Quantcast
1997 GMC Safari VS. Ford Probe GT - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1997 GMC Safari VS. Ford Probe GT

My Ride
    1984 Toyota Pickup

Talking 1997 GMC Safari VS. Ford Probe GT

Saturday night after i finished work around 1230-1 am. i was drivin on Glenmore goin east, then me and my friend stopped at a red light (in the GMC van AWD) then this probe gt pulled up next to us. So i reved my engine for shits, and to c what he would do, then the driver was like "haha ur in a van, i should tell ur mom" then he started reven his engine. So my van bein AWD, i can't really burn out or anything, we took of when the light turned green, and i took him soo bad off the line, but there was all these curves in the road, i took him for a while but eventually had to slow down to take the corners. Then behind us comes another probe, and was driftin about the curves and was following the original probe like 2 feet, it was fun.

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

The Ford Probe got OWNED!!!!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

you owe me 30 seconds of my life back
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    1984 Toyota Pickup

My Ride
    Chevy S-10

Default Re: 1997 GMC Safari VS. Ford Probe GT

Originally posted by evaneizer
    Saturday night after i finished work around 1230-1 am. i was drivin on Glenmore goin east, then me and my friend stopped at a red light (in the GMC van AWD) then this probe gt pulled up next to us. So i reved my engine for shits, and to c what he would do, then the driver was like "haha ur in a van, i should tell ur mom" then he started reven his engine. So my van bein AWD, i can't really burn out or anything, we took of when the light turned green, and i took him soo bad off the line, but there was all these curves in the road, i took him for a while but eventually had to slow down to take the corners. Then behind us comes another probe, and was driftin about the curves and was following the original probe like 2 feet, it was fun.
    Yea I was in the car with him, when the probe drifted he came pretty close to loosing it!

haha that was so funny, the guy makes fun of us then he gets owned by a van lol! hahaha

Ohh, and just incase anyone's wondering, the van's not a V8, its a 4.3 V6

Steve

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Default Re: Re: 1997 GMC Safari VS. Ford Probe GT

Originally posted by Si1ent_A5sa5sin

..the van's not a V8, its a 4.3 V6..

Steve

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

ha.. that's funny cause i'm rolling in my dad's old astro ext... man that thing is a beast!!
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

hey, I beat a Probe in my Caravan last week, It wasen't a GT but , I had 4 passengers and I still beat him,

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

arent those Probes FWD??

and those 4.3L are BEASTS....too bad all they put out is 150HP.

I didn't know that FWD cars could drift? If anyone knows how this amazing feat was accomplished by this Probe please let me know. I'm not saying that you could not have beat him or anything, because there are alot of factors that could have gone wrong for the Probe. Maybey he didn't know how to drive ... but I'm still calling on your story. If your gonna make up something, at least do a little research or something so that it is somewhat believable.
    Last edited by PGTze; 09-09-2003 at 01:10 PM.

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

well, PGTze....he wasnt makin it up.....Silent Assasin was riding in it...so if you dont believe...then maybe your probe should race evaneizers van then see who would get owned........

CelicaST-162:
    Originally posted by PGTze
    I'm not saying that you could not have beat him
    I guess I should have clarified a little more... evaneizer said the probe was "driftin about the curves"... now I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I take that to mean that he saw the probe drifting... probes are FWD... which means they CANNOT DRIFT... so unless this probe was a RWD conversion or something, then I don't think he saw it drifting.

And my dad has actually already smoked me in our Windstar, he beat me by like 3 carlengths ... but that was when I had just learned how to drive standard two days before.

My Ride
    11 sec weather van

wow
    Ford tuning guy...

I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.
    Georges Duhamel

joke of the day:
    Originally posted by Danger_Mouse
    There is a replacement for displacement. It's called technology.

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

there was two probes involved....the one that drifted im not sure if youve ever seen it it has the "Silent Rage" on the windshield and a tachcometer decal on the side, and it was blue....the one evaneizer raced was red and had an unpainted body kit.........by the way the guy in the probe did drift it was a tight corner....and he prolly took it fast or e-brake....and ive drifted in my car too......so FWD cars CAN drift....

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

^^

ok...were u in the car with the guy in the van? i wouldnt even admit to knowing the guy with such a dumb post like this one

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

ryder23, before you say its a dumb post....were you there...no, i thought so, so dont go saying its a dumb post, cuz u werent there to see what happened.....

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

u were racing in a van.....

Originally posted by CelicaST-162
    there was two probes involved....the one that drifted im not sure if youve ever seen it it has the "Silent Rage" on the windshield and a tachcometer decal on the side, and it was blue....the one evaneizer raced was red and had an unpainted body kit.........by the way the guy in the probe did drift it was a tight corner....and he prolly took it fast or e-brake....and ive drifted in my car too......so FWD cars CAN drift....
    I've seen the blue one around a couple times before, if he's on here maybey he can teach me how to drift with a FWD car, hahaha. Or better yet maybey you could teach me how to do it!

This thread =

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

hahaha sure sounds good, its pretty easy tho, its kinda hard to explain, but u gotta know your cars limit.....and find an empty parking lot, or a big alley way and when theres curve...start turning your steering wheel..(driving kinda fast) and yank your e-brake....(HAHA, I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU FUCK UP YOUR CAR, SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK...)

Originally posted by CelicaST-162
    hahaha sure sounds good, its pretty easy tho, its kinda hard to explain, but u gotta know your cars limit.....and find an empty parking lot, or a big alley way and when theres curve...start turning your steering wheel..(driving kinda fast) and yank your e-brake....(HAHA, I AM NOT LIABLE IF YOU FUCK UP YOUR CAR, SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK...)
    I was being sarcastic man.

Is that not just pulling an ebrake anyways?

And yeah you will fuck up your car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast