Quantcast
What is your favorite RWD Corvette generation? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite RWD Corvette generation?

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

In this order:

1 - C6
    2 - C7
    3 - C4
    4 - C1 (toward the end of that gen with 4 headlights, I don't care much for the first ones)
    5 - C2
    6 - C3
    7 - C5

The fifth gens look out of proportion to me. They have the big fat ass of the C6 that I like, but the front end is too close to the C4.
    Last edited by SKR; 10-14-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

C1/2/5/6/7

3 was weird with the front styling and 4 was mediocre.

5 they really got back with a good style and the c6 and 7 body lines are awesome.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

C6 looks cross eyed.

My Ride
    K-car

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In this order:

1 - C6
    2 - C7
    3 - C4
    4 - C1 (toward the end of that gen with 4 headlights, I don't care much for the first ones)
    5 - C2
    6 - C3
    7 - C5

The fifth gens look out of proportion to me. They have the big fat ass of the C6 that I like, but the front end is too close to the C4.

Agree. I found the 5 looked way too fat assed too. The hideaway headlamps were also way past their prime when the C5 came out.

I like them all to be honest, not one in particular I'd pick as a fav. For me the vette has been again gracefully since it's introduction. Each new release seems to get better and better building from the previous year, which isn't something all oem's have done well with their some of their product lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    I like them all to be honest, not one in particular I'd pick as a fav. For me the vette has been again gracefully since it's introduction. Each new release seems to get better and better building from the previous year, which isn't something all oem's have done well with their some of their product lines.
    For me, being a long time corvette despiser and growing up in the 80's 90's I personally hated the C4, as that was "that guy's" Dad's "supercar" and how its so much faster than everyone else's car...

To me though, the C2 is just iconic and dead sexy... like the 66 mustang or 69 Firebird, they are pure legend

So my ranking would be definately C2, C7, C6 and C5... giving some props to the C5 for some relatively modern day styling and performance.. (I mean a C5 Z06 w/ that LS6, T56 and good tires and she's a fun machine)

the C5 and even the C6 are still in my mind "wannabe" cars, crying to compete with the exotics. Though the ZR1 and Z06 were mean machines, to me it wasn't until the C7 where I have to give GM the props and say that other than pedegree that a Corvette now lacks NOTHING

I mean I still believe its the same old formula of lets take a Chev Small block and transmission out of a truck and stuff it into a IRS transaxel coupe... but The C7 is just done right, it looks right and it sounds right.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

I've had C3, C4, and a C5z. I like the C3 styling, but quality was poor even by Corvette standards and the years haven't treated most well. Most of the later, more affordable C3s really need a powertrain upgrade to be a fun driver. My C5z was the nicest car to drive, but was a bitch to work on and lacked soul compared to the C3. Everyone hates on C4s, but I really liked mine, and the clamshell hood made it fantastic to work on. I think my next 'vette will be a C3 with a LS/T56 swap

I've always loved Corvettes, I just hate most Corvette guys and the downside to driving a 'vette is you don't want to get lumped in with those Hawaiian shirt wearing, shit talking d-bags. Damn near everyone with a 350/auto vette will talk your ear off about what cars they've beaten, and how their wheezy 200hp 350 must be 'around 500 horse' because of the chromed intake, holley double pumper, and small tube headers.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

C4 was the first corvette that stepped into the modern age of handling.

Yes, for an american car, the corvette was "leading edge" in many generations, but the C4 was the first true step up.

I love them all basically. It's hard to REALLY love anything from the mid 70's to early 80's with smog rules completely killing the cars.

Ultimately, I could see myself in a C4. ZR1 = drool. However, I'd make a ZR1 look alike, then stick a 14:1 compression 6.0L with a 4.8L crank and run it on E85. Should be good for 700hp at 8k rpm.

C5 for me. FRC option, LT's Cam and Tune. Such a blast to drive

C5, the last of the popup headlights.

My Ride
    Lariat

My dad has a C5 so I am partial to them, C2 are also sexy

_____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Pushbroom

^^^ Nassau Blue with the tan interior. Mint.

My Ride
    Silverado

Not sure if this is total off topic but whatever happened to the inrich guy? i remember his non stop posts about his super car corvette

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Quote Originally Posted by Aaaaaron View Post
    The C2 is probably one of my favourite car designs of all time. Where the C5 is probably the best balance of looks and performance although.
    absolutely agree with the C2. So dang sexy.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Not sure if this is total off topic but whatever happened to the inrich guy? i remember his non stop posts about his super car corvette
    Banned for not admitting that Mercedes is the one true manufacturer (or maybe because he was racist AF).

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Each generation had their pros and cons. Obviously as technology improved so did the cars - with the exception the dark era starting around... what... '74? '75?

I was born during those dark times, so when I was a kid I mainly saw the C3's and as far as design goes, I think they win as far as era-specific exterior design. (Though if I grew up earlier I might argue the C2's were even more outrageous). I still think the C3 is sharp with those huge fender humps... though the interiors are and always were truly horrible. At the time I had no idea that sports cars were really not that sporty so my love of Corvettes started off on a misinformed foot....

As I got into my teens I dreamed of owning a C4 and finally appreciated the performance improvement over the C3 which was badly castrated by those emissions requirements. So I guess that is the model I grew up truly lusting after but by the time I could comfortably afford one, the C5 wasn't much more expensive so that's what I actually bought. Naturally, the C5 was a huge improvement in quality and ride but it still had a substandard interior and wasn't really a massive step up from the late-model C4's in performance. Of course there was the Z06 but I really like open-air motoring, so the targa on my C5 was a must and I never moved on a Z06 even when I had an opportunity.

I think the C6 was another great step up - with an obviously better interior, sharper lines, trimmed exterior, and a 50hp bump. Despite all the improvements, I always felt the c6 was a little "boring" in some ways. It just looks kind of generic from some angles - mainly the front end. I was never a fan of the fixed lights. Not necessarily that I was still fond of flip-up lights (I was), but more that they were just "there" and didn't seem to add to the design. In fact, I think all in all the C5 design might have been more successful overall; at least for the era.

The C7 I can't comment on driving-wise as I've never had the opportunity. But by every measure, it shows to be the best of them all. It looks aggressive (though I feel something is "off" about that rear end but can't place exactly what), the interior is finally to the quality level it should be by all accounts, and the performance is a substantial step up from the C6.

But all in all, I think if I was to put my finger on the best for the era, I think I'd pick the C4. It was a truly modern representation of the sports car and a big departure from anything else Chevy had ever made. I mean - LCD display? As crappy as it was, that was some real si-fi shit right there. 1984 model aside, it may not have been that powerful by today's standards, but 0-60 in some 5.6 seconds in 1985 was absolutely outstanding. It was also the first model to feature a proper injection system which was a huge step away from both the carbureted models and even that garbage "crossfire" injection. The handling was finally of a modern design and outstanding for the era. (Still fairly decent by today's standards, actually). I think the exterior design was truly beautiful in it's relative restraint and even today I think they are good looking cars.

So that's my vote. C4. Andy - you bring the mullet and I'll bring the open shirt with chest hair.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 10-16-2017 at 04:41 PM.

My Ride
    ute

The C6 Z06 was one of the greatest cars ever made, IMO. The LS7 was a revelation for me when I first drove it. Still would love to own one.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I would buy it if I had a way to get it back here.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I would buy it if I had a way to get it back here.
    Just drive it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast