Quantcast
Incomplete Speeding Ticket? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Incomplete Speeding Ticket?

Default Incomplete Speeding Ticket?

I got nabbed in a speed trap yesterday and one of the officers (not the guy operating the radar) told me I was doing 71 in a 50 zone. But on the actual ticket, it doesn't mention this. The only things written are, "Speed in municipal zone", the relevant section of the DMV act and the amount of the fine ($196).

This may be a silly question but, shouldn't the ticket at least indicate the speed they say I was travelling at?

Of course, I plan to dispute it and was just curious if this would be grounds to have the ticket thrown out.

Thanks all,
    BullitBoy

I don't know about B.C., but in Alberta, it would not necessarily be a quashable error. It often would be withdrawn by the Crown anyways, just to cut down on the caseload.

The speed you were doing does not constitute part of the offense; the offense is 'speeding in a municipal zone' - period. The specified fine option is dependent upon the actual speed over, however the charge does not require notation on the face for this to proceed; The speed would have to be entered into evidence at trial though.

Hope this answers your question. You should seek some BC specific advice though, for a definitive answer.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    TSX

i'm pretty sure that the relevant section of the DMV act that the officer wrote on your ticket is what tells what speed you were going. if you look in the DMV act, it will states between x and x speeds you were travelling above the speed limit.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

I thought Vancouver didn't really do the photoradar/speeding thing. I speed constantly through Vancouver and surrounding areas and have never gotten stopped..as fast as i'm going usually tons of people are still passing me

Does anyone know if the clocked speed is recorded somewhere else since it's not on the ticket?

I was hoping that if they couldn't provide this number, I might have a case. (They claim I was speeding yet they don't know by how much.)

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Shouldn't the officer keep a record in a book or something of this information?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Speak to your local crown prosecutor's office and ask them the procedure for getting disclosure on the ticket. The officer's notes contained will likely have all the information you require on it.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

when I got nailed there a few yrs ago, it was a warning, but it still had the clocked speed and the speed limit.

id definately check that out.