Quantcast
How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll

46 69.70%

13 19.70%

5 7.58%
  • 120k + 20k ADM.

2 3.03%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang?

My Ride
    ute

I'd actually have to think hard before deciding between an M4 and a GT350. The new cayman/boxster aren't that interesting to me with the 4 bager, and the turbo muffler.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not sure if supporting or refuting... the 80% figure is strait from the m division engineers on the e90 though
    refuting.

The part numbers don't lie.

I'm not saying that the M3 isn't worth the price difference. I am saying that the premium doesn't get you as much as you might think and it is largely branding.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    refuting.

The part numbers don't lie.

I'm not saying that the M3 isn't worth the price difference. I am saying that the premium doesn't get you as much as you might think and it is largely branding.
    I'm reading that thread as in "here are the M3 part numbers, and the M3 parts will bolt onto the 335" not that they are the same part... in that thread you linked it even goes as far to say that M3 brakes will not bolt up cause even the M3 spindles are different

I'm reading that thread as in "here are the M3 part numbers, and the M3 parts will bolt onto the 335" not that they are the same part... in that thread you linked it even goes as far to say that M3 brakes will not bolt up cause even the M3 spindles are different
    Aren't they different engines though, or at least heads? Who cares about suspension lol

Edit: yea isn't there a 100hp difference? People can deck their 3 series out with the entire "M" and sport package all day long and it still won't hold a candle to a m3, so why are people saying you can just swap over the parts and "essentially" get an M3???

Not directing this at you obviously ercchry
    Last edited by J-hop; 07-10-2017 at 05:58 PM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Good dialogue.

I guess I'm kind of naive when it comes to German compition since I've never experienced any of them except for a C63 which was tuned over 500bhp. It was awesome but in terms of drivetrain, refinement wouldn't be the phrase I'd use.

Interior was better, but that's obvious.

When you get to top tier performance at around 100k, can you have refinement also or does that come in at the 150k range.

Example Porsche. Which other 100-120k vehicle offers performance at the GT350R level and refinement? New of course.

I can't think of one. The Z06 is not refined.

Perhaps a new C63S Coupe? I don't think it can hang.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

100k 911s aren't in the performance bracket of the GT350.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the F-type is in that 110k range...that might be an option

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Good dialogue.

I guess I'm kind of naive when it comes to German compition since I've never experienced any of them except for a C63 which was tuned over 500bhp. It was awesome but in terms of drivetrain, refinement wouldn't be the phrase I'd use.

Interior was better, but that's obvious.

When you get to top tier performance at around 100k, can you have refinement also or does that come in at the 150k range.

Example Porsche. Which other 100-120k vehicle offers performance at the GT350R level and refinement? New of course.

I can't think of one. The Z06 is not refined.

Perhaps a new C63S Coupe? I don't think it can hang.
    In that price range:
    -2017 GTR haha. The new interior is better than some M car interiors by far IMO.
    -911 Carrera/Base or with a few options. They drive great and the base car is GTR/GT350 fast.

Disclaimer: I love the performance on the GT350 as well as on the Camaros but they are just not my style so my opinion is biased.

I agree with most of the comments on the thread so far. I would't pay more than 70ish for a "muscle car". Just cant even think about it to be honest. Yes, they outperform anything with much much bigger price tags and I bet they are extremely fun to drive and their performance and value for the money can not be ignored but like I said, just not my style.

The sales numbers in Germany are super irrelevant like mentioned above.

The GT350 is an amazing car! The sound of that engine and the handling (from reviews, havent been in one yet) seem to be epic! Crazy track times everywhere too! I hope Ford continues on this trend of making great performing cars!

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Really depends on what it is...
    Based on the gt350r, if they topped that I would have no issues paying more (if I could afford the gt350r in the first place). I think the 350 is worth every penny. It would have to actually be something better though, not just a limited edition "collector" car.

I'd be more interested if they could build an affordable awd mustang - I would love to daily that!

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Silverado

GTR MSRP $125
    Base 911 $104 (add $5k for even the lowest leather option)

GT350R $86

M4 is right in the same range, probably what I'd pick haha. Not even close to baller status, so.. maybe a camaro SS

My Ride
    ute

A new base 911 is actually a decent deal in this category. If I was spending $100k =/- I'd take that over an M4 or a GT350. Cooler, classier, etc.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

The mustang would be my last choice in that segment. I know its the best value but it just doesn't seem to have the same feel and styling as the European counterparts. I think to me the expensive mustangs vs cheap mustangs look too similar in styling to justify that price.
    Last edited by austic; 07-11-2017 at 10:50 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by austic View Post
    The mustang would be my last choice in that segment. I know its the best value but it just doesn't seem to have the same feel and styling as the European counterparts. I think to me the expensive mustangs vs cheap mustangs look too similar in styling to justify that price.
    The M4 and the C63 both have that issue. So does the 911 Turbo for that matter.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Aren't they different engines though, or at least heads? Who cares about suspension lol

Edit: yea isn't there a 100hp difference? People can deck their 3 series out with the entire "M" and sport package all day long and it still won't hold a candle to a m3, so why are people saying you can just swap over the parts and "essentially" get an M3???

Not directing this at you obviously ercchry
    I love a good derail.

I may be wrong, but IIRC, the E9x 335i could be made notably quicker in a straight line than the equivalent M3 just by doing intake/downpipe/exhaust and tune (at our elevation at least, cause there's no way an N/A V8 is putting out the stated 400+hp). I'm pretty sure it <$5k to get one of those 335i's to get to ~400hp/tq. It's on a road course where I would expect the 335 to come way short.

Anyways, on topic, there's no way in hell I would pay $100k for any new mustang. Sure they're nice, but as it's been repeatedly stated, there's many more cars out there that are an all around better package in that price bracket. I'd rather have a base (or close to) 911, without a doubt. Or an M4. Or a C63s. (and so on)

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I've owned Mustangs and I feel the sweet spot for pricing is in the range of the GT with performance pack. I feel that the Flat Rock Michigan plant is one of the worst assembly plants in the world as there are so many panel gaps, paint issues, poor assembly, etc that these cars aren't high enough quality to warrant extremely high pricing. I like the Shelby GT350 and can't ignore it's performance but if I'm going to pay that much money for a car I want something more well rounded and higher quality than a Mustang or Camaro.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    I've owned Mustangs and I feel the sweet spot for pricing is in the range of the GT with performance pack. I feel that the Flat Rock Michigan plant is one of the worst assembly plants in the world as there are so many panel gaps, paint issues, poor assembly, etc that these cars aren't high enough quality to warrant extremely high pricing. I like the Shelby GT350 and can't ignore it's performance but if I'm going to pay that much money for a car I want something more well rounded and higher quality than a Mustang or Camaro.
    I think with the GT350 you are paying for the engine, and getting the car for free. Same reason that Ferrari owners put up with poor build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I love a good derail.

I may be wrong, but IIRC, the E9x 335i could be made notably quicker in a straight line than the equivalent M3 just by doing intake/downpipe/exhaust and tune (at our elevation at least, cause there's no way an N/A V8 is putting out the stated 400+hp). I'm pretty sure it <$5k to get one of those 335i's to get to ~400hp/tq. It's on a road course where I would expect the 335 to come way short.

Anyways, on topic, there's no way in hell I would pay $100k for any new mustang. Sure they're nice, but as it's been repeatedly stated, there's many more cars out there that are an all around better package in that price bracket. I'd rather have a base (or close to) 911, without a doubt. Or an M4. Or a C63s. (and so on)
    Haha I was just following the previous derail. I'd like to see an example of that if you could find one. Intake/header/exhaust will not net you much of anything on most cars unless it's severely bottle necked from factory. Tune you might pick up 10hp if you're lucky?. To match the M3 you're probably looking at a power adder. But I'd love to be proved wrong on that.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Haha I was just following the previous derail. I'd like to see an example of that if you could find one. Intake/header/exhaust will not net you much of anything on most cars unless it's severely bottle necked from factory. Tune you might pick up 10hp if you're lucky?. To match the M3 you're probably looking at a power adder. But I'd love to be proved wrong on that.

The 335 is an inline 6 single or twin turbo depending on year... it responds very well to a tune, but the n54 has its issues, especially when cranking up the power. It was also underrated from BMW as not to interfere with M3 sales... but yeah, M3 has always been greater than it's sum of parts and they are two completely different cars

The 335 is an inline 6 single or twin turbo depending on year... it responds very well to a tune, but the n54 has its issues, especially when cranking up the power. It was also underrated from BMW as not to interfere with M3 sales... but yeah, M3 has always been greater than it's sum of parts and they are two completely different cars
    Good point, for some reason I had NA in my head, my bad. NA intake, header, exhaust combinations are pretty much the worst $/hp thing you can do haha

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just a JB4 on an N55 will get you 60 whp on a *35i. Over 100 with bolt ons. Considering it was underrated from the start a bolt on N55 with JB4 is putting out same if not more than even the new M3/4's, and vs an E9X M3 its well above.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_JB4_...BMW_tuner.html

But again, there is so much more to those cars than just peak HP/Tq

I was looking at getting another mustang last year and couldn't believe a well equipped GT convertible is north of 60. No thanks. 100k for a mustang? You must be on crack or a massive fanboi to buy one.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Just a JB4 on an N55 will get you 60 whp on a *35i. Over 100 with bolt ons. Considering it was underrated from the start a bolt on N55 with JB4 is putting out same if not more than even the new M3/4's, and vs an E9X M3 its well above.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_JB4_...BMW_tuner.html

But again, there is so much more to those cars than just peak HP/Tq

I was looking at getting another mustang last year and couldn't believe a well equipped GT convertible is north of 60. No thanks. 100k for a mustang? You must be on crack or a massive fanboi to buy one.
    Thanks, that's the combo I was referring to, but I left out the JB4 like a dummy.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast