Quantcast
I need to learn Photoshop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: I need to learn Photoshop

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Default I need to learn Photoshop

I'm an absolute moron when it comes to Photoshop. I've owned it for years, but all I use it for is the odd half assed layer and content aware fill. I use Lightroom and silver efex pro for everything.

I know there's lot of tutorial video's out there, but my one catch is I don't have much time these days.

I don't mind the idea of a course, but I'm guessing they'll all be quite slow paced and include a lot of stuff I don't need to know.

Anyone have any specific recomendations?

I know you said you don't have time for videos but IMO that's still the fastest way to learn, way faster than an actual course.

Photoshop does so much more than most people need, so there is no need to learn it all. Search for the things you want to be able to do, learn those, and that will be a good start. That's what I do, anyways, and I can avoid anything I don't think I need to know.

IMO understanding masking & layers is probably 80-90% of what most photogs need to know, so that's where I would start.

My Ride
    rally pig

have to agree with Mitsu, learning everything on photoshop is really overwhelming.
    You're better off watching some tutorials on youtube that shows exactly what you need to learn, then practice it on some of your works.
    If you like to read, you can also buy old photoshop books for photographers. (CS2-4)
    Havent bought some in a while but I usually look for those on sale like around 20-30$.
    They make nice reading materials in the washroom

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I would say that 90% of photoshop users only use 10% of the capabilities of photoshop (myself included) Like mitsu said, there's a video out there for every feature on photoshop, and every different type of photo you might be trying to accomplish.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Yea the videos are amazing. Up until a couple weeks ago I didn't know anything other than changing the contrast and brightness. The videos have me actually using more features, haven't used layers yet but hopefully by next week

photoshop is a great tool. i've been using it since PS6 and still learning new things every time i use it.

Probably the best thing i ever learned was how to use mask's properly as they are amazing to use when used right and its very easy to fix mistakes with a mask then the eraser tool.