Quantcast
Vinyl wrap my car - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl wrap my car

My Ride
    BMW X5

Originally posted by RecoilS14
    if it costs 5k to wrap the car, why not just get it re-painted?? the price cant be that much different unless your going over board. But i haven't priced out a respray in years, so i could be way off.
    I would assume he wanted it wrapped for the reasons above. So, when he wants to sell the car, take the wrap off and sell it at a premium.

I remember you said you wanted to buy a white one so repaint it white and keep it for a while. Resale only matters if you sell it.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by rage2

Darren would've been my first choice, since he's done a lot of work on my previous cars, but he doesn't do full wraps to the edge, which is required for the stealth or vinyl wraps.
    Just asked him and he said he does.

My Ride
    NC1

OK Thanks for all the info. I was uninformed so got curious about how the whole wrapping thing worked but I've decided to not do anything. Just going to leisurely drive the car and keep it as is, no type r hood or wing or anything of that nature. I did contemplate all that at one point but I would have just bought the white one from Vancouver that QPDO ended up getting (white, modded etc.)

With that said NSX is available if one of you enthusiast should be interested lol I'm itching for something faster that I can bomb around year round in. A used 911 Turbo maybe? lol but too bad Kulu sold the black 6 speed on his site but I'm sure he'll probably get more in later haha
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by max_boost
    OK Thanks for all the info. I was uninformed so got curious about how the whole wrapping thing worked but I've decided to not do anything. Just going to leisurely drive the car and keep it as is, no type r hood or wing or anything of that nature. I did contemplate all that at one point but I would have just bought the white one from Vancouver that QPDO ended up getting (white, modded etc.)

With that said NSX is available if one of you enthusiast should be interested lol I'm itching for something faster that I can bomb around year round in. A used 911 Turbo maybe? lol but too bad Kulu sold the black 6 speed on his site but I'm sure he'll probably get more in later haha
    pffft, get something more inspiring. Heck, pay me to build you something more inspiring.

200kish gets you this. 2000lb curb weigh, 900hp n/a on pump gas, 100k+ reliability w/ only oil changes

C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    M5 Competition

500HP, AWD & can seat 4 comfortably

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

^^ a little more expensive than a 70k NSX

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Jlude
    ^^ a little more expensive than a 70k NSX
    yep

I'm shocked Rage isn't rolling in one of these.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Wrapped in black.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 89coupe
    I'm shocked Rage isn't rolling in one of these.
    That car is way too flashy for me. I like to own cars that are actually fun to drive and throw into corners.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    NC1

Hey rage2,

SLK63 still coming? Hopefully they keep it the same price lol
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

That car is way too flashy for me. I like to own cars that are actually fun to drive and throw into corners.
    That was my first though when 89Coupe mentioned the Bentley, how much fun is it to drive? More of a status symbol.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Sounds pretty decent to me.

...and you can drive it year round.

Overall, the GT coupe is 65kg lighter than its predecessor thanks to reductions in all areas of the car from engine components through to new seats. With its power output raised by 15PS and torque by 50 Nm - to 575PS (567bhp/423kW) and 700Nm (516lb ft) – the result is a 6 percent improvement in the new GT’s power-to weight-ratio, making it capable of accelerating from zero to 60mph in just 4.4 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.6 seconds) with a top speed of 198mph (318km/h).

The increased power and torque are transmitted to the all-wheel drive system via an uprated six-speed Quickshift transmission, which halves shift times (to just 200 milliseconds). The revised gearbox also has the ability to deliver double downshifts (sixth to fourth gear, for example) and improves acceleration across the entire gear range. To cope with the additional power and torque, the planetary gear set of the six-speed ZF transmission is also strengthened.

Positive torque during downshifts is achieved through engine and gearbox electronic controller interaction for extra throttle and fuel injection during the overrun, replicating manual throttle ‘blips’ for precise rev matching . During transmission upshifts, fuel and ignition are cut momentarily to give faster mechanical shift times through torque reduction, also improving shift quality and durability.

“The W12’s extra power and torque and Quickshift transmission endow the new GT with instantly accessible supercar performance across the complete rev range. At the same time, Bentley’s pioneering use of FlexFuel technology underlines our ongoing environmental commitment.”

Brian Gush, Director, Chassis and Powertrain, Engineering

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE FOR OPTIMISED RIDE AND HANDLING

Both engines are coupled with a state-of-the-art, all-wheel drive system employing an advanced Torsen differential. This ensures safe yet dynamic sports car handling in all road conditions and all weathers.

In the new coupe, the power split has a 40:60 rear bias for a significantly more sporting feel in terms of handling and mid-corner acceleration. However, it can adjust instantaneously the power split between the front and rear wheels depending on the available grip. In addition, an uprated Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system provides additional security and grip whatever your driving style.

The new GT’s chassis delivers the optimum ride and handling balance. The wide front and rear track benefits agility and handling, while solid aluminium cast-forged, high-stiffness front suspension uprights and aluminium gravity die castings at the rear work in conjunction with a redesigned front anti-roll bar and retuned spring and damper settings. The result is improved response and stability at all speeds.

Continuous Damping Control (CDC) constantly monitors the car’s attitude and poise. By adjusting the suspension settings hundreds of times a second it can provide a remarkably supple ride at low speeds and increased control as speeds climb. It can also lower the car in ‘V-Max’ mode for enhanced stability at the highest speeds.

My Ride
    Bicycle

If Rage said R8 is boring, it's sure move VW line of product except Lambo and Porsche would be boring to him.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Holy

Has anyone seen 3M Stealth in matte white??

Also, wouldn't the matte white discolour after awhile?
    Bay Area Dreamin'
    Cruisin' in Cowtown
    10' IS F

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by 89coupe

500HP, AWD & can seat 4 comfortably

Now that car is pure sex! It's gonna be my year round car.

I clean it by washing and drying with a soft towel.

In most cases, it looks perfect. I have noticed that in direct light that there are some spots that are shinier (the area was cleaned using a wax spray) so I think I have to wax the entire car to get it consistent again. It only shows up in direct sunlight, so I'm not too worried.

For silver, you won't even notice it. My car's black, so the shinier spots are more noticable.
    If it is a matte wrap we have a product that works very well and is made for clear bras, it has a UV protectant in it to help protect against yellowing from the sun.

We have used it on black matte wraps and the results are excellent. Chemicla Guys Clear Seal

http://www.autoobsessed.com/shop/che...6oz-p-521.html

If it is matte paint on only recomend that Opaque line from Swissvax. Swissvax is the only manufacture that makes wax, cleaners, and Quick Detailers for Matte paints. http://www.autoobsessed.com/shop/swissvax-m-69.html
    Auto Obsessed™
    Auto Obsessed™ www.autoobsessed.com
    Facebook www.facebook.com/autoobsessed
    Twitter www.twitter.com/autoobsessed
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Huge selection of items, stocking over 1900 different products!
    Shipping within North America, Free shipping over $150 in Canada
    Edmonton and area shipping within two business days, $9 Edmonton/St. Albert/Sherwood Park and $11 Spruce Grove/Stony Plain/Beaumont/Leduc/Nisku/Ft. Sask. Calgary two business day shipping, $13

My Ride
    Rear Wheel Drive

Wait, I can do 3M matte white right?
    Hey I'm wrapping entire black S2000 (AP1) to matte White. I'm completing this project on my own time and effort.

3M substrate has no visible transmission to its adhesive surface; so it is not possible to see the original body color post application. I've done a few accesories and only the main body panels & bumpers remain. I'm extremely pleased with the results so far.

I advise to double/triple/quad wrap (areas more susceptible to small /med rock belts, highway bugs etc.) for added protection; front lip, bumper areas etc.

Btw, matte white is actually brighter than most white paints on the market. And I would also recommend if / when you find an installer / tech. Ask them how to ensure the wrap will not "leak" or start peeling" because if it is improperly wrapped (it will appear to be actually perfectly wrapped) The wrap will start to peel (dush, water intrained)
    Make sure the wrapping finish has decent edge seal and bleeding. (over wrap)

The 1080 substrate surface also works very well with decals and logos adhesives.
    Last edited by star-k; 01-31-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    <signature has not been setup>

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

it seems like repainting is just the better way to go.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I dunno where you guys are getting $5k quotes to repaint a car. Last time I had a car completely repainted, it was a $13k job. That wasn't even a color change.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast