PDA

View Full Version : Well I suppose it had to happen... ROBBED

kevie88
07-18-2003, 11:14 AM
So I wake up this morning to find my hood and my trunk wide open on the car.. and my sub and box stolen from the trunk. I walk around the front and see they were kind enough to take my intake and FUCKING THROTTLEBODY too.
It looks like they were interrupted before they could get any more as the amp was unbolted but hanging from the wires.. they almost got it.
So now I get to spend the afternoon pulling out performance parts out of a dead car that I know is probably a "work in progress".. they'll be back.
I'm reaallllly happy this had to happen less than 15 hours before I'm supposed to get on the plane to San Fran.
*EDIT* my roommate will be home and armed to the motherfucking teeth while I'm gone *edit*

These guys knew what I had, and where I lived, they had to know exactly what they were after... my car is an S model and has absolutely no badging that would lead one to believe it was a VTEC. So I think it was someone here or at least someone cruising this board. I suggest that people do not discuss or post anything about their cars mods here.

If you see anyone who suddenly got an h22a throttlebody be sure to pm me.. thanks you guys.

boi-alien
07-18-2003, 11:17 AM
shit, sorry to hear man, theives suck!!! btw, did you have an alarm?

B17a
07-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
So I wake up this morning to find my hood and my trunk wide open on the car.. and my sub and box stolen from the trunk. I walk around the front and see they were kind enough to take my intake and FUCKING THROTTLEBODY too.
It looks like they were interrupted before they could get any more as the amp was unbolted but hanging from the wires.. they almost got it.
So now I get to spend the afternoon pulling out performance parts out of a dead car that I know is probably a "work in progress".. they'll be back.
I'm reaallllly happy this had to happen less than 15 hours before I'm supposed to get on the pane to San Fran.

These guys knew what I had, and where I lived, they had to know exactly what they were after... my car is an S model and has absolutely no badging that would lead one to believe it was a VTEC. So I think it was someone here or at least someone cruising this board. I suggest that people do not discuss or post anything about their cars mods here.

If you see anyone who suddenly got an h22a throttlebody be sure to pm me.. thanks you guys.

That's shitty man! Could it also be someone who followed you? I caught some punks following me one day, when I busted them, they hightailed it off quickly! Did you have an alarm?

kevie88
07-18-2003, 11:24 AM
No alarm, but I will get one when I get back. it probably would have saved me in this case because my window was open and I would have heard it if it went off.

:banghead:

Khyron
07-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Damn man that sucks! (He's right next door to my parents).

:banghead:

Khyron

littledan
07-18-2003, 11:42 AM
that's bullshit. i hope your roomie catches them in the act and they get busted.... one way or the other

kevie88
07-18-2003, 12:48 PM
I'd just like to catch someone doing something like this.. I would permanently cripple their legs with a baseball bat so every step they took for the rest of their lives would remind them of me.

So I guess it's better I didn't catch them.

K271
07-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear. I hate people who have to touch other people's property, especially the car. I hope you catch those chumps.

Ben
07-18-2003, 01:02 PM
I HATE THIEVES!!!!

Super_Geo
07-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Say you caught a thief in your garage.... could you seroiusly hurt them and not get in trouble by the law? How far could you go?

I had my garage broken into about a year ago, and I missed them by about 5 minutes or so (they knocked over a jug of oil and it was still dripping off the counter when I pulled in), so I've always kinda wondered about that.

buh_buh
07-18-2003, 02:16 PM
sorry to hear that Kev, for the people who don't have alarms, you guys should get one NOW.

yankeefan
07-18-2003, 02:27 PM
its a catchy issue, personal property isnt personal safety. if someone threatens your personal safety you can defend yourself. but if someone is stealing your goods and you do serious harm to them you might be in a bad way. with that said. if someone was breaking into my car and I caught em. id beat em up bad. it all comes down to whats worth fighting for. every man has to make those choices. cause in the end you gotta look yourself in the mirror

sorry to hear about your car, people have no respect

ryder_23
07-18-2003, 02:36 PM
you should leave ur trunk and hood open like they left it, get ur roomie to watch the place...so if they drive by, they think no one is even home and come back to finish the job...when they do so, ur roomie will be ready to take action, in a legal way of course...or if ur roomie needs backup, i can round up a few people for a night of stakeout...

sorry to hear this, my friend walked out on some guys trying to break into his car, before they ran away, they gave his car a swift kick to the door. They were never caught, but he had to fix his stupid door...

Khyron
07-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by yankeefan
its a catchy issue, personal property isnt personal safety. if someone threatens your personal safety you can defend yourself. but if someone is stealing your goods and you do serious harm to them you might be in a bad way. with that said. if someone was breaking into my car and I caught em. id beat em up bad. it all comes down to whats worth fighting for. every man has to make those choices. cause in the end you gotta look yourself in the mirror
sorry to hear about your car, people have no respect

If you catch someone in your garage, trashing your car whatever, they're going to fight when confronted - you have to ensure this happens - which means you can beat the living shit out of them.

If he's in your garage, you come roaring in catching him by surprise (just dont hit him in the back) - he'll turn around and either lay down and give up (yah right - if he does tho you can't really do anything) or raise his hands in an aggressive posture(threatening your safety). Pound him till he doesn't stand.

If he's at your car and starts running, you can give pursuit and restrain him till cops arrive. You can't use excessive force (ie, tackle him then poke his eyes out) but if you tackle him and he starts fighting you can pound him.

Just use common sense. No curbing. No spine snapping. Breaking arms and legs is ok.

Khyron

Dope Dealer
07-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Sorry to hear Kevie :(

Bad things happen to good people....

Ben
07-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Just use common sense. No curbing. No spine snapping. Breaking arms and legs is ok.

Khyron

No Curbing!? Awwwwww:(

Super_Geo
07-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
he'll turn around and either lay down and give up (yah right - if he does tho you can't really do anything)

If a thief just doormatted when he was caught on my property, it'll still be one of the last fluid momevents he'll be able to make with his upper body. When the cops get there, who's to say he didn't attack me?

Thieves piss me off like nothing else. When they broke into my garage, they didn't just steal shit, but trashed a lot of stuff too. I mean, if you're not stealing it, why bother breaking it? :banghead:

keivie, I hope you find these guys. Some of these shitbags in society.... :rolleyes:

Khyron
07-18-2003, 03:04 PM
One of my instructors was a bouncer for several years and he saw a curbing once (across the street) - said it was about the nastiest things he's seen. I felt ill just hearing about it.

And yah, if he gives up I'd still thrash on him - it's just not legal. But I can handle a first-offense assault charge. :)

Khyron

Ekliptix
07-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Sorry, to hear that. My teg was robbed from once.

I'm glad I live in the country

cocoabrova
07-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hear man:(

Abom
07-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
sorry to hear that Kev, for the people who don't have alarms, you guys should get one NOW.

I agree. An alarm was the FIRST thing I got my for any of my cars when I bought them. The alarm on my little hatchback came to a grand total of around $2000, money WELL spent in my books.

Ben
07-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Abom

I agree. An alarm was the FIRST thing I got my for any of my cars when I bought them. The alarm on my little hatchback came to a grand total of around $2000, money WELL spent in my books.

how could you possibly spend $2000 on a car alarm? WHat does it do better than a $500 compustar, suck your dong while you drive? LOL. Money well wasted IMO.

Abom
07-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Ben
how could you possibly spend $2000 on a car alarm? WHat does it do better than a $500 compustar, suck your dong while you drive? LOL. Money well wasted IMO.

Instant inner ear pain within 1 second. Sit in my car for 8 seconds and your ear drums will explode. Lean under the dash for 4 seconds and same result. Trunk for 11 seconds and again, same result.

Basically, if someone tries to steal my CD deck or something, they're going deaf, permanently.

Hash_man
07-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Instant inner ear pain within 1 second. Sit in my car for 8 seconds and your ear drums will explode. Lean under the dash for 4 seconds and same result. Trunk for 11 seconds and again, same result.

Basically, if someone tries to steal my CD deck or something, they're going deaf, permanently.

HAHAHAHA... thats awesome :rofl:

Abom
07-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
HAHAHAHA... thats awesome :rofl:

Yep, I had shit stolen once from me before, pissed me off like nothing else, so from now on my cars get only the best I can possibly buy security wise.

audipower
07-18-2003, 06:02 PM
very sorry to hear about your situation :(

some people have no respect at all for other people's property

kevie88
07-18-2003, 06:41 PM
I could use another h22a throttlebody if anyone knows of one for sale..

ecstasy_civic
07-19-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
*EDIT* my roommate will be home and armed to the motherfucking teeth while I'm gone *edit*

just wanted to let you know, after reading about your sad story i was feeling pretty bad, but this comment made me laugh, sorry to hear what happens but i seriously hope your roomate boot fucks those guys.

ninspeed
07-19-2003, 01:15 AM

\

:bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

ecstasy_civic
07-19-2003, 01:16 AM
what kind of car is this in? it isnt one of those POS cars where the alarm is worth more than the car is it???

lammer
07-19-2003, 01:41 AM

........i wonder how loud your arm/disarm beep is then..

redbeast
07-19-2003, 02:04 AM
Shit man sorry to hear that. I hate freaken thieves!!!! Why can't they earn shit like every other person? Well I hope you some how find your stuff cause its probably being sold now as we speak. My car got broken into before and the previous car before that had shit stolen too. If I ever find out who these assholes are someone better notify next of kin. Can't own anything nice nowadays.

Fluidic
07-20-2003, 02:41 AM

You ARE aware the thieves know about those little sirens and most likely have equipment to counteract the effects. IE: ear plugs or some form of sound retardation ear muffs.

Peter

ramminghard
07-20-2003, 02:52 AM
when i built my sub box as i put the carpet on i put razor blades around the edges. if anyone tried to steal tat sub they would have sliced up their hands pretty good.

nismodrifter
07-20-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard
when i built my sub box as i put the carpet on i put razor blades around the edges. if anyone tried to steal tat sub they would have sliced up their hands pretty good.

sorry to say...but there have been incidents where the robber gets his hands cut bad on these razors when trying to steal the item....and then THEY sue the owner of the car

yes it may sound stupid but it has happened....

fcuk_it
07-20-2003, 03:01 AM
what would they sue them for???

TrevorK
07-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

sorry to say...but there have been incidents where the robber gets his hands cut bad on these razors when trying to steal the item....and then THEY sue the owner of the car

yes it may sound stupid but it has happened....

Or they decide it's a good time to trash the rest of your car for doing that too them.

Khyron
07-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Or you forget about the razors and sell the car. THEN get a lawsuit a few weeks later.

I'm all for maiming and disfiguring thieves, or using plexiglass windows/flame thrower car alarms but you gotta remember paramedics, firemen, next owners, etc...

Khyron