Quantcast
Any online cigar buyers here? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Any online cigar buyers here?

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by ercchry
    package was never even opened at the boarder!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    DAMN! Thats a fine setup. How is it holding humi so far?

I also see you shop at Tobacco Outlet...
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

yeah, those guys are cool. um, just got the humidor on monday. put the cigars in today. it seems to be holding... but i have a 5 point difference between the top and bottom. not sure if thats normal with it being so tall with the humidifier at the bottom? or if its still adjusting

My Ride
    Indian Scout

yeah, those guys are cool. um, just got the humidor on monday. put the cigars in today. it seems to be holding... but i have a 5 point difference between the top and bottom. not sure if thats normal with it being so tall with the humidifier at the bottom? or if its still adjusting
    There's always a difference in humidity from top to bottom on tall stack boxes. I keep two humidifiers at opposite ends of both boxes and two digital hygrometers in each as well to ensure accurate readings.

If you don't want to run out and get a second humidifier, just take a small dish or sauce sized tupperware, fill it half-way with distilled water and place it on the top rack. That'll even you put until you get your hands on another proper humidifier.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i do have a few basic humidifiers. but i was worried that it would be too much, since the oasis XL can handle up to 300 sticks i believe?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

so grabbed one of the large foam humidifiers and added some propylene glycol. stuck it under the top of the humidor and im now reading 70 up top and at the bottom. going to move the digital hygrometer to the middle tonight and see what thats at

My Ride
    Car

How much does elevation of the humidor itself effect things? I've had mine conditioned for a few weeks, added my cigars last week, and it shot up to around 77-80% and I couldn't get it down at all, but the humi was on top of a bookshelf. I took it down yesterday and left it on the coffee table cause I was too lazy to put it back, and now it's sitting at a comfy 70%. Wtf mate.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

the cigars will hold moisture. perhaps they were too high?

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by woodywoodford
    How much does elevation of the humidor itself effect things? I've had mine conditioned for a few weeks, added my cigars last week, and it shot up to around 77-80% and I couldn't get it down at all, but the humi was on top of a bookshelf. I took it down yesterday and left it on the coffee table cause I was too lazy to put it back, and now it's sitting at a comfy 70%. Wtf mate.
    Once you condition the humidor, the cedar lining can not absorb extra humidity, which is exactly the purpose of conditioning the box in order to prevent it from drawing moisture out from your prized cigars.

It is normal for the humidity level to increase by a margin once you add the sticks because a small portion of the moisture contained within them is released into the humidor's controlled micro-climate and increases the relative humidity since it has nowhere else.

The position within your home should have little effect even if you move it between different floors. The best way to stabilize it is to open the door for about 5 seconds to allow some of the humidity to escape, then close it again and see where it stabilizes. You'll notice it drop up to 15% then increase steadily to a point lower than it originally was. If it is still too high, repeat.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

I don't get many opportunities to smoke since getting married. Any interest in a cigar meet? I've got some prime sticks just begging for a puff.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Isaiah
    I don't get many opportunities to smoke since getting married. Any interest in a cigar meet? I've got some prime sticks just begging for a puff.
    how would this work? new bylaws you cant even smoke in a park anymore

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Either someone's house or outside.

My Ride
    Hatred

Someone's garage if mine wasn't so filthy I'd do it. I even have a fridge in mine.
    -U

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

someone's garage with perhaps some poker would be good... but my garage is beyond a mess... cant even get a motorcycle in it

My Ride
    Hatred

I could probably get mine cleaned up within the month. I haven't had a cigar in ages..
    -U

My Ride
    Car

how would this work? new bylaws you cant even smoke in a park anymore
    There's also a couple smoking lounges, one at Epicure on 8th ave and another at International outside of Holt. I don't know if you can pay a drop in fee though, membership is like $1500

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

There's also a couple smoking lounges, one at Epicure on 8th ave and another at International outside of Holt. I don't know if you can pay a drop in fee though, membership is like $1500
    Epicure is members only, $1500 up front, lump sum. Their selection of pipe tobacco is good, but their humidor is really narrow and uncomftorable
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    Car

So I'm looking to add another box to my humi, anybody have any suggestions? I'm loving the Hemingway classics, and would like to keep the box at that same price point, roughly $220ish shipped from cigarplace. No cubans either, tobacco beatles would love my apartment.

My Ride
    06 WRX

So I'm looking to add another box to my humi, anybody have any suggestions? I'm loving the Hemingway classics, and would like to keep the box at that same price point, roughly $220ish shipped from cigarplace. No cubans either, tobacco beatles would love my apartment.
    In that price range the Oliva Serie V is right at the top of my list. Others I'd consider would be the Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 and smaller vitola Padron 1964s in that range.

The Alec Bradley Black Market and Flor de las Antillas have been on my wish list for a while and are right around the right price.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Hey Guys, this is an awesome deal for someone getting started out.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/...6506/catid/300
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    G

Does anyone know a site that sells Behike BHK 52 by singles that might be cheaper than local? I didn't see any on cigar place and local seems to be around the 60$ mark

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast