005 at 10:26 PM.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

hmmm....thanks guys. anyone have the g2 and the same issues?

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    anyone have the g2 and the same issues?
    This issue hasn't come up with any of the guys in the G2 thread here, but they may have encountered this before though. Post a message (it won't hurt).

You can also check G2IC.com, but do a search before asking anything, cause they get really nasty if you post a message on a topic that's been covered before. Damn Yanks..........

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY > ALL

Default Re: Help with Le Girlfriend's G2 Integra

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    When it was 25 below it worked fine, it was just today that it pretty much was fucked.

At a light 1st gear shudders and revs high without going much faster, second is a bit better and 3rd is pretty much normal.
    I call CLUTCH, by revving high without going much faster sounds like its slipping like a bitch to me. Put it in 3rd at dead stop and rev it to 2000-2500RPM(no more then that) and drop the clutch and i mean just DROP it...If it dies/stalls then your clutch is fine, if the car moves and does not die then your clutch is due.

Check the clutch fluid level. If it's low top it up and check under the dash at the clutch pedal. The clutch master might be leaking at the seal at the top of the pedal. If it is, then you need to replace the master cylinder.

If that wasn't it, then I'd say it's the clutch.
    I live my life a beer at a time, nothing else matters.

Thanks a mil guys, had it towed to Acura because she's leaving to france for the week and we needed some sort of idea what was wrong before dropping it off (the dealer could be closed today)

Once again beyond has pulled through!

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Originally posted by Inthered
    Check the clutch fluid level. If it's low top it up and check under the dash at the clutch pedal. The clutch master might be leaking at the seal at the top of the pedal. If it is, then you need to replace the master cylinder.

If that wasn't it, then I'd say it's the clutch.
    I'd say nope because she has a cable and not a hydraulic transmission.

It has something to do with the clutch I believe. But as everyone says try to top out the tranny fluid and see what happens.