Quantcast
Iran eyes enriching Uraniam abroad to alleviate US "fears" - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran eyes enriching Uraniam abroad to alleviate US "fears"

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Iran eyes enriching Uranium abroad to alleviate US "fears"

Last edited by Toma; 11-19-2007 at 10:14 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Not that they SHOULD have to take this route, its IMO their right to do whatever they want within their country, but it demonstrates their willingness to avoid war (unlike the American's who seem to want war at any cost).

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 02:33 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Perhaps..... but none the less.... interesting move. I wonder if they will pursue it further, and am curious as to the rogue Yankees' response to it....

My Ride
    You Crazy

The IAEA reported that Iran had installed 2952 centrifuges, the machines that do the enriching. The 3000 figure is said to be a "red line" by some observers, after which it would be easy for Iran to enrich enough uranium to make a bomb within a year or so.

However, the enrichment plant at Natanz is under IAEA inspection and it would be impossible for Iran to do this secretly. If it did so publicly, it would have leave or defy the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and expose itself to potentially serious consequences.
    Soooo, Iran allows its sovereignty to be squashed, by allowing this IAEA supervision, and the IAEA itself has stated that
    However, the enrichment plant at Natanz is under IAEA inspection and it would be impossible for Iran to do this (make a bomb) secretly.

Yeah.... great reason to go to war.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 02:30 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Nice try, but ............
    Ahh.... so this "secret" intelligence" gathering is more credible then the IAEA , a US created, UN body composed of international scientists, politicians and monitors?

Russia has also come out and said it has no, and has seen no credible evidence Iran is making or trying to make nukes....

But that aside, that does not diminish Irans RIGHT to do what it pleases internally, and Israels hypocritic air strike against Syria.

Either the world should be nuke free, or should STFU.... or at the very least, the mid east should be nuke free and then someone can try and say something....

Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

Now combine that with a regime that has repeatedly made openly hostile remarks about western nations and you have more than enough reasonable cause for alarm.
    I'm more concerned about a certain regime that invades other countries without declaring war than a regime that makes hostile remarks against nations that treat it like shit.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Nice try, but Iran is a lot closer to having the bomb than even the west is willing to admit. You remember the Israeli strike on a "mystery" Syrian site a couple of months ago. Syria waited to dismantle the site before making the announcement... hmmm. If Syria can aspire to a plutonium reactor, then Iran, which is flush with oil revenue is presumably much farther ahead. Iran is presumed to have a fully functioning reactor hidden away for years.
    Unless Israeli intelligence fucked up, won't they have bombed Iran long ago if they have nuclear capability or close to it?

Canada is enriching uranium to build two nuclear plants in the Athabasca Oil Sands to provide the massive energy needs for the oil sands development. The US should bomb us.

Iran genuinely needs the energy from Nuclear power more than they need nuclear bombs. It's just more fear mongering hype from the western media.

Contrary to popular belief, Iranians do NOT want war with the west. They have had enough war and experienced the horrors of war through. their 8 Year War with Iraq. Maybe if the current generation of Canadian and US civilians experienced the horrors of war first hand, we would be a little more careful with our saber rattling

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Xtrema

Unless Israeli intelligence fucked up, won't they have bombed Iran long ago if they have nuclear capability or close to it?
    That seems to have been their policy in the past. Anything that was a threat to Israel gets bombed.

Funny how Israel didn't really bomb Iraq all that much before the recent war. Haha, maybe it was because they didn't have WMDs...

As well you should be... nobody is making excuses for the U.S. Read my post, I gave an example of how the US themselves provided the Shah with a working reactor in 1967. But to say that Iran is good because the U.S. is bad? That's pretty illogical, one doesn't negate the other.
    It's not so much that Iran is good, more the fact that we've been living with the US having nukes for decades and they are far more likely to start nuking people. So why the panic over Iran?

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by BigMass
    Canada is enriching uranium to build two nuclear plants in the Athabasca Oil Sands to provide the massive energy needs for the oil sands development. The US should bomb us.
    We're not a percieved enemy of the U.S.

I don't care for the comment of "They can do what they want in their own country." Remember WW2? If they want to cause problems, fuck them up.
    The U.S has built an empire, and we depend on it. Iran with nukes is not good news for anybody but Iran, so why allow it?

Originally posted by Antonito

So why the panic over Iran?
    Are you kidding me?
    Because they are a threat to the west, the U.S is not. If you were taking advantage of other peoples resources, would you want them to have the means to fight back?

Come back to the real world. This is not some place where everybody can live together in peace and harmony.

I'm not saying that the U.S and their foreign policy is good for the world, or even right, but it is good for us.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 11-19-2007 at 11:54 AM.

I understand your point, but there is about as much evidence to support Iran building nuclear bombs as their was for Iraq having WMDs.

And you’re correct about defending the U Empire. However the debate remains whether or not the world wants this empire to exist in the first place.

In all of history, those empires which are built on fear and military might are the ones that crash and die off the quickest. Is it better for the US to survive off the fear of others, or would it be better to become friends with other nations, compromise and work together? I’m not some idealist hippy, but even strategically and selfishly, it is sometimes more advantageous to actually be “friendly” instead of acting like a bully.

If nations actually acted in the best interests of it’s people we would be a lot further ahead. However when the US acts in the interest of its Industrial Military Complex, power and greed, we will never see peace. The citizens of the US gain nothing from what is currently happening. The elites become more rich and more powerful. That’s it.

Originally posted by Hakkola

Are you kidding me?
    Because they are a threat to the west, the U.S is not. If you were taking advantage of other peoples resources, would you want them to have the means to fight back?

Come back to the real world. This is not some place where everybody can live together in peace and harmony.

I'm not saying that the U.S and their foreign policy is good for the world, or even right, but it is good for us.
    Let me put this another way: America is a threat to everybody but the west, and has been for decades, but even they have not used nukes.....since the first time.

And I just don't see a lot of threat of nuclear strikes since pretty much anyone with a 3rd grade education knows that a nuclear strike against a super power is pretty much the end. The middle East at least would be a sheet of glass within hours. The leaders of Iran might like to use suicide bombers, but I doubt they are all commited enough to get themselves and everyone they love wiped off the face of the earth.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by BigMass

And you’re correct about defending the U Empire. However the debate remains whether or not the world wants this empire to exist in the first place.

I don't think that is what the thread is about, but debate all you want, it exists and we benefit from it. I'm sure the west wants this empire to exist, and we are part of the west, that is all that matters.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast