Quantcast
going houseboating in shuswap - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: going houseboating in shuswap

My Ride
    Lexus RX400h

Default going houseboating in shuswap

i will be going houseboating for the first time the first week of Sept and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of things to do while i'm there besides the obvious drinking and partying all day.

thanx

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

if you are on shuswap lake, look for the island - I can't remember what its called, its a loonnnng way from Sicamous though, its over by Sorento - and on the one side there are cliffs you can dive off, one 15 foot, one 30 foot, one 50 foot.. if you are on mara lake, in the narrow section, there is a rope swing hanging from a tree that you can use, there is one higher up too I think, but apparently the trees have died so this might be rather dangerous..
    just go around and ask the guys at the floating stores and stuff what there is to do and they usually know where everything is and what there is to do.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

^^I think they call it Copper Island, some pretty tall cliffs to jump off of. I would say go to the beaches, do some waterskiing and wakeboarding

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Shuswap is amazing, I have a cabin in sicamous right on Mara Lake. The island is not copper island, Copper Island is near sacramento. Actually that island is not really an island because one side of it is attached to land. It does not have a name but it is on the other side of Turtle Bay. Just keep following mara down untill you hit the narrow part with the beach on the left. You will see a bunch of boats/seadoos at a point there with a rope swing.

I would recommend going to the Sea-Store. Right around there is a nudy beach full of old grandma's but if your like me then you will fit right in .

Any other questions lemme know.
    Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

I’ve been going to the Shuswap every summer for years ‘n years…here are some cool ideas. By the way…lots of the info they gave you in the earlier posts isn’t quite true…

Copper Island…yes, it’s a REAL island (a big one with water all around it…and DEEP water)

And it's not near Sacramento..that's in California dude...it's kinda by Sorrento. It's right in front of Blind Bay on the Main Shuswap arm.

To get there from Sicamous- go through the ‘Narrows’ and down the main Shuswap arm.
    Look for Anglemont Marina on your right, keep going, the island is straight ahead. You can’t miss it...it’s huge!
    Wicked cliff jumping
    Scotch Creek is right beside it…good party beaches. Lots of liquor stores on the way too (with boat parking)!

On the way back, look for Eagle Bay on your map (Opposite Anglemont). On the far end of Eagle bay there’s a killer rope swing…it’ll be on your right. I was just on it the day before yesterday (Aug 21)…it was sooo much fun!

Check-out Anstey Arm….the University crowd usually tie a whole bunch of houseboats together and have a monster party…pretty cool.

The big thing is…stay on the Shuswap side, not the Mara lake side of Sicamous…and go as far as you can, as quick as you can (Shuswap lake has 1200 km of beach…mostly private, secluded and not accessible by car).

Remember…bring ½ the clothes you think you’ll need, twice the bathing suits and 3 times the booze…enjoy!

My Ride
    Lexus RX400h

Thanx for all the ideas guys , only 11 days left till i go and i can't wait its gonna be my only vacation this year and i'm gonna make the most of it. i just hope the weather will be good becuase i just checked the long range forcast and it said that it will be around 15 - 17 degrees only.

My Ride
    Lexus RX400h

only 2 days left and i'm all set and the weather looks good too sunny and a plus 21 degrees forcast

My Ride
    cars

Bring something to put your liver in after a week of drinking..

Neilson beach is where all the boats go at night to party around sikamouse(sp), it's super rowdey there.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    cars

boats had fricken BOUNCERS on them.. I couldn't believe it.. Neilson beach is the place to be that's for sure.

My Ride
    Audi

copper island is pretty much directly between scotch creek and sorrento ...

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

I take it this is your first houseboating trip... You'll be hooked for sure! There are a few rope swings as mentioned, and the cliffs up on Copper Island, although it takes all damn day to get there by houseboat! If you are looking for other things to do you may want to go white water rafting on Adams river... there's a company that does it and will pick you up from the anglemont marina area. There are also a few golf courses you can get to by boat if you're into that. Being September there wont be as many boats out as there is in July, but it should still be good. Neilson beach is the notorious party beach, worth spending a few nights at depending on how long you're going for. Marble point is good too. I was out there a few weeks ago and it was still nice. It's starting to cool down, and gets dark by about 9, but the lake is still warm and you'll still have a hot tub on your boat unless you're going with a ghetto company. Finally you'll want to bring at least twice as much liquor as you think you're going to need.... I can't stress this point enough... Seriously, go get more right now.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Make sure to close the back door of the HB when the generator is running. On the May long weekend some guys got CO poisoning from exhaust coming in.

Have fun and say hi to my sister at the Sea-Store (Lisa). She's at the till.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    Lexus RX400h

got back from the trip a couple of days ago and it was so relaxing. not so many boats out , neilson beach and horseshoe bay were dead so we just made our own party. the only boats that we seen were at albas falls and they were all full of families.
    good vacation all in all

Its generally going to be dead if you go during the first week of school.

My Ride
    Lariat

u have to water ski or wakeboard, or if not rent some seadoos for a good time
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

yeah right now it will be dead!

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

I know this has been brought up before in other threads... but what are some good houseboat companies to rent with in the shushwap... I would love to head out next summer with some friends.

My Ride
    Lexus RX400h

the companies with the nicest houseboats are Three Bouys and Twin Anchors

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

Twin anchors has pimp boats. I've never been on Three Bouys, so I can't say from experience, but they look alright (not as nice, but not bad). The only problem with them is that they don't let you go to the party beaches (neilson and marble point). We went with waterways this year. They have nice boats as well. Ours was kind of ghetto, but we checked out the higher end one we picked out for next year, and it's crazy. Watch out though, there are some POS boats out there... sum-r-fun, etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast