Quantcast
Anyone Else Having Trouble Selling Their Car? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Having Trouble Selling Their Car?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by QuasarCav

You could maybe get the asking price for your cars if it was 1999. I suggest returning them to stock or as close as possible and relisting them for a price that would actually make someone think twice. Odd colors and mods detract from the sale.

It's all about price!
    Well, I agree the RX7 is a little "fast and the furious", but the Z is almost 100% stock looking. I would not consider yellow "odd" for a sports car, nor white.

As far as the pricing goes - the RX7 is cheaper than any similar car for sale right now.... and for months, for that matter. The Z is indeed slightly higher than some others, but for that kind of horsepower, I know *somebody* will eventually realize it is worth it.

My Ride
    05 MK4 Jetta GLI

Someone wanted to buy my car but at the same time he tried selling his truck so it's kind of a no win situation waiting for him

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Type_B
    Someone wanted to buy my car but at the same time he tried selling his truck so it's kind of a no win situation waiting for him
    That situation rarely ever works out...

My Ride
    changes every year

ive had my bike for sale for a few weeks. no one has come to see it, but ive had about 20 offers, none of which i obviously took, but 3 of which i actually agreed on the price....those guys are nowhere to be found.

wtf? i dont need to get rid of it so im not settling for a lowball price but man, it sucks.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

well, most people in calgary are overpriced for most everything, and with our bubble at breaking point / broken, people don't have the free cash to buy your overpriced junk.

and it is not just cars, it is damn near everything. homes, cars, food, bills, ect, no one has much extra cash flow to be tossing around.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

I gave up selling my car when I found out a dealership sold the same car, more KM's, less extra for more money than I was asking.
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    G35>Range Rover>

I just want my car gone!! I dont need to sell but my toys no longer fit in the trunk.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Lower the price. If it doesn't sell in a week. Lower it again. Rinse and repeat. I know it sucks but it works. lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Just sell it to insurance, take it to a field, torch it, call it in stolen, problem solved
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    CBR 929

Lots of "I will buy your car for XXXXX dollars, but I will not have the money until September" and "will you trade for a quad?".

[url]

My Ride
    4x4

Perhaps dumb question - Anyone tried using one of these consignment places? We want to move the Pontiac PDQ - debating going that route or just taking it over to regal...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by AndyL
    Perhaps dumb question - Anyone tried using one of these consignment places? We want to move the Pontiac PDQ - debating going that route or just taking it over to regal...
    I can't see how adding a middle man would be better than lowering the price.

Do these places attract different demographic than the internet?

The fact is disposable income is coming down. Cost of credit is going up. A lot of people lost quite a bit of equity in the RE adjustment in the last few years. And people that did well over last few years won't be looking at used cars unless it's super rare or super special (I was eyeing Max_Boost's SLK55 but ultimately decided on a new S4). Private sale of used cars won't be that easy. My last car was let go at top price of CBB + $500 (but it's to a friend so very little hassle and I don't mind).
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-22-2010 at 09:26 AM.

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

I nearly went the consignment route when I tried selling my R1 during the winter (which of course is a bad time to sell a bike). The problem was that we couldn't agree on a price that gave them the markup they needed. I held on and sold it privately.

The main advantage was that they could offer financing to prospective buyers.

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by spikers
    well, most people in calgary are overpriced for most everything, and with our bubble at breaking point / broken, people don't have the free cash to buy your overpriced junk.

and it is not just cars, it is damn near everything. homes, cars, food, bills, ect, no one has much extra cash flow to be tossing around.
    correct, Calgary is a stupid expensive city and cars are ridiculously overpriced. Blame it on people paying too much for cars and dealers charging it too much. Also add on an oil boom from 2004 to 2007, strong demand from a limited amount of cars available, and you'll understand why cars cost so much in Calgary.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Lower the price. If it doesn't sell in a week. Lower it again. Rinse and repeat. I know it sucks but it works. lol
    Truth. Keep dropping the price. Over and over again. Sell for usually $2k below market cost and you'll sell it. It's still better than trading into a dealer in most cases. Also mods, don't add to a vehicle's value at all, normally it actually drops the value of a car. Make it stock, sell aftermarket parts for OBO on kijiji and beyond's marketplace.
    DROP YOUR PRICE
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

I have been trying to sell the same car for 6 months and its cheaper than cars with more kms and less options.

Its impossible to get people to come and look, they would rather send you an email, offer you 2k less than you're asking and then when you counter offer they fuck off.

Or if you accept an offer they're gone.

It's almost like they're just testing you. Pretty annoying

Last edited by kaput; 04-02-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    I have been trying to sell the same car for 6 months and its cheaper than cars with more kms and less options.

Its impossible to get people to come and look, they would rather send you an email, offer you 2k less than you're asking and then when you counter offer they fuck off.

Or if you accept an offer they're gone.

It's almost like they're just testing you. Pretty annoying
    Atleast you didn't have people trying to give you fake bank drafts/money orders, or a (probably) NSF cheque

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Ya you just have to get rid of the emotional attachment like I know it's worth X price so I'll wait for the right buyer etc. I tried that, it doesn't work. Fact is, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. and if you price it well, someone will take it.

Like 911fever said, it'll still be better than trading it in. Trading in is the ultimate low ball. I've never felt so violated before when I found out how much the dealer was offering me

I listed my 06 SLK55 with <40,000kms for $43K. It was 100% stock +19" HRE wheels. I had 1 offer for $40K and I took it. I was sad to see it go but it was better than the $30K Lone Star was offering me and the evil thing is, they will turn around and sell it for $50K.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by max_boost
    I listed my 06 SLK55 with &lt;40,000kms for $43K. It was 100% stock +19&quot; HRE wheels. I had 1 offer for $40K and I took it. I was sad to see it go but it was better than the $30K Lone Star was offering me and the evil thing is, they will turn around and sell it for $50K.
    $30 is really low balling. It worth at least $40 on CBB.

My Ride
    05 Forester X

someone offered me a ps3 for my car = )
    LOL

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast