Quantcast
Another car buyer's remorse thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Another car buyer's remorse thread

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

This is like me buying a car from my own work and getting duped.

LOL If I have to take it higher up the chain, I will.
    lol unless someone promised you bro bro bro best deal in town haha

It's funny how we end up doing our research after the fact.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    lol unless someone promised you bro bro bro best deal in town haha

It's funny how we end up doing our research after the fact.

The numbers just don't add up though, even on my deal sheet is doesn't add. On Infiniti website, Freight and PDI is $1995. On my sheet it says Destination $2995

And yes I should of walked out and did my research but I'm in the industry DAMN IT! lol.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-23-2017 at 11:58 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't know you, but the idea that you work in an industry legendary for preying on people who don't do their homework and you got screwed when you didn't do your homework is too delicious.
    Name:  605cacde1e6f4bbc3d53f69529c43189ea20aabf37e7afa0ffe958c233506f95.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  46.7 KB

Salesbros motto : sales before bros
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

The numbers just don't add up though, even on my deal sheet is doesn't add. On Infiniti website, Freight and PDI is $1995. On my sheet it says Destination $2995

And yes I should of walked out and did my research but I'm in the industry DAMN IT! lol.

http://imgur.com/a/ONn1K
    Well, wonder no more how these biz/fin managers have a vehicle for all seasons, M5, Civic, GT3 etc. haha

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I don't know you, but the idea that you work in an industry legendary for preying on people who don't do their homework and you got screwed when you didn't do your homework is too delicious.
    Name:  605cacde1e6f4bbc3d53f69529c43189ea20aabf37e7afa0ffe958c233506f95.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  46.7 KB

Salesbros motto : sales before bros
    Yea man. Not cool whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Well, wonder no more how these biz/fin managers have a vehicle for all seasons, M5, Civic, GT3 etc. haha
    That is too true. My old Nissan Finance Manager, had a Gallardo summer, then went and bought an M6 just for the winter. Then got an SL63, and last vehicle was a few BMWs now that hes at BMW. What does Kasem drive lol
    Last edited by dj_rice; 09-03-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Personally, I would get my deposit back, and walk away. I really dislike when people do business in bad faith. Two things to keep in mind when buying from a dealership:
    1) Always have a plan B/be ready to walk away
    2) Never negotiate payments, always negotiate the final price.

Hopefully things turn out in your favor. Keep us posted.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    8 year terms seem pretty common these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This is very unusual, and I'm surprised. The automotive industry is well known for its generous and ethical behaviour. It's rare to run into an employee - let alone an entire car dealership- that will bend you over and give it to you dry style. Must be some sort of mistake.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Tej.S View Post
    2) Never negotiate payments, always negotiate the final price.

Hopefully things turn out in your favor. Keep us posted.
    This.

I'm actually surprised you let this happen to you man. I guess excitement got the better of you. Haggle the all in price, not payment.

If you get out of this unscathed, it'll be a good lesson to smarten up and double check before agreeing on a big purchase like this. Don't just blindly trust people.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This.

I'm actually surprised you let this happen to you man. I guess excitement got the better of you. Haggle the all in price, not payment.

If you get out of this unscathed, it'll be a good lesson to smarten up and double check before agreeing on a big purchase like this. Don't just blindly trust people.

I'm actually surprised you let this happen to you man. I guess excitement got the better of you. Haggle the all in price, not payment. This right there. Excitement of a new car, also was there from 10:30am till 4, was tired, had no food so was hangry. But I'll double check everything before I head back to dealer. My math may be wrong....then I'd be pretty embarassed by this thread and will get a new updated Customer User title

My Ride
    This and that.

To be honest, you sound like you're more annoyed with the fact that the dealership made some money on the sale rather than the price you negotiated (which you seem to be okay with). I mean at the end of the day dealerships are in the business of making money. You don't work in sales I recall but you must know how they work. If you're okay with what you gotta pay, perhaps don't think too much about the fact that they made some money...like they do in pretty much all sales.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    To be honest, you sound like you're more annoyed with the fact that the dealership made some money on the sale rather than the price you negotiated (which you seem to be okay with). I mean at the end of the day dealerships are in the business of making money. You don't work in sales I recall but you must know how they work. If you're okay with what you gotta pay, perhaps don't think too much about the fact that they made some money...like they do in pretty much all sales.
    Very true very true. Food for thought. Technically, they didn't RIP me off, they just made more profit than what I thought they should of made on a referral kind of deal, obviously I thought with my history with the company, friend referral and knowing/working with all the staff before I was sort of like family. But then with the more profit, that means I'm paying more interest because of it.

At the end of the day, I got the car I wanted, the payments I wanted, no discounts on the Finance interest which I thought I would of with my good credit, and I can't compare what someone got discount wise vs what I got as thats always gonna happen in life. Always wanting what they got, oh he got a bigger discount not fair. I should look at the over all picture. Its all peanuts in the end I guess, so this is what they call Buyers Remorse LOL but I have to be happy with my purchase as I'm the one thats gonna be living with it for the next 5 years or etc. Otherwise, I'll be driving it and regret and hate it and thinking what if..

I'll update thread tomorrow night on what I decide/happens. Might get a new Custom User Title
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-20-2017 at 10:54 PM.

My Ride
    ute

People discount pricing to make a sale. You were a likely sale... Why would they discount?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    People discount pricing to make a sale. You were a likely sale... Why would they discount?

Your not helping my cause and paranoia LOL

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

http://imgur.com/a/ONn1K
    They also charged you $200 instead of $100 for the AC levy

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    They also charged you $200 instead of $100 for the AC levy
    So I'm not crazy. Air tax x 2. The PDI thing doesn't match as well. Would PDI vary from each province? Cause Infiniti Canada shows $1995

My Ride
    ute

So I'm not crazy. Air tax x 2. The PDI thing doesn't match as well. Would PDI vary from each province? Cause Infiniti Canada shows $1995
    PDI frequently is higher in Alberta.

My math says you are paying exactly full price, but they're throwing in 3m for 'free' (You work at a dealership that you've been at for 1000 years in dealership years, so your cost is probably $400-500 for that stuff if you sublet it out, or a couple hundred cash to the guy doing it on a weekend if you have an in-house guy and no one cares about eating material cost for an employee that's been there forever, which if you were my underline, would be the case).

Winter mats, locks, etc are usually standard now also on any luxury car so that is of zero additional value. I know they were on my 335 and they were again on my wife's lexus we just bought last month.

That is not a car that is flying off the shelves, and infiniti isn't a brand that is killing it with sales right now. Plus, as the salesmen at your dealership said, cost + 500 used to be the goauto deal for employees... also, full price on a 50g car..... wtf lol. Lexus just chopped 5g off a 35gish car for me. BMW chopped 7.2% (i think, memory is getting foggy now) off a 55gish car for me before. I negotiated acura selling a base RDX to my mom aftertax/pdi/freight for 1-2g cheaper than MSRP.

My opinion, i'd just tube the deal. Despite what people say about goauto, they're highly unlikely to keep your deposit unless you say something to piss them off, so tell them you can't afford it. And since you work at merc, i'd be looking at something in-house (whats wrong with a c300? ya its not 300hp, but that 240+ is definitely decent and good enough, and IMO it's a better feeling car. That infiniti imo suffers from the same thing acuras do. luxury stuff glued to an unrefined chassis. you get too many options compared to the competition and that has to be made up by cost cutting somewhere) unless you really love the Q50... but goauto has 2 infiniti dealerships to choose from so you can always walk in to the other one.

As for Q50's, erickson (i'm assuming you are dealing with the infiniti dealership next door to your work?) has a billion 2017s you could probably get for a steal; its not like 2018 or 2017 really makes a difference 5 years down the road unless it was a major improvement/facelift year. They have 2017 red sports for probably cheaper than what you're willing to pay for a 2018 q50s.

In the future i'd recommend not ever getting a 'hook up'. It's very hard to give a good deal to someone you know because you have to justify it (you can't just give a car away because it's a coworker of your relative), and imo if you're half decent at negotiating you'll always get a better deal walking in as a random than being 'hooked up' as a buddy. Giving a hell of a deal to some random is easier because they can justify it as a volume sale for end of month, or whatever. It's one more sale u didn't have and if you had to work for it you have a good story why you got grinded down hard. I'd also not sign anything or give an unconditional deposit until you work out all the math every way possible. I'd also never deal on payments... even on a lease I deal on the actual cost of the car. Also, if you give a deposit, it should be with conditions. Conditions on your gf, wife, dad, whatever approving of the deal is an easy one that gives you carte blanche to back out.
    Last edited by zhao; 08-20-2017 at 11:57 PM.

My Ride

While doing some investigating last night, not sure if this matters but the VIN# and STK# for the car on my deal sheet, isn't the car I'm purchasing. Since they were so quick to make the sale, I'm assuming they just used whatever VIN# they had in stock to match up what I'm buying. My car is incoming and didn't have a STK yet or they didn't know VIN# yet

I purchased a Majestic White car, the one on the deal sheet is a Obsidian Black car, and yes, going back to the #'s what I paid is exactly/almost identical to what you can build the car for online.

Just curious - what a salesperson claims might be the invoice cost is probably something quite different to what the dealership actually paid for the vehicle. Am I correct in saying this or not? Are the salesmen aware of all the discounts or other behind the scenes deals that a dealership may get? I know when we owned our retail pet place, my staff were not generally aware of some of the smoking deals I got - that was my business and not theirs. Exactly how do these things work in the automobile sales world or is everyone on here in the know somehow with respect to invoice pricing versus the real actual vehicle cost to the dealership?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

It's kind of funny how you say multiple times that it's ok if the people in this thread get swindled by dealers, but since you do something "in the industry", it's a huge deal. Considering you didn't bother to read what you were signing, lack of research and attitude, it's hard to be sympathetic.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast