Quantcast
Instant noodles (freeze dried) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Instant noodles (freeze dried)

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Instant noodles (freeze dried)

What's the deal with this? Is it really that bad for you? Why? I'm just wondering, I hear so many bad things about it yet, I see so many Koreans (and Asians for that matter) eating this shit and they are litterally half the size of N. Americans. Anyway, I'm just wondering, is it fattening or what?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

No nutritional value.

I heard there was a student in Korea who ate Ramen for lunch and dinner, cause that was all he could afford. He died of malnutrition.

It is packed with MSG, salt, and bad carbs.

Koreans like it because of the salt... Kimchee is full of salt...

Werd.
    The msg is brutal.
    It's not as bad if you drain out the soup.

My Ride
    MTA

If you use half of the soup base you're cool. Just don't use the whole thing. And just don't eat it regularly. If you eat it everyday you'll die. Once in a while doesn't hurt. Koreans don't like it because of the salt, they like it because it's more convinient to make the kimchee instant noodles than to make fresh kimchee and chuck it in. Plus, the Korean brand noodles are pretty good and they have so many great flavors. More flavors than the japanese or chinese brands. I'm Chinese and prefer the Korean ones, the noodles are better quality as well.

My Ride
    a wrx.

nong shim bitches!

Originally posted by K271
    Plus, the Korean brand noodles are pretty good and they have so many great flavors. More flavors than the japanese or chinese brands. I'm Chinese and prefer the Korean ones, the noodles are better quality as well.
    I dont mind these every now and again. Which are the better Korean brands and where can I find them?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Go to Arirang on 10th ave. They should have what you are looking for.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

uggh, over 14 grams of fat per package, too. 2 of those are the same as a Big Mac

My Ride
    MTA

Shim Ramen and neoguri is the good stuff... I recommend getting the kimchi flavor

I dont know anything about them, so I cant help you there, but just because asians eat them and N. Americans dont as much, and asians are smaller, doesnt mean shit. Not being fat is only means your healthy in one way. There are plenty of people who are very trim and muscular, but could drop dead any second. Just because it wont make you fat doesnt mean it wont do other things to your body. It might even make you fat, but becuase they eat less of the other unhealthy foods than N. americans, they are still thinner.

The salt content in ichiban is INSANE...
    I had some for dinner tonight, put in only half a packet of seasoning and extra water and the damn stuff was still too salty...

The tuna sandwiches didn't help the situation either...
    Oh well its a "rainy eat fat shit" day

My Ride
    G35

mama noodle is good eating

My Ride
    1991 buick skylark with no paint

Originally posted by Ramdawg
    mama noodle is good eating

MAMA noodles rule!

I don't think the noodles are *bad* for you, but obviosuly you need to eat other things to be healthy. They are, after all, only noodles which are just a very cheap form of sugar (carbohydrates) that don't have many other vitamins, etc.

the reason everyone dissing MSG is cause it's a flavor enhancing chemical which is added to shitty food to make you enjoy it more (tricks your brain).

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

Originally posted by nambis

MAMA noodles rule!

I don't think the noodles are *bad* for you, but obviosuly you need to eat other things to be healthy. They are, after all, only noodles which are just a very cheap form of sugar (carbohydrates) that don't have many other vitamins, etc.

the reason everyone dissing MSG is cause it's a flavor enhancing chemical which is added to shitty food to make you enjoy it more (tricks your brain).
    FUCK i thought i was the only 1 who loved em :P i love the spice!

Originally posted by nambis

the reason everyone dissing MSG is cause it's a flavor enhancing chemical which is added to shiitty food to make you enjoy it more (tricks your brain).

http://www.downtoearth.org/dtenews27/msg.htm

http://www.hilary.com/features/msg.html

Yeah, the only thing wrong with MSG is that it makes the food taste good. And i dont think those sites even cover everything that is bad about MSG. For example, I've heard that it kills your taste buds. Use google and I'm sure that you can find even more problems with it. Next time make sure you actually have a friggin source for your information before misleading people to believe that something is ok when its not. Do you have any basis what so ever for what you said, or are you just pulling it out of your ass. 10-1 odds that you pulled it out of your ass. I hope you never become a doctor.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Carfanman

http://www.downtoearth.org/dtenews27/msg.htm

http://www.hilary.com/features/msg.html

Yeah, the only thing wrong with MSG is that it makes the food taste good. And i dont think those sites even cover everything that is bad about MSG. For example, I've heard that it kills your taste buds. Use google and I'm sure that you can find even more problems with it. Next time make sure you actually have a friggin source for your information before misleading people to believe that something is ok when its not. Do you have any basis what so ever for what you said, or are you just pulling it out of your ass. 10-1 odds that you pulled it out of your ass. I hope you never become a doctor.
    Whoa chill out man. The guy just said "msg is a flavour enhancer," he didn't advocate it as a healthy substance.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Kimchi noodle is overrated...you gotta try some of the instant noodle back in asia, they actually have vacuum sealed sliced juicy beef rather than some dried up beef and vegetable.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Whoa chill out man. The guy just said "msg is a flavour enhancer," he didn't advocate it as a healthy substance.
    But by saying there is nothing wrong with it, people wont see anything wrong with it, and then they'll eat it indiscrimanently (sp?).