Quantcast
Connecting Computer to TV - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Connecting Computer to TV

Default Connecting Computer to TV

Hey guys,
    I just recently purchased a 37" Daytek LCD and I want to connect my computer to my TV. I can currently unplug my computer lcd monitor and plug it into my tv via VGA port, but I want to see if there is any other way I can do this.

Ideally, I would like to have my computer hooked up to my monitor and my tv, that way I don't have to keep reconnecting one and connecting the other physically every time I want to use them. I just want to be able to flip my tv over to PC and look at that.

I'm using a Gigabyte motherboard with onboard video so I don't have any outputs (ex. s-video) to connect to computer. Am I out of choices?

Thanks!

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Are you looking at running a dual monitor setup, or just want the option of flipping between screens? From my understanding, it sounds like you're after the latter, in which you can simply buy a video splitter box. They should be less than $50 (if not much less) for the basic box and has a switch that will let you select which "monitor" you want to use. Try searching around MemEx's website; you'll be able to come up with something.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    09 wrx265

Originally posted by mo_money2supe
    Are you looking at running a dual monitor setup, or just want the option of flipping between screens? From my understanding, it sounds like you're after the latter, in which you can simply buy a video splitter box. They should be less than $50 (if not much less) for the basic box and has a switch that will let you select which "monitor" you want to use. Try searching around MemEx's website; you'll be able to come up with something.

or
    does your videocard only have 1 AGP port or does it also have a DVI?
    if it does, you could buy the DVI to AGP converter so that you can connect 2 AGP on your videocard and can run on either or both screens at the same time

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

^^ he has onboard video so it has shitworth for connections. best thing to do is what mo_money said and get a splitter box, or you can spend a little more and get a better vid card with dual outputs

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I can't sleep so I found one for ya: http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.p...ctID=4112&SID=

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.