Quantcast
"The Dark Knight" Thread (was: New Joker revealed...) - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Dark Knight" Thread (was: New Joker revealed...)

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I finally saw Dark Knight last night and it was pretty freaking good. The Joker is the only 'Villain' that has really honestly frightened me at times in a movie. Heath Ledger did a really really good job as the Joker. I cant wait for the next one.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

I dunno about this catwoman reference. What I wonder is, why wouldn't fox answer his "dog" question at all? Why mention a cat? Unless it's kind of going back to the "were you mauled by a tiger?" scene.

My buddy picked up on this as well.. I don't know how they would do a good catwoman if they decided to go in that direction anyways. Would be interesting I am sure.

They have set some high standards for the third film, that's for damn sure. Heath was fucking awesome. Seen it three times and am ready for fourth in IMAX. Best movie I've seen since The Departed.. and Batman Begins of course.

My Ride
    Nissan Altima 2.5S

The Departed is good.

hehe....
    znx` ||

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Lucius didn't answer the dog question because it offered no protection against dogs.. so he said something smaller and less dangerous instead, cats.

Not really an obvious hint for a sequel villain, in any case, although it would be fucking sweet to get Catwoman and the Riddler out for the third one. Catwoman especially would be interesting.. Bruce & Batman need a new love interest now and Catwoman would be perfect for that

Haha.. simple enough answer. Makes sense..

Has anyone seen the movie in theater AND in IMAX?? I want to know if IMAX is worth the hassle of getting a ticket to (or at least worth it at this point in time). So far, sounds like yes.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by OCDP
    Haha.. simple enough answer. Makes sense..

Has anyone seen the movie in theater AND in IMAX?? I want to know if IMAX is worth the hassle of getting a ticket to (or at least worth it at this point in time). So far, sounds like yes.
    I saw it twice in a normal theater and once in IMAX. It is definitely worth it - I've never seen anything like the IMAX presentation before. Absolutely stunning.

Originally posted by b_t

I saw it twice in a normal theater and once in IMAX. It is definitely worth it - I've never seen anything like the IMAX presentation before. Absolutely stunning.
    Right on man. I will have to pre order some tickets!

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by b_t

I never saw it in a normal theater, but the imax show was indeed stunning.

Can't believe I haven't gone again to see it.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

i was thinking about it after i watched the movie, with the sudden passing of Ledger, i wonder if the director was planning on using him for another movie because of his fken amazing acting skills or use different villains all together.

i'll add as many others have, Heath was great! i haven't seen an actor so engrossed in a character in a long time, this is the way villains should act for comic book movies, real world cold-hearted sadism brought upon from a shitty childhood

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by n1zm0
    i was thinking about it after i watched the movie, with the sudden passing of Ledger, i wonder if the director was planning on using him for another movie because of his fken amazing acting skills or use different villains all together.
    I bet your right the movie was setting up Joker to at least stay for the next movie, however now that he is gone. Chances are good they wont find a replacement, because of the fact that no one can play the joker as good as Ledger, Ledger has set the bar way too high for anyone to even match. And it could entirely bring down the 3rd movie. So they will not risk it. There is enough villan in the series, I dont think they have to worry too much,

you know I would be excited to see what they can do with the riddler considering he can also be a joke/clown/seriously twisted type as well
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '01 Celica GT, '93 Integra, '99 Civic Si

I could never see heath ledger as the joker at all!
    If he didn't pass away do you think he would have been to acknowledged as much as he is being now?

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Just saw the movie last night on Imax. The detail on the 70mm Imax film is awesome. Not to mention the sound and overall size of the screen.

Spoiler:

Did anyone catch the fact that the Joker swapped the address of Harvey Dent and Rachel? I swear to god I heard Batman said he was going for Rachel and he arrives and saves Dent

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by Schwa
    Just saw the movie last night on Imax. The detail on the 70mm Imax film is awesome. Not to mention the sound and overall size of the screen.

Spoiler:

Did anyone catch the fact that the Joker swapped the address of Harvey Dent and Rachel? I swear to god I heard Batman said he was going for Rachel and he arrives and saves Dent
    Spoiler:
    Yup.. he did that on purpose just so whatever happened, Batman was fucked. You can see him pause when he opens the door and sees Harvey thinking "FUCK NOOOO"

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by b_t
    Spoiler:
    Yup.. he did that on purpose just so whatever happened, Batman was fucked. You can see him pause when he opens the door and sees Harvey thinking "FUCK NOOOO"
    shit, you guys have seen this enough times to notice these things, i need to see it again and have this IMAX experience, probably have to go at least an hour and a half early to get the good seats? i'm assuming just slightly above the middle (at eauclair)

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Saw this movie last night in IMAX, It was pretty good and heath played the joker great, but im still sticking to jack nicholson for the best joker.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Originally posted by n1zm0

shit, you guys have seen this enough times to notice these things, i need to see it again and have this IMAX experience, probably have to go at least an hour and a half early to get the good seats? i'm assuming just slightly above the middle (at eauclair)
    I got in line for the Imax show at 9:00 for the 10:30 showing. So 90 minutes seems about right.

Trust me, it's worth it. The scenes shot on the Imax film are just huge and amazingly detailed.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by MikeAg
    I could never see heath ledger as the joker at all!
    If he didn't pass away do you think he would have been to acknowledged as much as he is being now?
    Yes. I couldn't have cared less about Heath before, I never saw any of his movies. Wasn't a fan of his at all.

He did a great job as Joker, one of the best performances I've seen, I never thought once about the actor under the makeup while watching the movie.

Originally posted by 240SX92

I'm not going to say these are better, because I have to see Batman maybe 2 or 3 more times to judge it as top 10 all time quality as it's been stated; yes Dark Knight was fucking awesome, but I could name a couple movies that rival it or are better.

No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, The Departed, Children of Men.

I thought the first two were pretty good but nowhere close to great for me. I loved the Departed but I still think The Dark Knight blew it away. I thought Children of Men was absolute garbage

I didn't follow this whole thread of arguing but did anybody mention Metacritic? IMO it is far superior to rotten tomatoes. And IMDB ratings shouldn't even be considered.

My Ride
    A hard-top, with a decent engine.

Originally posted by Hakkola
    I never thought once about the actor under the makeup while watching the movie.
    Proves that his performance was oscar worthy...

Just saw the movie for the first time last night and I wanted to sleep on my thoughts.

Here it goes:

-Best Batman there will ever be.
    -Top 5 movies in the past 20 years IMO.
    -Not a single scene was wasted
    -Should have had a different/proper "last scene" for the Joker.
    -The first time he laughed on the video camera = amazing.
    -Since I'm pretty sure 99% of beyond has seen the movie, what will happen to Harvey? I think he will be in the 3rd one,

and why in the name of cars did they have to ruin that beauty of a Lambo
    S13

pointe finale mon esti.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast