Quantcast
2017 C43 Amg - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2017 C43 Amg

I actually like the new name, wish they skipped the 400 and 450 and just did 43 from the beginning. Oh well, at least they finally got there.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I wouldn't consider the 400 as an AMG in terms of driving experience. The C450 (and I'm assuming C43) is night and day difference in terms of handling. Power? The C450 was just as fast in a straight line as my GLA45 "real AMG".

Forgot to mention that the C43 gets the AMG version of electronic dampers, so the soft ride of the C450 in the stiffest mode should be all but gone.

End of the day, both the C450 and C43 deserves the AMG moniker. I just wish that half the brand snobs bitching about all this actually get in one and drive it. Just seems like those guys are bitching for the sake of bitching and never really gave the car a chance. I mean, look at the last gen E63 (W211). That thing did NOT handle like an AMG today should and it's a "real" AMG because only one dude manned the computer controlled wrenches to assemble the engine and slapped his name plaque on the fucker.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Ill give credit where credit is due, i think the new C coupes look pretty slick. I could live with a weistech or renntech tuned 4matic c43 for year round driving

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Nope. No like.

AMG styling not found.

C63 looked awesome.

This...this is crap.

Also not a fan of the iPad stapled to the dash. Properly integrate it into the dash and add some Mercedes drifting apps to it.

www.mercedes-amg.com/webspecial/games/drift_comp
    93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

E43 was released recently. Presser here:

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-9...=1457712964419

This is an interesting part:

The V6 biturbo engine boasts a high power output combined with low fuel consumption and emissions. The high power output of 295 kW (401 hp) is attributable, among other things, to new, larger turbochargers and the higher charge-air pressure of 1.1 bar. Installed close to the engine, the two turbochargers are especially spontaneous in their response.
    Since nobody made a turbo upgrade for this engine, Mercedes-AMG has stepped up and made a nice OEM replacement for everyone.

Wouldn't be surprised if the E43 gets tuned to 500+hp with the new turbos (the outgoing 400hp E550 V8 TT were ECU tuned to about 530hp).

C43 with turbo upgrades and tune, AWD... could be a damn nice Calgary DD.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Family Hauler

If you upgraded the turbos from AMG -> AMG though you would still void your warranty would you not?

Im thinking tuned C43 coupe for all year fun, snowboarding, hockey, golf, road trips, it could do it all!

Would miss the extra c63 power and RWD for maybe... 0-5% of all driving situations

Worth the sacrifice i'd say

Chipped C43 sedan would be better than anything else in the segment right now IMO. Looks like the sweet spot.

My Ride
    ute

You know all those people that bitch about the C coupe looking like an Accord?

They're right.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by riander5
    If you upgraded the turbos from AMG -> AMG though you would still void your warranty would you not?
    Yup. But with OEM parts that are installed on the exact same engine in the E43, I'd say reliability wouldn't be a concern. We'll have to see what they do with the E43 in terms of tuning and reliability to gauge how such a setup would work.
    Originally posted by riander5
    Would miss the extra c63 power and RWD for maybe... 0-5% of all driving situations
    I think that's the point I was trying to make with the potential turbo upgrades. You could conceivably have the same hp as a C63, and everyone in Canada has been asking for AWD anyways in the C63.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Buster
    You know all those people that bitch about the C coupe looking like an Accord?

They're right.
    I don't think the exterior of the C is very exciting but who cares when you can do and the interior is

The C450 or soon to be C43 will put the new S4 to shame I think. For around the same money, it's a no brainer.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by rage2

Yup. But with OEM parts that are installed on the exact same engine in the E43, I'd say reliability wouldn't be a concern. We'll have to see what they do with the E43 in terms of tuning and reliability to gauge how such a setup would work.

I think that's the point I was trying to make with the potential turbo upgrades. You could conceivably have the same hp as a C63, and everyone in Canada has been asking for AWD anyways in the C63.
    That would be excellent. I was considering a cla45 a year or two down the road, tuned to 400whp, but with the c43 coming out maybe ill have to upgrade.

Thats right, upgrade to the C class haha

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by lilmira
    The C450 or soon to be C43 will put the new S4 to shame I think. For around the same money, it's a no brainer.
    Just sat in the B9 A4 and C450 back to back. A4 seems bigger but C450 got the best interior of this gen between the 3 Germans.

Don't know if they are toying with me, the C450 on the floor has AMG performance seats which isn't available from the builder on the website. I could care less C43 next year, I want one now, lol.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

C43 is a real AMG.

C450 is a wannabe like the M235.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

MB Canada has some updates on the C43 AMG Coupe.

Dealer arrivals ETA : Oct 2016, model year 2017 (pretty sure I lost a bet on this somewhere...)

9G-Tronic Transmission

AMG Sport Exhaust Standard, AMG Performance Exhaust Optional

3 stage electronically controlled dampers

AMG Performance Seat (Recaro) Optional

Any news on the C43 AMG sedan?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by xrayvsn
    Any news on the C43 AMG sedan?
    i have a feeling MB wont say much until Aug. otherwise they will have a glut of 450 that wont move, just like the 400 before it.

Originally posted by Xtrema

i have a feeling MB wont say much until Aug. otherwise they will have a glut of 450 that wont move, just like the 400 before it.
    That totally makes sense. I am hoping the pricing stays close to the C450 and that we can get the AMG performance seats without having to get leather.

The C43 sedan makes a lot of sense for me, and I am willing to forego a manual vehicle for that interior since the C450 interior at the car show totally won me over.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by xrayvsn

That totally makes sense. I am hoping the pricing stays close to the C450 and that we can get the AMG performance seats without having to get leather.

The C43 sedan makes a lot of sense for me, and I am willing to forego a manual vehicle for that interior since the C450 interior at the car show totally won me over.
    I think the C450 is too cheap given the exchange rate, hence performance seat must be paired with leather to pad the margins.

Then again, there is a lot of incentives right now that really tempting me not to wait for C43. The only reservation right now is potential 9g tronic and may be they will fix the wind buffeting issue by 2017. Still have some complains form 2015 and 2016 owners and a TSB only applies in Germany. But I definitely heard it in the demo car that I test drove last week. Comes in really loud around 140kph. Open and close window seems to lessen it and a bit distracting on and otherwise great drive.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

C43 gets bigger brakes.

Since the 9G doesn't get the MCT, I don't know if I would wait for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast