Quantcast
help !! im quitting today - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: help !! im quitting today

My Ride
    This and that.

To whom this may concern

I "name" hereby give my two weeks notice. My last day would be "date".
    Thanks

Thats all I wrote when I quit from CO-OP!

Originally posted by mrburnsvw
    As far as I know they have to produce your last cheque within a certain amount of time.
    Indeed they do.
    "Employee Initiates Termination

The length of notice an employee is required to give also depends on the duration of employment and should be in writing. The minimum notice requirements that employees are required to provide are:

one week – for employment of more than three months, but less than two years
    two weeks – for employment of two years or more.
    If an employee gives proper notice, the employer must pay all earnings to the employee within three days following termination of employment.

If an employee quits without proper notice all wages, overtime, holiday and vacation pay is due to the employee within 10 days after the date on which the notice would have expired if it had been given."

http://www3.gov.ab.ca/hre/employment...ermination.asp

which means they have a week and a bit AFTER his original notice date to annoy him before they have to pay.
    Last edited by abyss; 04-21-2005 at 01:16 PM.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by abyss

Indeed they do.
    "Employee Initiates Termination

The length of notice an employee is required to give also depends on the duration of employment and should be in writing. The minimum notice requirements that employees are required to provide are:

one week – for employment of more than three months, but less than two years
    two weeks – for employment of two years or more.
    If an employee gives proper notice, the employer must pay all earnings to the employee within three days following termination of employment.

If an employee quits without proper notice all wages, overtime, holiday and vacation pay is due to the employee within 10 days after the date on which the notice would have expired if it had been given."

http://www3.gov.ab.ca/hre/employment...ermination.asp

which means they have a week and a bit AFTER his original notice date to annoy him before they have to pay.
    3 days isn't bad

now HTN SWCHS, tell them you want vacation time
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

awesome stuff thanks

Let us know which plan you plan to follow and how it works out for you

this thread helps me too...i never really knew what you were suppose to write on a resignation note or letter

thanks fellow beyond members

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

one of my friends told me if you really hate your management or boss, u can request an exit interview wit whoever the head honcho is and tell them whatever u think was wrong b4 u tell them that your quitting...

My Ride
    Impreza RS

Whats the big deal, when I quit canadian tire I just wrote my resignation on the back of a receipt "This is my 2 week notice. aug xx will be my last day"
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

another suggestion, just do what i did when i worked at the wholesale club.

make your time availability for when they don't need you, one shift a week with minimum hours (for me it was a 4 hour shift thursday mornings).

they just stopped putting me on the schedule until i eventually put in my 2 weeks, i i didn't have a shift there for about 3 months and i still got full medical coverage until i finally quit
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

i did it, sent it in the exact way abyss wrote it (thanks) manager wont speak to me now because were already shortstaffed and im fucking them at the wrong time, some of the apprentices are pissed because they gotta cover my 12-9 shifts until they find someone to work in service. BUT IM HAPPY

im the fifth that quit this month

btw abyss: ricks in the hospital i gave it to mike which will give it to seauna which will give it to camille (who totally wants my body ) which will give it to rick

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

i actually wanted a one day a week thing so i can steal shop supplies

My Ride
    TSX

so what's so bad about working at crappy tire? and what's the pay? i'm in need of a job soon haha

Giving notice is not necessary. It's a courtesy.

If you don't care about your employer or the reference they may represent, then just leave. They still are required to pay anything they owe you.
    Last edited by Z_Fan; 04-21-2005 at 05:18 PM.

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

it wasnt bad at all fun atmosphere, just not enough money during this slow season, when i went on commision i got 23.50 per unit, four new tires install and balance were 0.514 units, tire repairs were 0.320 units, oil changes were 0.126, four used tires were 1.120, then our boss (who takes home 2m a year) decides were being paid too much. now its 10.50 per unit and 4 tires are 1.100, oil changes 0.400, tire repairs 0.600 and 4 used tires are 1.600

go ahead send your application were hiring like nuts

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
    i did it, sent it in the exact way abyss wrote it (thanks) manager wont speak to me now because were already shortstaffed and im fucking them at the wrong time, some of the apprentices are pissed because they gotta cover my 12-9 shifts until they find someone to work in service. BUT IM HAPPY

im the fifth that quit this month

btw abyss: ricks in the hospital i gave it to mike which will give it to seauna which will give it to camille (who totally wants my body ) which will give it to rick
    oh my god, Camille is running the show? yikes. She did corp training with me back in the day, she was alright, but I've heard some pretty nasty horror stories about her. Canadian Tire...ESPECIALLY 419 has ALWAYS been short staffed, don't feel that bad. LOL @ her wanting you though

*edit* oops - Abyss

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

You can say:

To whom it may concern:

Due to unforseen circumstance, it is with my deepest regret to inform you that I won't be able to work for you starting from <insert date>. My work experience in this <insert department name> department at <insert store> have been nothing but positive and spectacular. I learn a lot about critical thinking and pressure/time managment. As I learn more and more from the real world environment. it has comes to my attention that I will need a new challenge. Therefore I am excerising my right by giving you my 2 weeks notice.

p.s. Unless meteroid hits the earth or sun rise up from the west, I don't think I will be working with you shortly again.

sincerely

<insert your name>

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Originally posted by shakalaka
    To whom this may concern

I have suffered extreme wrist pain recently due to what could be considered 'extreme overuse of the joint' and unfortunately must find a new job somewhere that requires less work and zero internet filtering or monitoring.

Sincerely, shakalaka
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

Hahahhaha nice iceburns
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Its getting old iceburns.......

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

another problem, friday is my last day, but i reeally gotta ditch out thursday and friday, what do i do? they still pay me rite?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast