Quantcast
Anybody got WIND Mobile yet? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Anybody got WIND Mobile yet?

Any updates wind users?

I am a po'd fido/Rogers user, tired of $100+ cell bills. Tired of the constant phone calls, have we got a deal for you. If you don't answer, they will phone you over 20 times a day. Then I ask, what's so urgent?
    ----------------------------------

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Still happy with my plan. Dropped down to the $20 chat plan because I use my phone so rarely, and it's great if you just want to use a phone as a phone. They've also recently reduced the data plan costs if you want data. Coverage is always improving, but there are still some dead areas in the extreme outer reaches of Calgary
    Geek

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

^vega wtf is the $20 chat plan???

There's a $35 unlimited everything (CA long distance anytime, data, VM, CID, international text, MMS, BIS if you get BB). You have to call in to get it. It's called Irresistable 35. Should be the same as "unstoppable 45" you see on the site.

This plan is regional though... so if you wanna move to Vancouver you'll need a new plan.

I think the best part is that you can go to Vancouver/Edmonton/Toronto/... and not be roaming.

I only have a few dead spots deep in basements... I'm perfectly satisfied with everything else. Nexus One gingerbread ftw.

Rumour is Nexus S for $500 not tabbed (so 350 with) sometime in the next 2 months.
    Last edited by jwslam; 03-23-2011 at 02:02 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

wow... okay, I guess I'm paying $15+$5 for vm a month now. Epic win
    Geek

Service gets better and better.
    I used to have to switch my phone to remain in 3G Wind Home zones without dropping out to their away zones. Now, no need to. My dropped calls are rare. But I do get a few in known dead zones. Ones that I know of in the NW are:
    Shaganappi Tr N towards Country Hills, down the steep hill.
    Around 64th Ave NW around Nose Hill Park in a small dip on John Laurie.

I use the 'build our network' area on their website to complain about areas I wasn't happy with and they seem to listen. Don't have issues where I used to have issues. Like in my basement of my house, etc.

Try it out... if you don't like it, return it.

Another complaint, is lack of phones. Some T-Mobile unlocked phones work with it. Just verify the bandwidth.

Thanks jwslam, I now have an even cheaper unlimited plan plus unlimited calling to US.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Originally posted by gamman
    Any updates wind users?

I am a po'd fido/Rogers user, tired of $100+ cell bills. Tired of the constant phone calls, have we got a deal for you. If you don't answer, they will phone you over 20 times a day. Then I ask, what's so urgent?
    WIND bites the big one. I signed up with them around Christmas and cancelled after 3 days. I work in an office building and I was literally not getting reception above the 12th floor in WIND's network, my phone would set itself to WIND away which is basically piggybacking on Rogers and costs a fortune.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by ringmaster

WIND bites the big one. I signed up with them around Christmas and cancelled after 3 days. I work in an office building and I was literally not getting reception above the 12th floor in WIND's network, my phone would set itself to WIND away which is basically piggybacking on Rogers and costs a fortune.
    I'm pretty sure when you're on Wind Away in a Wind Zone you can't even use the phone anyways... They locked it out even though it says you have signal.

yes the phone selection is crappy... but there's also a $100 port in credit ($20 over 5 months)
    on the $45 unstoppable plan that's only 25/month for trying it out + cost of phone purchase.

Set the phone so it stays in 3G mode, problem solved. I'll admit, I lose reception in the elevators. But I'm well over the 12th floor and have signal.
    I don't walk around the office talking on my personal cell anyway so its not an issue. The few personal calls I take on my cell at work, I'm usually by my window anyway. Err, I mean sitting on my couch in my corner office with lots of windows (since this is beyond we're talking here).

It used to drop calls in my parkade which was 1 floor below ground. That's stopped happening as of late. They are ever improving and I can notice the improvements. Can't say the same for Rogers or Telus.

My Ride
    4x4

Mines set so I have to manually choose wind away... Just call customer service, avoids those annoying away roaming fees. But doesn't restrict you from being able use it if needed.

Still having monthly headaches with billing; ended up on the irresistable 35 this month. The call center drives me crazy... Full of former bell employees, and it shows...

Meanwhile on my wifes phone, not a single problem?? Maybe they just dont like me...

If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't even know that the Irresistible 35 Plan was valid for Calgary too. Awesome!

I was on the Holiday Miracle $40 Plan for a few months, but now I get to save $5 more! I love Wind. No problems with them here. I got to speak with a live person within seconds after navigating the voice menu, and the switchover only took all of 10 minutes since I first dialed 611.

It's crazy how the Unlimited data plan was $35 alone just a year ago, now I get unlimited data plus all other unlimited calling features for the same price.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I would look into this. Except I signed a contract with Telus to get my girlfriend a $600 phone on a 3 year plan and a few months later she got mugged so now I pay for nothing every month. Otherwise I would have switched.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Mar
    I would look into this. Except I signed a contract with Telus to get my girlfriend a $600 phone on a 3 year plan and a few months later she got mugged so now I pay for nothing every month. Otherwise I would have switched.
    You'd probably still be saving money if you cut your telus plan down to the cheapest possible and open a new line with wind.

Supposedly they have some refurb phones for sale these next 3 days.

Details:
    Huawei U1250 Lightly Loved will be for $9
    Huawei U8100 Lightly Loved will be for $49
    HTC Maple Lightly Loved will be for $79
    Nokia 5230 will be for $39
    Alcatel Tribe will be for $69
    Samsung Gravity 2 will be for $29

- All lightly loved phones will be final sale, no exceptions.
    - Only available with an activation.
    - Can be activated on any plan except for $15 Chat
    - Lightly Loved devices only carry a 90 warranty on the device only.
    - Limit 2 per customer.
    - Customers can still receive the port in credit.
    I've heard good things about the Alcatel and the U8100...

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by jwslam
    You'd probably still be saving money if you cut your telus plan down to the cheapest possible and open a new line with wind.
    HTC or nothing. Once they get some decent phones I'll look into it for sure.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    E46

Originally posted by SportEL
    If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't even know that the Irresistible 35 Plan was valid for Calgary too. Awesome!
    Is that plan still available? I only see the $45/month one, which is still good but, $35 would be better

Anyways, how'd everyone's reception.
    One and only thing holding me back.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Little Dragon
    Is that plan still available? I only see the $45/month one, which is still good but, $35 would be better
    Originally posted by jwslam
    There's a $35 unlimited everything (CA long distance anytime, data, VM, CID, international text, MMS, BIS if you get BB). You have to call in to get it. It's called Irresistable 35. Should be the same as "unstoppable 45" you see on the site.

This plan is regional though... so if you wanna move to Vancouver you'll need a new plan.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6