Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Subway Soy Scandal

Author
Thread
Mixalot27
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 100%

Subway Soy Scandal quote:

Marketplace reported Subway's chicken only contains 50% chicken and the rest is soy protein. Subway is denying it and has now commissioned it's own study which found less than 1% soy. So is it a sandwich or a soywich?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mar...-food-1.3993967

https://www.thestar.com/business/20...luted-meat.html

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2017 10:35 PM
Mixalot27 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Mixalot27 Click here to Send Mixalot27 a Private Message Find more posts by Mixalot27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Subway is below prison/airline food. I could care less about the soy, its the 50 other preservatives and fake ingredients that id be concerned with.

Old Post 03-02-2017 10:39 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I don't think this is a surprise - just google Subway ingredients and you get a PDF of all the ingredients. The list is a mile long with fillers, preservatives, and chemicals even for simple things. There was a thread on it before. Either way their ingredients are absolutely disgusting and you're probably better off eating fast food hamburgers.

If you've ever taken one bite of that rubber-like 'chicken' patty they have, it's pretty obvious it's nowhere near 100% chicken.

Old Post 03-02-2017 10:51 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.19
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Out of all the chicken they tasted, the Subway one looked the saddest. All white in color with the fake grill marks attempts on them. But yeah pretty obvious its not chicken, and I know that when I do buy their subs. Wonder if their Steak is actual beef.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 03-02-2017 11:13 PM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Subway "chicken" is a frozen product that is reheated/baked in store, same as their "meat" balls, cookies, "bread" and steak(?) offerings. Cleanest protein you can get there is the tuna, which is basically canned grocery store tuna but from a much bigger can. People who care about this stuff dont eat there but if you must, a veggie sub without cheese is also ok, since they claim their bread no longer has shoe rubber in it.

Old Post 03-02-2017 11:22 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

"double-soy subs" ??

hm.

Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Old Post 03-02-2017 11:33 PM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

as much as I am not a fan of subway...I am happy to hear that it is only soy....it could be so much worse.

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 03-02-2017 11:49 PM
spikerS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

If you've ever taken one bite of that rubber-like 'chicken' patty they have, it's pretty obvious it's nowhere near 100% chicken.

The same thing goes for Tim Hortons.. Their chicken is shit too.

Old Post 03-02-2017 11:56 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by mzdspd

The same thing goes for Tim Hortons.. Their chicken is shit too.

Yep. Just as flavorless as SW chicken. Also, TH's breakfast sausage tastes like it was soaking in toxic chemicals.

Old Post 03-03-2017 12:10 AM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I've been under the assumption that all fast food is at least 50% soylent filler. I'm pleasantly surprised by the other restaurants results.

Old Post 03-03-2017 12:58 AM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Do you guys have the rotisserie "style" (haha) chicken in the US, or oven roasted turkey breast? Both of thosr are actually fibrous meat, I'm guessing super close to 100% meat (they also claim no preservatives etc)

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Old Post 03-03-2017 01:00 AM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nismorphed
Neutral

What I drive: 2016 Tacoma street queen
Posts/Day: 0.07
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Not part yoga mats?

Hope you having fun out there dood!

Old Post 03-03-2017 03:42 AM
Nismorphed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nismorphed Click here to Send Nismorphed a Private Message Find more posts by Nismorphed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Subway isn't really healthy eating unless it's a veggie sub or a turkey breast loaded with veggies. If you are going to get one of their chicken meat or loaded meat subs you are probably better off going to McDonalds and getting a quarter pounder. Any time I have had something like a Subway Club I end up being super dehydrated after because of all the salt in their meats.

Old Post 03-03-2017 03:54 AM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
First Gear

What I drive: 1996 Integra SE
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by heavyD
Subway isn't really healthy eating unless it's a veggie sub or a turkey breast loaded with veggies. If you are going to get one of their chicken meat or loaded meat subs you are probably better off going to McDonalds and getting a quarter pounder. Any time I have had something like a Subway Club I end up being super dehydrated after because of all the salt in their meats.

Pretty much what I order lol and usually only in a 6"

I used to eat footlong meatballs with double meat bleh

Old Post 03-03-2017 04:27 AM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

I like subway once in a while. usually cold cuts but the sub sauce, s n p and pickles pretty much wash out the taste of the meat anyways lol

I like salty shit. it'll be the death of me no doubt.

Old Post 03-03-2017 05:30 AM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnlennon

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968

Yep. Just as flavorless as SW chicken. Also, TH's breakfast sausage tastes like it was soaking in toxic chemicals.

All those breakfast sandwiches are packed with so much sodium. If I must do breakfast on the road or something I will do A&W breakfast plate, egg mcmuffin or subway with "egg" whites.

not sure why watching this years ago really opened my eyes: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episo...ith-marketplace

Old Post 03-03-2017 05:35 AM
johnlennon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnlennon Click here to Send johnlennon a Private Message Find more posts by johnlennon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by johnlennon

All those breakfast sandwiches are packed with so much sodium. If I must do breakfast on the road or something I will do A&W breakfast plate, egg mcmuffin or subway with "egg" whites.

not sure why watching this years ago really opened my eyes: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episo...ith-marketplace

Whenever these types of docs inform the consumers of the fat, salt, and or sugar content, the consumer is invariably, "Oh my God! I"m shocked! I didn't know that!". But all I'm thinking is, "WTF?, how could one not know that"?

Old Post 03-03-2017 02:07 PM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968

Whenever these types of docs inform the consumers of the fat, salt, and or sugar content, the consumer is invariably, "Oh my God! I"m shocked! I didn't know that!". But all I'm thinking is, "WTF?, how could one not know that"?

Clearly, it must be because you are so enlightened and see what others cannot. You are the hero this world needs.

Go forth and conquer!

Old Post 03-03-2017 02:29 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Clearly, it must be because you are so enlightened and see what others cannot. You are the hero this world needs.

Go forth and conquer!

Fast and cheap. Uh huh, that's not going to end well in the health department.

Old Post 03-03-2017 02:39 PM
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

They are just prepping you to be used to eating Soylent.

Mmm Soylent.

Old Post 03-03-2017 06:01 PM
ZenOps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:25 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Subway Soy Scandal

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: