Quantcast
Lyons Motor 290mph supercar at the New York Auto Show - Arash 2.0 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Lyons Motor 290mph supercar at the New York Auto Show - Arash 2.0

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Lyons Motor 290mph supercar at the New York Auto Show - Arash 2.0

I was assigned to write about this car at the New York auto show, and truth be told, I was pretty pissed off that I was assigned to write about this bullshit car. kenny even had to lie and say it had an AMG engine to entice me to read up on it and prep for the unveil. Then, a funny thing happened as we learned about this car, and as the hours ticked towards the scheduled press conference, all 3 of us got more and more curious about this supercar. 290mph top speed, 0-60 in 2.2 seconds, 1700hp. Sounds pretty awesome. Or potentially, hilarious.

For hours, we walked every single square inch of the Javits Center looking for this thing, nothing. It was nowhere to be found. We couldn't even find a booth or an area where it was supposed to be. We talked to security guards, booth employees, nobody had a clue where this mysterious Lyons Motors booth was. We gave up, packed our shit, flew home.

Then, out of nowhere, benyl finds an article today on R&T that found the LMC LM2 Streamliner Concept on the show floor. A few days late, but the car actually made it to the show. Well sorta... it's built with styrofoam.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Arash, seriously, you gotta unveil your car in NY next year. I promise I'll write it.

Read more over at R&T:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...r-at-new-york/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Arash has competition! Lyons Motor Car LM2 Streamliner

When in New York last week, we were really looking forward to seeing this in person. They were a no show for their scheduled press conference on Thursday. Information suggested that the car simply wasn't ready for prime time and didn't meet the expectations of the CEO and COO.

I guess it showed up on Monday. It's basically a big Styrofoam block that was carved into the shape of a car.

1700 hp and 22 mpg. yeah... right...

pics and info over at Road and Track

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...r-at-new-york/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Hilarious goes to show how we all ended up wanting to write about this car so much by the end of the trip haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Damn Good write-up! Wish I was still there to check it out. Cos, you better drop by the show!
    ---