Quantcast
Traveling for a year - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Traveling for a year

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Traveling for a year

So in about 2 years' time, the wife, kid and I will be leaving Canada for a year to travel. Both my wife and I are no strangers to traveling or living abroad as we have already done it and our 3 year old has already been to about 10 countries already but we've never lived abroad for a longer period of time especially with a kid. We have some ideas of where to go and plan on living in some counties for a bit longer than others but if you could go some place in this world, what's on your bucket list or must visit?

We are planning on certain parts of Africa both north and south and my wife wants to hit up Asia but let me hear your must sees.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Lease

Can't contribute to the topic itself. But just a suggestion for OP though is make sure you don't buy any engines before leaving for your journey.

Have fun LUDELVR, share your travels with us even if they'll probably be more tame than the 10 years ago LUDELVR.

My Ride
    ute

awesome idea. congrats, I wish we could make something like this happen.

Bucket list country right now: Namibia.

We're going to take a trip there as soon ast the 4 year old is old enough to make it worthwhile.

My Ride
    rally pig

Couple of years ago we met a young family (2 kids under 5) from the UK while in Thailand.
    They were travelling across the globe, from what I recall they were visiting some more countries in Asia before heading down to Australia, then South America going up to North America and finally back to Europe.

A one year travel is also on my bucket list to do but earlier today I was talking to my wife and she's not as keen to travel far away until our daughter is 8 years old.
    She read some articles/research where they said kids don't really remember as much until they are around the age of 8. I could sort of relate to this research as TBH I vaguely remember much of our travels as a kid.
    So it will probably be beaches, Disneyland/world and the Philippines for us

Still, I think there are also some benefits for a young child to learn various culture.

If I could take 6-12 months travel, Asia and Europe would have to be on my list.

Keep us posted on your 1 year travel!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't contribute to the topic itself. But just a suggestion for OP though is make sure you don't buy any engines before leaving for your journey.

Have fun LUDELVR, share your travels with us even if they'll probably be more tame than the 10 years ago LUDELVR.
    Dick!

Haha if I do, I'll just make sure I keep better communication and it's from a more trustworthy and honest guy.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!