Quantcast
Who else hates Purolator? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Who else hates Purolator?

My Ride
    C350 4matic

Default Who else hates Purolator?

So i had a DJ booked from Denamrk. I send him his airline ticket through Purolator rush (which takes 3 days) 7 business days in advance. Then i find out that my DJ never got his ticket, so he had to buy one for 1300, instead of the 500 i bought for him.

So i call Purolator for an explanation. 5 DIFFERENT excuses/stories later, they tell me they're not liable because they said their carrier went to the address i gave them and someone said he didn't live there....which is absolutely impossible, since i have legal documents saying that that's his home address amd my DJ assured me he had been at home for most of the week waiting for the ticket.

So because of this "story", i'm out about 1700 bucks and they refuse to give it to me in claims. The package was not delayed by customs or any sort of act of God, so why do i not get my claim?

Anyone know of any purolator policies that justify this crap?

i fucking HATE purolator. EVERY single invoice i get is WRONG, and they dont know the meaning of the word COLLECT, i get charged everytime. They dont care, they're a bunch of MORONS.

Purolator and their idiodic policies can kiss my pasty ass. Use Loomis

My Ride
    C350 4matic

Ya, one of the many excuses was that they couldn't read my info on the packing slip, but i got it back yesterday and EVERYTHING was perfectly readable. Shit, there was even another slip that they wrote out with all the info i put down, so obviously there was nothing wrong with it.

Originally posted by little_wan
    ...they couldn't read my info on the packing slip...
    thats because most of them CANT read... theyre all IDIOTS!!!

My Ride
    C350 4matic

I concur.
    The people i talked to over the phone are extremely rude too.

Originally posted by little_wan
    I concur.
    The people i talked to over the phone are extremely rude too.
    they expect you to thank them for even answering the phone!!

you should talk to accounting...

LOL @ Purolator

Our Dell Computer was shipped through Purolator and we got all these excuses, then it finally came over a month late!

A long long way back, I used to work in the NE sorting depot. They had people who are supposed to scan the codes on the parcels (so you can track the location of your parcel), but most of them don't get scannned because we were short-staffed or the scanners didn't work.

Almost everything there was absolute boolsheet.

Last words when I got pissed off and walked out:

Receptionist: "Are you okay? What is wrong?"

Me: "This whole fucking place."
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

I once worked for the airline that Purolator uses.I went on a tour of their offices and sorting building in Toronto. After that, I would NEVER use Purolator. The sorting building was ancient and the employees all looked like ex-cons.

We used to have a nightly tele-conference . Some of their supervisors were incredibly rude. If we even had a short delay,they would scream and swear and call the airline crap etc. ,
    even though we had no control over the problem.Totally unprofessional.They often caused the delay,but would never admit it. I hung up on them more than once.

While I was on my visit,they lost a whole trailer that was bound for Thunder Bay.Their trailers have GPS on them . They found the trailer..parked in their own yard.

We also flew for Fedex. They were totally cool,very professional,even when things went bad.
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

i never deal with purolator at work.. we refuse to ship with them and so does our clients.. when you're printing out 10s of thousands of season tickets for all the major sports team in north america, shit can't get fucked up by couriers..

Fedex, UPS, Canada Post.. all great companies.. Fedex is the best I've dealt with.. UPS is alright, their National Accounts Rep is a fucking idiot, but at least if you scream at him enough he'll do it right. Canada Post has people changing departments every fucking month. it's like a game of duck hunt when it comes to trying to find someone to take some responsibility in lower management at CP, go for the head honchos and they'll do it right the first time.

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

I can vouch that Purolator is fucking gay. I had a package mailed to me from Japan and they never delivered it. I had to call their office and go to pick it up myself after figuring out that they fucked up.
    Also whenever my gf's mother mails her things from Japan, she gets ridiculously high invoices like fucking $200.

Fucking eh, now this thread has me all worked up...

you guys should try loomis - now a part of DHL... they will take over!

i aired my V600 to florida last month for $30 CDN/OVERNIGHT, with NO extra charges... came back to me the same way, for the same price. When they/I do make a mistake, they literally go out of their way to help fix it. A shipper of mine once sent some VERY heavy items AIR to BC, i got a bill for $800... one call, explained to them what had happened, they reversed the charges and charged the ground rate of $80... VERY professional.

Puro, on the other hand, NEVER gets collect account numbers right and always sends it as if it was prepaid... and their policy is that if you get a collect bill, you can refuse it and have the shipper pay... but then the shipper cannot refuse it, they MAKE you pay it! Hence why I closed my puro account and REFUSE any collect charges from puro PERIOD. they are arrogant on the phone, and very rude. Fuck them, ill use DHL.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

howcome you needed to send them airline tickets through the mail? When my parents buy me tickets to go visit them, they send me an email with a confirmation number on it and my itinerary. Then all I do is go to that airline that my flight is booked, show them the confirmation number and show them proper identification and I'm on! No need to send tickets in the mail that can be lost....you should look into it.

My Ride
    C350 4matic

Uually there are E-tickets available, but since it wasn't a chartered flight or something. I don't know exactly why, all i know is the travel agent said that they couldn't do an E-ticket for that flight

My Ride
    Highlander

We use loomis for work deliveries and NEVER have had a problem in like 4 years that we've been using them..I recommend them!