Quantcast
Shaw is pissing me off. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw is pissing me off.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

AFAIK they all have their problems lol Telus sent me bills for a year after I left them and then finally one day they figured it all out and the next bill was 0.

Shaw outages use to enrage me but haven't happened in awhile and just as I say this I bet ownage will be coming soon.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:33 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

How is Nucleus? Just as fast as Shaw?

I mostly stream Netflix and play COD or GTAV so I can't have a slow connection.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by rage2

That's hard to believe. We deal with a bunch of accounts at work, and we had a 6 month stretch where all of the accounts were in arrears because the credit card changed and nobody updated it. None of the employees were disconnected.
    Huh. Ours was suspended after three months because of the same issue (CC# changed). They said they phoned three times that morning... Dunno who they phoned but it wasn't us.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by FraserB

I'm curious about this too, it looks like they have Fiber as well, wonder if that's available to residential locations.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Originally posted by duaner

I tried this a week ago but, apparently, because we have our home phone with them as well and we get the bundle discount, the cost of the phone doubles when cable is cancelled. So to keep basic cable, combined with a $15 discount the guy gave me for 12 months, and keeping the Timeshift package ($5), it is only $5 more than if we were to drop cable completely. So I kept basic.

But the thing that gets me is that I was paying $25 for some extra packages, including sports for $10, which gave me TSN and SN. Now, I find that at some point since I initially got cable, they changed their packages and TSN and SN are included with basic cable! Of course they are not going to say anything because they're getting me for an extra $10 a month, and only they know how long that's been going on.

Scammers.
    I had the same shit happen to me but with internet. I was paying like $50/month for a high speed that was equivalent to their High Speed 10 package. At some point the packages and price points changed where the High Speed 25 level package was now worth $50. They wont call to tell you that you are over paying for an older/out dated package and they will not upgrade your service arbitrarily to the bonus of the new packages. It is consumer beware with them. They even told me to continue to keep checking their website monthly for package changes that could benefit me. I would dump them in a heart beat if I didn't hate Telus even more
    Last edited by BMDUBS; 09-12-2014 at 08:25 PM.

My Ride
    is broken

Originally posted by FraserB

Just an FYI that Nucleus Cable comes from the Shaw network. They just lease the bandwith. TekSavvy is the same.

IMO the price differences are marginal but the customer service may be better.

In the end there is only 2 networks. Shaw Cable or Telus DSL.

My Ride
    oooo

^^^ so if I have a fibre connection from Telus, Nucleus can utilize that?

My telus connection was amazing but the service was so terrible (they double billed me 6 months straight that required a 30 minute phone call every month) I switched to shaw.

Would love to go back to fibre but do not want to deal with Telus.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

My neighborhood has way too many shaw users. In the evening the speeds drop to under 2 Mbps and I should have 25 Mpbs.

Shaws answer is they are aware of the issue... And are working to fix it.

Switching to telus as soon as my promo period is over

Shaw doesn't cut you off until ur like 2-3 months behind.
    And I think thanks to some legislation called CASL they can't even leave a voicemail... The message has to be left with a person I think ? I haven't read up on it...

Also gotta remember they also bill one month in advance... Which is probably what got sent to collections lol. But everyone does this shit including cell phone companies.

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

I know it's not what you're mad about but

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Sounds like internal collections - not an agency. (They can look up his info)

UP to 100 Mbps.

Up to 70% off.

Up to 50% savings.

In other words, up to nothing.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by snowcat
    Sounds like internal collections - not an agency. (They can look up his info)
    This is who called me. It's an independent agency.
    https://www.cca.ca/en/consumerinfo.html

However, its all cleared up now. Turns out one of the shaw reps that handled the cancelling of my original account mixed things up.

It's all good now though. I'm in the clear.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by sillysod
    ^^^ so if I have a fibre connection from Telus, Nucleus can utilize that?

My telus connection was amazing but the service was so terrible (they double billed me 6 months straight that required a 30 minute phone call every month) I switched to shaw.

Would love to go back to fibre but do not want to deal with Telus.
    I had that happen as well, almost a year of double billing once I upgraded my internet. They added the new internet, and had the old package on there as well. They said it was a software glitch as they upgraded the system, and told me to just pay what it should be, and calculated the cost. Month after month the bill was wrong and outstanding balance kept getting higher and higher, and I called in no more than 3 times asking wtf and if they ever were going to fix it, and they said they will, but nothing was ever done. They said the account was flagged and it won't go to collection and is a known issue...then one day, got a call from Telus saying my services were going to get suspended as I have a big backlog. Called them again, pretty much said that this is bullshit and has been going on for almost a year, fix it or I leave. Finally had someone who gave a crap forward my request to the manager and the next day the issue was all fixed and my account resolved, and better yet, they gave me double the credits for some stuff.....since then I haven't talked to them for the fear that they will notice the credits (extra $30 in stb credits...on top of already free stbs..)....but I haven't had a need to. The service itself has been solid and billing is all resolved, so no reason to call them. I think it's like this with many companies, I had so many nightmares with Rogers billing back in the day, it wasn't even funny. Shaw had problems too with their STB purchase/rental. I think most companies have billing issues, it's too bad they don't have someone dedicated to the cause, or some algorithm that tells them that hey, this guys bill is fucked up and doesn't match the pattern...look into it before sending it out.

You cannot blame the company.

If you have an old account you should take the responsibility to ask what the outstanding balance is and then provide an updated mailing address for the old account, so if there is anything outstanding they send the final invoice to your new address.

No company, including Shaw, would send you to collections without some effort to contact you (letter via mail or phone call). Also, the amount owing is irrelevant, if it's too long past due it's eligible for collections.

EBLEND: I really doubt you were ever double billed. You're telling me you never noticed for a whole year that you were paying double the cost of internet? (which averages from $50-$80/mo with most companies in Canada). That's your own fault. You think they audit each and every account? I work for a company whose customers are also monthly subscribers, why the fuck would we waste time going through millions of accounts? If your bill is wrong, call to dispute before paying, that goes with any company. Don't wait 1 year and then expect any sort of compensation (if they admitted to it being their error, yes they should compensate but you cannot expect it, as you didn't notice the error and decided to pay DOUBLE the cost, willingly).

Yellosnow: You think TELUS doesn't have saturation? Please. I used to work for them, their internet is actually crap because their TV's run off the internet. And they charge for over usage. I got charged $100 bucks one month and they said it was my fault & that I shouldn't watch TV & use internet at the same time. Fuck Telus.

PS: That was an additional $100 on top of my regular service.

Originally posted by no.warning

If you have an old account you should take the responsibility to ask what the outstanding balance is and then provide an updated mailing address for the old account, so if there is anything outstanding they send the final invoice to your new address.

No company, including Shaw, would send you to collections without some effort to contact you (letter via mail or phone call). Also, the amount owing is irrelevant, if it's too long past due it's eligible for collections.

EBLEND: I really doubt you were ever double billed. You're telling me you never noticed for a whole year that you were paying double the cost of internet? (which averages from $50-$80/mo with most companies in Canada). That's your own fault. You think they audit each and every account? I work for a company whose customers are also monthly subscribers, why the fuck would we waste time going through millions of accounts? If your bill is wrong, call to dispute before paying, that goes with any company. Don't wait 1 year and then expect any sort of compensation (if they admitted to it being their error, yes they should compensate but you cannot expect it, as you didn't notice the error and decided to pay DOUBLE the cost, willingly).

Yellosnow: You think TELUS doesn't have saturation? Please. I used to work for them, their internet is actually crap because their TV's run off the internet. And they charge for over usage. I got charged $100 bucks one month and they said it was my fault & that I shouldn't watch TV & use internet at the same time. Fuck Telus.
    Clearly you didn't even read or understand what eblend wrote..

I just called Shaw last month to pay the remaining amount on one of my shaw boxes. They said yeah no problem we'll charge the remaining amount owing out to your credit card when the next payment is due and call you to confirm. Guess what? Never got a call and the amount owing on the boxes isn't paid out yet and they sent me another bill. Lol, what a fucking pain in the ass.

Originally posted by no.warning

Piss off.

My dick is also a weapon of mass destruction.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast