PDA

View Full Version : What has Calgary come to?

dregs
07-25-2008, 02:52 AM
Yes we all hear time and time again about the increase of "gang activity" within Calgary its almost become a broken record. But this isn't to rant about that, this has to do with the increased paranoia that comes along with it. I went to Cowboys recently and was greeted at the door with some buffoon telling me that there was a Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy, Affliction ban and that I had to turn my shirt inside out before i entered. I mean I know for the most part they have all been overplayed and tacky but the CA shirt I was wearing was pretty plain so of course I replied with the 'are you fucking serious'. He explained to me that 'Gang members' wear those brands so they dont let anyone wearing it in. What I found pretty amusing was the fact that all they do is make you turn it inside out... What the fuck does that do the "gang members" they are still going to get in accept for the fact that now they look like goofs with their shirts inside out which is fucking retarded and just more of a piss off... What the fuck has this city come to where venues must ban specific clothing as the problem solver to violence. I mean I didn't really give a fuck what I was wearing out I just grabbed the quickest shit I could its just a god damn t shirt... Anyway I was just curious if Cowboys is implementing this new 'BAN' if any other places are as well so I can get an idea of what I can wear downtown these days... I mean I don't usually wear that shit anymore because of how every douche bag has it, but still... Im lazy as fuck and don't wanna look like some dumb fuck who cant dress himself with an inside out shirt.

Kavy
07-25-2008, 03:06 AM
You said it yourself, douche's wear those shirts.

You turn it inside out and the bouncers can see you if anything goes down.

I purposely wear a black dress shirt when I go out now so I don't have to deal with any drama, then again I go out once a year if that because im far from 18 and have learned there is much better things to do with my time and money.

Only thing you get from a club is a little lighter in the pocket and the occasional STD :rofl:

snowboard
07-25-2008, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by dregs
Yes we all hear time and time again about the increase of "gang activity" within Calgary its almost become a broken record. But this isn't to rant about that, this has to do with the increased paranoia that comes along with it. I went to Cowboys recently and was greeted at the door with some buffoon telling me that there was a Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy, Affliction ban and that I had to turn my shirt inside out before i entered. I mean I know for the most part they have all been overplayed and tacky but the CA shirt I was wearing was pretty plain so of course I replied with the 'are you fucking serious'. He explained to me that 'Gang members' wear those brands so they dont let anyone wearing it in. What I found pretty amusing was the fact that all they do is make you turn it inside out... What the fuck does that do the "gang members" they are still going to get in accept for the fact that now they look like goofs with their shirts inside out which is fucking retarded and just more of a piss off... What the fuck has this city come to where venues must ban specific clothing as the problem solver to violence. I mean I didn't really give a fuck what I was wearing out I just grabbed the quickest shit I could its just a god damn t shirt... Anyway I was just curious if Cowboys is implementing this new 'BAN' if any other places are as well so I can get an idea of what I can wear downtown these days... I mean I don't usually wear that shit anymore because of how every douche bag has it, but still... Im lazy as fuck and don't wanna look like some dumb fuck who cant dress himself with an inside out shirt.

do i know you
i chatted with a homeboy about this at cowboys tonight lol

dregs
07-25-2008, 03:32 AM
ah ah ah were you reppin the affliction or what
Ye I went tonight it was fucking hurt I probably talked to 20 people about it because so many dumb bitches would come up seeing the tag sticking out that back of my shirt asking if I was doing it for a reason... like what the fuck obviously im not going to wear a shirt inside out on purpose... good thing I was smashed from those 25 cent demons
damn im gonna miss them...

szw
07-25-2008, 04:57 AM
What gangs are these brands associated with? I've never even heard of them or seen them.

finboy
07-25-2008, 06:15 AM
solution, don't go to that shit-hole, ever

Kona9
07-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Maybe they used "gangs" as an excuse because they truly don't know how to get the mass wave of "My new haircut" douches in said clothing to stop guidoing around their bar.

Good on them!!

I think I am going to make my own CA shirt. I will borrow my 7 year old sisters newest black t-shirt and glue some tinfoil all over it in cool skull shapes and shitty lettering. I would test the theory of them letting me in with it, but it only took me two visits 6 years ago to know Cowboys is a dung pile for crazy kids.

To each their own I guess.

Toms-SC
07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Wicked story

[GaGe]
07-25-2008, 08:10 AM
What I found pretty amusing was the fact that all they do is make you turn it inside out... What the fuck does that do the "gang members" they are still going to get in accept for the fact that now they look like goofs with their shirts inside out which is fucking retarded and just more of a piss off...

they would probably tell the 'gangsters' to go home and change instead of letting them flip their shirts inside out. just another excuse to reject people without being accused of discrimination. similar to how the clubs used the 'under 25' rule. they would still let in most people under 25 except for the 'gangsters'.

i guess they've had this rule in vancouver for a few weeks already.

Source (http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=07bf8c97-dd4e-4edd-a755-acebc7ade788&k=69749)

maybe they'll put a ban on specific jeans too. that'll really keep the gangsters out. :rolleyes:

I mean I don't usually wear that shit anymore because of how every douche bag has it, but still... Im lazy as fuck and don't wanna look like some dumb fuck who cant dress himself with an inside out shirt.

ahaha stfu ur the biggest douche bag i know :rofl:

jdmXSI
07-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Lets just be happy that were not in England/UK. They have banned hats in pubs so the CCTV camras can have a clear shot of you all the time and i heard they did the same with Burberry over ther as well...

Sadboy
07-25-2008, 09:41 AM
this ban has been in vancouver for awhile

JAYMEZ
07-25-2008, 09:46 AM
As an old doormen at probably the biggest gang hang out club.. We did look at the clothing style people chose to wore, and yes CA and Affliction type people caused us alot of problems.. You should go to Vancouver ,they wont even let those people in!

Alot of gang members (White juice monkey drug dealers w/ gucci murses) seemed to be starting all the fights in the clubs , now it has got worse and worse.

As for the new cboys , the crowd is alot different than the old one.. Alot of biker gang members go down there , and it will become more and more violent.

[GaGe]
07-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
As an old doormen at probably the biggest gang hang out club.. We did look at the clothing style people chose to wore, and yes CA and Affliction type people caused us alot of problems.. You should go to Vancouver ,they wont even let those people in!

Alot of gang members (White juice monkey drug dealers w/ gucci murses) seemed to be starting all the fights in the clubs , now it has got worse and worse.

As for the new cboys , the crowd is alot different than the old one.. Alot of biker gang members go down there , and it will become more and more violent.

is the ban really necessary though? the gangsters are just gonna start wearing other clothes to the club and get in with no problems. just makes it inconvenient for alot of people.

DNSRadio
07-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by finboy
solution, don't go to that shit-hole, ever

hahah
agreed.

JAYMEZ
07-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

is the ban really necessary though? the gangsters are just gonna start wearing other clothes to the club and get in with no problems. just makes it inconvenient for alot of people.

Well alot of the gangsters who do start stuff , want to show off there money to prove to others they are ballers.. So right now i think the CA shirts at almost $200 per shirt are at the top of gangsters baller list.. for now.. Im sure it will change.. But you have nooooooo idea how many people wearing affliction shirts that I have kicked out lol

snowboard
07-25-2008, 11:28 AM

dude
it was like a fucking Junior high ESL party there last night.
so fuckin gay haha. there was alot asian hardcore looking people but im pretty sure they were just the ones that look it. no old biker dudes though. but damn i will miss the draft too. i couldnt get out of bed this morning.

barmanjay
07-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

Only thing you get from a club is a little lighter in the pocket and the occasional STD :rofl:

You cheating bastard!!! :D

drtoohotty1
07-25-2008, 11:41 AM

Hey Jaymez so your a bouncer at cowboys? Just curious always good to meet new faces there and having a bouncer on your side doesnt hurt either :D

snowboard
07-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1

Hey Jaymez so your a bouncer at cowboys? Just curious always good to meet new faces there and having a bouncer on your side doesnt hurt either :D

no i think he WAS at whiskey?

JAYMEZ
07-25-2008, 11:43 AM
^^ Nope was a doormen at Whiskey. Alot of my friends work at Cboys.

ExtraSlow
07-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Solution 1 - Stop going to douchebag clubs
Solution 2 - Stop wearing douchebag clothes when you do go to douchebag clubs.

Either one will work.

badatusrnames
07-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Either one will work.

:werd:

And stop wearing douchebag clothes in general...

Jlude
07-25-2008, 12:15 PM

Either one will work.

#1 will give best results

jdmSiR
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
good read

teg_boya
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by jdmSiR
good read

403Gemini
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM

I cant wait for the bikers to start beating the hell out of the pretty boy guidos :clap:

G-Suede
07-25-2008, 12:36 PM

Sorry, but that's no different than it was before.

Originally posted by drtoohotty1

Please remove penis from lips. :thumbsup:

dregs
07-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by G-Suede
Please remove penis from lips. :thumbsup:
lmfao :nut:

So Roadhouse has also implemented this TSHIRT BAN as well?!?!
Some 'broski' told me last night that I should go there because I wouldn't be discriminated against and could flaunt my 'ballerness' in peace repping the christian audigier... I lol'd

All I can say is I hope those faggot murse fanny pack peices of shit are getting the boot too!

finboy
07-25-2008, 04:09 PM

Either one will work.

+1

Rat Fink
07-25-2008, 04:55 PM

dregs
07-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Awww man, I was just about to order my first affliction shirt online.

I was going to get all jacked up, shave my head, and buy a whole wardrobe of affliction clothing. I thought I'd look so cool when I go to watch the UFC fights in the pubs. People would see me and think "damn, maybe he's in the UFC?" and then I could drink until I'm loser pissed and pick fights with people smaller than me and the whole world would start showing respect. Fuck, I'm always late for this shit.

LMFAO

Seems like nothing is going your way... Not only will you not be able to wear those shirts out to pubs to watch UFC, but the UFC has officially banned Affliction so the fighters wont even be wearing it anymore... So you cant even look like them. THIS JUST SUCKS.

Yo man you should just order Tap Out and Sprawl for the meantime until 'Gang members' start wearing them too... and they get banned as well.

RATM
07-26-2008, 11:17 AM
lawl @ douches going to cowboys wearing fag clothes

kerry
07-27-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm a douchebag :dunno:

Kobe
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM

lmfao :nut:

So Roadhouse has also implemented this TSHIRT BAN as well?!?!
Some 'broski' told me last night that I should go there because I wouldn't be discriminated against and could flaunt my 'ballerness' in peace repping the christian audigier... I lol'd

All I can say is I hope those faggot murse fanny pack peices of shit are getting the boot too!
You can still wear it at Roadhouse...

ZorroAMG
07-27-2008, 03:42 PM
LMAO @ the homos that wear Ed Hardy and the rest of that ugly shit.

Makes me want to punch my own face in when I see you turds out and about.