Quantcast
Anderson and Deerfoot is trying to kill me - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson and Deerfoot is trying to kill me

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Default Anderson and Deerfoot is trying to kill me

Last weekend my chain blew off of my bike there, tonight.. another story:

Im coming up on the westbound anderson turnoff on deerfoot slowing from 110 to about 80ish, well, this middle-aged woman cuts me off (shes doing about 60.. still in the 100 zone) she doesnt signal or even shoulder check. I was at about 85 clicks at this point and on the brakes I go;

The car kicks sideways to the right about 45 degrees from center.... I bring it back (its raining with some puddles) and it shoots the other way equally as obtuse.. at this point she had moved back to the other lane and I was beside and ahead of her I saw her face even.. not a blink or anything.. like nothing was going on.. I got the car stable after a couple more corrections and backed right off.. she just continued on hunched close to her steering wheel, hands at 10 and 2 gazing off into the distance in her warm knitted sweater.

Right around the corner there were emergency crews cleaning up a crashed jeep cherokee..

My girlfriend was with me.. I think I sharted more than she did.

Im just glad I got us out of that.. I dont get into them very often.. I guess practicing in the winter helps stay sharp?

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

buzz around her, cut in front, and slam on the brakes.

Sorry to hear, but maybe it's because everybody hates you:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=97100

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Originally posted by illeagle
    majorly tempting.. but I was comign off of a pretty good adrenal overload. Man some people are oblivious.

That whole area is a clusterfuck.....

I'm surprised that there are'nt more accidents there.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride

I always slow down to 50 or 60 in that area because it's so accident prone, yet people blast by me giving me the finger all the time. Stupid people.

Originally posted by fingirl
    I always slow down to 50 or 60 in that area because it's so accident prone, yet people blast by me giving me the finger all the time. Stupid people.

LOL

Love the avatar fingirl!

My Ride
    Low Rent

Ugh. Living down off Bow Bottom, I get to deal with that every day. The Southland offramp lane (northbound) is a scary place to be in the morning - you've got guys coming off Deerfoot and diving through two lanes of traffic on one side, and on the other side are people too impatient to get into the lane further back so they drive all the way up the wide shoulder. It's bad enough in a car - I'll never ride to work that way, if I can get away with it. Just too many ways to die.
    "Oh yeah! Plus, armed men are stealing my pop!"

My Ride

Originally posted by sputnik

LOL

Love the avatar fingirl!
    Why thank you, finally some hospitality on this forum. Seems like noone wants to befriend a middle-aged woman who drives a minivan.

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

You dummy, you are the type that cause accidents.. and MAKE it accident prone.

Slowing down to 50 in a 100 zone? Did you happen to cut off a mercedes benz last night? WTF are you thinking? Seriously, I am curious as to how your type thinks.. and how you can call doing half of the posted speed limit.. a safe thing.

Why do you think people are giving you the finger you dumbass.

Or you are full of shit and simply trying to agitate people.

My Ride

My minivan can't exactly handle like your expensive mercedes!

My Ride
    '86 Toyota Tercel

Originally posted by illeagle
    And what would that solve exactly?

People here need to get their road rage in check.

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

kst00pid.

My Ride
    Low Rent

No, it wouldn't, fingirl, but you may be underestimating what it can do. A regular Caravan should have little trouble handling at Deerfoot speeds. The largest problems are thoroughly clearing your blind spots and planning well ahead for lane changes.

If you feel you need to drop your speed by 40-50 kph to map out where you want to be, that's your decision. However, most drivers (including Beyonders) desire conformity from other drivers. When you're going the same speed as everyone else, it's easier to predict your movements, which means it's a safer driving environment.

At least, that's the way people would feel about it if they had half a brain. Most people who flip you off for going slow are just cheesed that you've delayed them.

My Ride

Well I don't drive slow all the time, just when I think it's necessary, like on the turn from anderson to deerfoot. If survivor or big brother is on, I'm always going at least 10 over the speed limit so I can make it home on time. If "beyonders" don't like my driving they can get lost. I'm older than most of you, so I can drive how I want. Who are the cops going to believe if there was ever an accident, a mother or some punk kid? Face it, minivans make up a large percentage of todays traffic in the city, best thing to do is leave us alone, we don't care about you or your opinions.

My Ride
    Sentra

Well I don't drive slow all the time, just when I think it's necessary, like on the turn from anderson to deerfoot. If survivor or big brother is on, I'm always going at least 10 over the speed limit so I can make it home on time. If "beyonders" don't like my driving they can get lost. I'm older than most of you, so I can drive how I want. Who are the cops going to believe if there was ever an accident, a mother or some punk kid? Face it, minivans make up a large percentage of todays traffic in the city, best thing to do is leave us alone, we don't care about you or your opinions.
    just because you are older, doesnt give you the right to drive however you want. everyone has to follow the same laws of the road.

its probably this mentality that makes me drive away from most minivans on the road.

My Ride
    Low Rent

If "beyonders" don't like my driving they can get lost. I'm older than most of you, so I can drive how I want. Who are the cops going to believe if there was ever an accident, a mother or some punk kid? Face it, minivans make up a large percentage of todays traffic in the city, best thing to do is leave us alone, we don't care about you or your opinions.
    Lines like "I'm an adult now, so I can do what I want" or "There's a lot of us, we don't have to listen to you" were foolish back in high school, when I heard it from spoiled brats and skater kids with persecution complexes.

Forum opinion aside, it's like this: driving, although almost necessary in Calgary, is a privilege, not a right. This is why they test you on it. With any privilege comes responsibility. The responsibility of driving is that you not endanger others by driving erratically. By driving slowly in a high-speed traffic pattern, you create a situation in which people will want to get around you, causing a traffic disturbance. In any traffic disturbance, there is a heightened potential for an accident: not only just into the back of your slow-moving vehicle, but for everyone who must lane-change to get around you. Someone with the mentality of an adult, and not just the years, would realize that nobody drives in a vacuum where they can do as they please.

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Ahh I had an incident just about 2 hours ago...

I was coming into downtown turning off of Crowchild north onto Bow Trail East. The right lane is a "Must Exit" lane so I am going nicely along and this minivan full of kids (there were at least 4 on the back row and 3 in the middle) shoots infront of me and then slams on the brakes. I slam on my brakes, skidded a distance and then she decides to resume speed at a good ol' 30 kph...

WTF!!!

If my car didn't have ABS, I would of probably slammed into this stupid woman.

When I get onto Bow Trail, I have to go to the far left lane. So as I go over there, she is still going 30, and when I pass her, guess what she is doing. Exactly like the description that TheBenzo had in his original post.

Little woman can barely see over the dash with hands at 10 and 2 completly oblivious.

Come to think of it, it is an easier and safer drive coming into downtown in RUSH HOUR than during the day when all the idiots come out to drive.

Sorry about the rant, but I took advantage of this post without creating my own.

I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

Contrary to what my son may have said about me, I'm very literate and intelligent. The only thing fishy around here is that aroma coming from my crotch area.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Well I don't drive slow all the time, just when I think it's necessary, like on the turn from anderson to deerfoot. If survivor or big brother is on, I'm always going at least 10 over the speed limit so I can make it home on time. If "beyonders"; don't like my driving they can get lost. I'm older than most of you, so I can drive how I want. Who are the cops going to believe if there was ever an accident, a mother or some punk kid? Face it, minivans make up a large percentage of todays traffic in the city, best thing to do is leave us alone, we don't care about you or your opinions.
    Its true, with age comes ignorance . Like has been stated it doesnt matter who you are, if your "some punk kid" or some menopausle woman, angry father or bitchy mother, there are rules of the road and every one must follow them. Police will believe who they think is in the right not specifically you because your a mother in a minivan. Stereotyping the youth as punks is very immature for your age. If you want respect you need to give it no matter if it is to other drivers on the road by driving appropriately, to your co-workers or to the kid you see driving his new car that hes been saving up for that wants to do 100 in the 100 zone but you insits on doing 50 or 60. Please rethink how your approaching driving for the sake of every one on the road. I dont wanna have to read more accident threads just because of some ones "I'm older i'll drive how i want" attitude.

EDIT:
    If "beyonders"; don't like my driving they can get lost. I'm older than most of you, so I can drive how I want.
    Lady, your on beyond.ca: This is where beyonders are and we dont like your driving.
    Last edited by schurchill39; 08-10-2005 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride

You're one to talk.....punk!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast