Quantcast
Yet another ... what car next thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another ... what car next thread

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Default Yet another ... what car next thread

Hey guys, finally sold the M3. Was a fun car but need 4 doors now.

I have a budget but am more after overall value than a dollar amount. Here's the long list of what's on the radar right now. I've also got a 2010 RX350 to compliment. This will be my daily driver year round. The car has to be auto. Can go new or used.

335i
    335d
    M3 sedan
    IS-F
    IS350
    c63
    FX35
    New body A4

Anything else you'd consider or scratch from the list? I know the FX doesn't really fit but i really liked it when we test drove and bought the RX350.

I will not get an older model car that is going to be updated within the next year or two (E class Mercs, A6s). Also I'm not going to mod the hell out of the car but with some left over money I will drop some change for a set of rims etc.

Finally if any one knows of an upcoming sale on any of these that isn't posted yet let me know. I'm not in a huge hurry but i have cash in hand.

Thanks for all your opinions.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

335d!

has enough torque to shred tires and the handling and fit and finish of the car is among the best.

Where's the old Maxboost?

weird choice in list. Some of those cars aren't even close in class to others.
    Out of that list, I'd go with the C63 or IS-F.

My Ride
    92' Nissan 180SX

Originally posted by wardpr68
    335d!

has enough torque to shred tires and the handling and fit and finish of the car is among the best.
    +1

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

ISF, Lexus of Calgary has a used blue one on their lot right now low km with Technology package

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by buh_buh

Yeah I know but like I said Im' not after the most car I can afford more the best for the buck.

Here's what attracts me to each ...

335i - Top choice for a while, love the perf. and potential to "black" it out. Also can buy them used which will save me some bucks.
    335d - Like the fuel economy win and her the torque is insane (almost too much), issue is I'll have to buy new of course.
    M3 sedan - Wouldn't go new but heard last year they were blowing out '08s. If I could find that sort of deal somewhere I'd be all over it.
    IS-F - Never driven one but love Lexus service, quality and reliability.
    IS350 - See above and I get a ton of money. Would probably mod it a bit (read: wheels, but haven't found any that I'm in love with that really fit the car to black it out)
    c63 - Hear the perf is insane but again, soooo pricey.
    FX35 - Responsible guy in me is saying to go with this. I really liked it but not sure if I want 2 SUVs and for the money I could probably have the 335d.
    New body A4 - Outside choice, cheap new and have some wicked black-out possibilities.
    Autosignature

C63

/thread.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by shadowz
    ISF, Lexus of Calgary has a used blue one on their lot right now low km with Technology package
    You don't say ... I'll look it up, know the asking price?
    Autosignature

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    C63

/thread.
    Know if they are willing to deal on price or am I paying sticker? I'm assuming finding one used is impossible.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by pinoyhero

Know if they are willing to deal on price or am I paying sticker? I'm assuming finding one used is impossible.
    From what I hear from a guy who has one on order it's full sticker on that car.

Out of your list I'd pick: 335i + Dinan reflash = 335d tq and more fun. Buy it new add Msport pack and they have free automatic promo now as well as low lease/finance rate. Or wait for the 2010s and snag a leftover 09.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

You don't say ... I'll look it up, know the asking price?
    Last time I looked I believe it was 63k with 8900km

Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by Aleks

From what I hear from a guy who has one on order it's full sticker on that car.

Out of your list I'd pick: 335i + Dinan reflash = 335d tq and more fun. Buy it new add Msport pack and they have free automatic promo now as well as low lease/finance rate. Or wait for the 2010s and snag a leftover 09.
    Yeah might do that, not sure how long I want to wait though. Not sure if i'd reflash or not.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by shadowz

Last time I looked I believe it was 63k with 8900km
    Hmm, seems high, they are like $65,000 new ... Redlyne?
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Originally posted by buh_buh

Right here. Going to post this question in the Madante's question thread. For a guy who has the answers to most questions, he can't even decide what car he wants. But you are OG and I am just a Bully without the banstick so I'll just chill out and help you out.

Simply put, if you want a low cost maintenance car, get a BMW because it covers 4 years, 80,000kms. I was just at a BMW meet and was drooling over all of them, 335's, M3's, etc. AWD/RWD/Turbo/NA, they all have their pro's and con's so you decide for yourself since this isn't your first year of driving.

C63? $1000 off and that's a deal ok buddy. It's Mercedes, there are no deals. You want a deal, go to BMW. Maintenace bills blow. Service staff blows. First service on my SLK was $300 and all I got out of it was an oil change. Second service is coming up and the dealer basically said at least $600, whatever that means. My buddy just bought an 06 Red SLK55 and got an oil and all the fluids changed plus some other shit and he paid $2K. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but that seems high. Who the hell wants to pay $2K for service? This isn't a Ferrari?

IS-F. Again, $1000 off is your deal but Lexus offers amazing service (so everyone tells me). I'm presuming maintenance would be cheaper than Benz but I don't know for sure.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Hmm, seems high, they are like $65,000 new ... Redlyne?
    The car is a tech package so fully loaded, just over $72000 new. Our preowned department just reduced the price to $61K and that includes an extra set of wheels with winter tires.

As for maintenance on the ISF, it's the same as your RX JC. $100 or so for an oil change, $300 for oil change and diff fluid flush. Only higher costs involved with the ISF is a brake job and tires when the time comes.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 06-02-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    a fun 4 cylinder

yeah that ultra sonic blue looks good. a little bit lower price than new. besides how many of them do you see on the road.

they are a nice fun car to drive. in a strait line and in the corners.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

BTW, with prime at 2.25%, any car you buy, just throw it on the LOC. Honestly I prefer to lease though, drive it hard and give it back, someone hits you, don't have to worry about depreciation/resale you know? And with BMW, free maintenance and AFAIK, they are the only ones with low lease rates and high residuals. That's why everyone drives a BMW right?
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Hmm never thought of a lease but maybe that's the way to go, thanks Max. I've never leased before seemed like a rip off but maybe ill reconsider.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by max_boost
    BTW, with prime at 2.25%, any car you buy, just throw it on the LOC. Honestly I prefer to lease though, drive it hard and give it back, someone hits you, don't have to worry about depreciation/resale you know? And with BMW, free maintenance and AFAIK, they are the only ones with low lease rates and high residuals. That's why everyone drives a BMW right?
    I think they've started to drop their residuals now because they don't want the vehicles back. I priced out an x5 the other day and the residual was quite low.
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 06-02-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Hmm never thought of a lease but maybe that's the way to go, thanks Max. I've never leased before seemed like a rip off but maybe ill reconsider.
    If you really sit down and work the numbers a lease is not that different than financing. You lose about the same amount of $ on each.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast