Quantcast
United removes passenger from flight - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: United removes passenger from flight

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Only read the last page of this thread, but A+, would read again.

Stock market is hurting because of the 50,000 to 150,000 Chinese ground forces being sent to Korea (actually, they are probably already there) to counter the aircraft carrier that the US is sending there.

You don't just go around sending aircraft carriers off schedule to places they are not wanted without some backlash. It would be like North Korea sending a frigate to park off the coast of California.

WWIII could technically be 48 hours away. The only reason to mention it here, is that this news story could be a false flag.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:16 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by rage2

One of my bucket list items that I can never cross off. Concorde was the shit back in the day.
    Same - although I have even less of an excuse as I used to turn wrenches for AC back in the early 2000s when BA and AC were part of the Star Alliance network (still are); thus, employees could travel on any network for 50% of the cost of full fare.

I think it would have worked out to about a 2000$ one way ticket on the Concorde (London -> JFK) then other connecting flights, to a total of around 3000$ at least after the round trip was done.

But I was fiscally, maybe a bit too prudent .....

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

Talk about a random life haha.
    I hope he's been doing something else in that time since turning pro. $234k over 10 years isn't a lot. Hopefully he's cleaning up in cash games.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Super easy way to solve the problem.

United: we need 4 people to voluntarily give up their seats in exchange for being booked on a later flight and a $500 flight credit.

Wait 5 minutes.

United: We had no takers, so, we have locked the lavatories, posted security so no one damages the plane. The air conditioning has been shut off. Once 4 people leave the plane and claim the $500 voucher, the plane will take off. May the odds ever be in your favour.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    ute

Next time people advocate for the government enforcing language laws, cake baking for wedding, etc....this is what government enforcement looks like.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    So he's a dirty doctor who was convicted of trading gay sex for pills and has a gambling problem? Karma's a bitch then, move along, nothing else to see here.

Now think about that. Ground forces to counter an aircraft carrier. Did you even think before typing this?

They are actually being deployed at the border in case of a possible wave of refugees, should the US strike NK.
    I believe the ground forces are mainly being deployed just in case the US attempts overreach, assuming that an airstrike would first be used to soften targets before a land invasion.

Its very hard to stop at one country for any advancing army, war has inevitably proven that time and time again.

But this is probably better in the other thread.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

The stock price says otherwise. Who knows if people will actually boycott United or not.
    The stock price is actually higher now than it was 5 days ago

Wonder if that is cause and effect of having algorithms run everything now? Parsing the news, start getting a whole bunch of negative feedback, and SELL.

Then the news evens out/becomes neutral and maybe the human traders that are left buy it again because they know its at a discount relative to what its worth, and it rebounds back to normal

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Stock market is hurting because of the 50,000 to 150,000 Chinese ground forces being sent to Korea (actually, they are probably already there) to counter the aircraft carrier that the US is sending there.

You don't just go around sending aircraft carriers off schedule to places they are not wanted without some backlash. It would be like North Korea sending a frigate to park off the coast of California.

WWIII could technically be 48 hours away. The only reason to mention it here, is that this news story could be a false flag.
    There is something big going on off the coast of Califronia. A buddy in the Navy said there is big and unusual activity, with no more details.

My Ride
    2010 S4

i think I would need a good chunk of credits to give up my spot seems credits would rarely work out to the same value in cash. The girlfriend and I both have $150 credits for Alaska Airlines the catch is it's $150 off the full ticket price and every flight I've looked at using the codes so far I can get for about the same price on Expedia.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by Gestalt

There is something big going on off the coast of Califronia. A buddy in the Navy said there is big and unusual activity, with no more details.

Russia quietly pulled all their jets from Syria overnight...

It's about to get ugly.

Hope ya'll have your conscription excuses ready!

BOT; I am also some one who likes getting bumped, vouchers, hotels, first class upgrades on the following flights! Sign me up!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Nothing on twitter about Cali

The comments on Facebook are getting even more ridiculous. People who think United is taking big hit on the stock market - it's not. The stock is the same price it was 5 days ago. People who want this guy to sue to millions of dollars which is a microcosm of the horrible litigation culture in America. And people who want this guy to sue for enough to "bankrupt" a $22 billion airline.

The public reaction to this whole thing has been more ridiculous than the incident itself. The number of people out there who are misinformed AND loud just astounds me.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Yeah, democracy yay.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by kenny

Of course not, all the people that say they will boycott United will forget next time they do a search for a flight and see the cheap seats again. The same seats that are most likely to get bumped. Either that or they'll book it through Air Canada and not realize its a code share flight operated by UAL
    Disagree.

After Westjet threw my step-dad off a plane for being intoxicated (he wasn't, but the left half of his face is paralyzed and he sure looks drunk a lot of the time) without even talking to him, and then offered a piddly $50 "fuck you", I haven't flown with them since.

Looking back, that's 17 flights that have gone to Air Canada that would have gone to Westjet instead. Oops.

Anyway, most will forget, but some won't.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by A790
    Disagree.

After Westjet threw my step-dad off a plane for being intoxicated (he wasn't, but the left half of his face is paralyzed and he sure looks drunk a lot of the time) without even talking to him, and then offered a piddly $50 "fuck you", I haven't flown with them since.

Looking back, that's 17 flights that have gone to Air Canada that would have gone to Westjet instead. Oops.

Kenny's talking about a mass boycott. You're talking about less than a rounding error.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

This asian's going to get paiiiddd.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by A790

Disagree.

In my experience westjet likes to party... I've been to the point where I don't really remember boarding flights... passing out almost instantly once seated... and not waking up till touchdown... and still being pretty cut with zero incidents

Damn Miami layovers and south beach's strong ass drinks, and lounge ftw

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast