Quantcast
Canon 40D vs. Nikon D300 - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Canon 40D vs. Nikon D300

My Ride
    Highlander

You asked to compare Nikon and Canon and you expected any different? You might as well have called for a film vs digital opinion 4 years ago, it would have been the same pissing match

My Ride
    Red Cars

Never did I ask to compare the 2 brands. I mentioned the 2 different brands/models because I said those were my 2 top choices. . The subject title may have been misleading but if you really read the question I asked what you like about each one. I didn't really need the extra side comments. Comments like, "Try them out for yourself", "Only you can choose", etc. etc. don't really help me much. I was looking for things like "I like Nikon's viewfinder size". That helped me because I didn't realize Canon and Nikon's viewfinders are a different shape. Now when I go try them out at the store I know that that's the sort of difference I should be noticing. It's just that simple.

If people couldn't answer my question properly it would've been best not to waste my time with frivolous comments. Not singling anyone out. I don't really care anymore but I just wanted people to know I was very disppaointed with how unhelpful some people were here. I guess that's what you get asking a question on an forum of elitists.

But hey, at least you guys are passionate about photography. I'll give you that!
    I AM...

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by REdOX
    But hey, at least you guys are passionate about photography. I'll give you that!
    You don't know the half of it!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I guess that's what you get asking a question on an forum of elitists.
    Considering that this is a car forum, would you expect anything different?

If you asked this on a photography forum, it would be 20 pages long already.

My Ride
    Red Cars

lol
    I AM...

My Ride
    Highlander

I just wanted people to know I was very disppaointed with how unhelpful some people were here. I guess that's what you get asking a question on an forum of elitists.

Because we told you that only you can pick your camera because they are SO different from one another, we're elitists? Where does that logic come from? We're giving you our experience when picking our first cameras because as you made sure to mention in your first post, this is your first dslr. And our first experiences taught us just how much there is out there to pick from. At your level and our level, there is no difference in quality, just slight little bits that you might like better than someone else. Most of us will not have directly compared the two cameras simply because they are from two manufacturers. That's why I was only able to give you my 40D experience, I have no clue what the differences are between my camera and a 300.

As for the Nikon vs. Canon debate that has spurred, you might notice more of it once you join team Canon or team Nikon and spend much time in the presence of people who have had their systems for a while. It's not just us that argue like this, it's the industry. If you think we're elitists, you're going to find the whole photo taking world to be a scarry place. As Bernard said, if you had asked this on a photo forum, it would be pages upon pages long by now.

My Ride
    Red Cars

Originally posted by Melinda

Most of us will not have directly compared the two cameras simply because they are from two manufacturers. That's why I was only able to give you my 40D experience, I have no clue what the differences are between my camera and a 300.
    again, if you read my first post and my second last post. I didn't want a direct comparison (yes, I admit the subject title was misleading) but i wanted an opinion of someone that uses a Nikon as to what they like about it. And I wanted an opinon of someone that uses a Canon and what they like about it. Is this so difficult? Well, scrap that question. From what I saw it is difficult because it seems that some people can't read. But that's OK now because I'm going to get a Leica rangefinder hahah j/k
    I AM...

My Ride
    1988 Toyota Corolla All-Trac Wagon

You leave Leica out of this, I like my M2, thanks. =P
    keegan
    - 1988 Toyota Corolla All-Trac Wagon

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by kvanderlaag
    Needs a Russian viewfinder, though.

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

again, if you read my first post and my second last post. I didn't want a direct comparison (yes, I admit the subject title was misleading) but i wanted an opinion of someone that uses a Nikon as to what they like about it. And I wanted an opinon of someone that uses a Canon and what they like about it. Is this so difficult? Well, scrap that question. From what I saw it is difficult because it seems that some people can't read. But that's OK now because I'm going to get a Leica rangefinder hahah j/k
    like you said on your first post, the D300 is not OUT yet so people cant really say what they like about it while the 40D is out for a few months now so right now, you cant really compare the 2 except on the reviews on the paper and on the net.

if you want to know how people like the D300 ask this question again next year. then maybe you'll get the answer that you are looking for. coz right now its just impossible.

My Ride
    Red Cars

Originally posted by kvanderlaag
    I want the M8..
    I AM...

My Ride
    1988 Toyota Corolla All-Trac Wagon

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Needs a Russian viewfinder, though.
    That's what my Zorki 6 and FED 5b are for!

Re: "D300 isn't out yet" though, I already shared my opinion, so there.
    keegan
    - 1988 Toyota Corolla All-Trac Wagon

My Ride
    1992 Nissan 240sx

Like they've all been saying.
    You can't compare the two just yet, except on the net and paper.

I own a 40D (second one actually, first one had a front focusing issue) and i'm very happy with it.
    AF is super quick and accurate, and the IQ is great.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4