PDA

View Full Version : Cardel Homes walk a mile in her shoes?... What a freaking joke!!!

fruster8ed
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM
In my opinion "Walk a mile in her shoes" is a joke! In fact in my opinion Cardel Homes in itself is a joke, and the biggest fraud this city has seen for a "community supporter".

This s a quote from walkamile.ca

"No woman should have to choose between shelter and food for her children, but that's a sad reality of life in Canada for thousands of women who can't find affordable housing."

In May of 2002, my ex and myself signed a purchase agreement with Cardel Homes. The terms of the agreement "none- this is a firm and binding agreement".

The ex left in September of 2002 the ex left, and we were two months away from the closing of the property. On October 2, 2002 he went and got another mortgage in his name only, after he talked to the same mortgage broker who gave us the first mortgage (who informed him that she could not take me off the mortgage without selling my interest to him... in which I never did). As of October 16th, 2002 I was still listed on the property as a homeowner, but somewhere in between October 16, 2002 and November 19, 2002... my name disappeared.

In affidavits filed at the Court of Queen's Bench (in which the original purchase agreement was filed)... first one he acknowledged that our joint money was invested in that property. (But he keeps changing lawyers and forgets what stories he has already told), an in an Affidavit filed July 25, 2006... he acknowledged that he purchased the home from Cardel Homes, and attached a letter from Cardel's lawyer with him listed as the only purchaser.

In my opinion it sounds like he obtained a second purchase agreement from Cardel. The thing that tops this all.... an employee of Cardel homes bought the house, as well as a real estate agent, but the real estate agent hid the sale under his wife's and mother in law's name (maybe to dodge Revenue Canada).

All in all.... what it comes down to it... Cardel Homes, along with my ex.... chose to leave my children and myself homeless. I didn't get to choose between shelter and bills...they chose for me. In this case they chose profit over the well being of children and a mother. Is this walk a case of guilt? They started this walk after they did what they did to my children and myself.

I am going to file a criminal complaint against Cardel, my ex, and everyone involved. Just food for thought of how untrustworthy they are. This is my reason for disliking Cardel Homes, do I sound bitter? You bet I do... forget about me, but my children were 8, 5 and 4 at the time... it's what they did to my children. For that I want to see people pay for what they did to my children.

Masked Bandit
09-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Ummmmm, Some of your story is pretty hard to follow but FWIW, after we built with Cardel (took 1.5 years) I will never do anything that sends a single penny their way or promotes their name.

Sorry to hear that your got screwed around but that seems to be the way of Cardel.

:thumbsdow

ZorroAMG
09-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Is there a question here somewhere?

This isn't a blog.....everyone knows home builders are sheisters. :rofl: :rofl:

LadyLuck
09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
sadly, people still buy into this shit

fruster8ed
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry about that, I guess my question would be how Cardel systematically decide that it's okay to leave three children, and their mother homeless... all in the name of profit? If there was a second purchase agreement... they are guilty of fraud. Would they not be? My money was in that entire deal as well. Would you consider them hypocrites after leaving us without a home, and now they are trying to help women who struggle with housing? I struggled financially after they breached a contract, that left my children and myself without a home.

DeeK
09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
So She has the house in his name?

Or is she actually a he?

The use of Him and Her properly are quite difficult.

I have no idea what you were trying to say there.

Also, what does your lawyers screwing you have to do with cardel's walk a mile in her shoes and woman's shelters?

DeeK
09-17-2008, 03:15 PM
It's not Cardel's job to make sure everyone buys their house. They make the house, you pay for the house, you live in the house... thats the ONLY obligations they have or any homebuilder for that matter.

If they were to just give away houses to people that were homeless, they would be out of business.

Secondly, this whole process has NOTHING to do with cardel, it's your lawyers that screwed up. or at least what I understand of your story anyways.

Boosted_TL
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Sorry about your loss.

But lets be honest here. Going up against Ryan Oakey and Cardel Homes in court?! That will be a fail.

Money prevails unforchunately

Weapon_R
09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Do you have a lawyer? It sounds like you don't have the capacity to challenge this in court by yourself and you'll need a lawyer to do much of the legwork for you. This is a pretty common issue and there are some remedies available.

Melinda
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Good God OP, you need a hug. Cardel homes is only the sponsor of the event. The charity is for the YWCA and their woman's shelter facilities. It has nothing to do with your whining story about your ex being a douche bag. Regular citizens (as well as city officials, company executives and local celebrities) raise their own money (similar to a cancer walk or anything like that) and the money raised goes to the YWCA. Cardel doesn't take the cash and do a happy dance all the way to the money rainbow. I think it's a fantastic event and funny as hell to watch. My brother participated last year and is going to be doing the same this year.

And trust me, Cardel probably didn't have a record of your life history sitting infront of them when all of this was happening. I'm willing to bet a good chunk of money that Mr. Cardel salesperson didnt sit there saying "hmmmm, her name is _____. I knew a _____ once and she was a bitch. I see she has 3 young kids. I know, a great way to get revenge on the bitchy _____ I used to know is to deliberately screw over this _______. BWAHAHAHA!" Get over yourself. You should have stayed on top of what was happening with your house, especially if you have a vindictive asshole as an ex.

Your ex probably said you guys were pulling out of the deal due to separation. It happens all the time, that's how we got our house, someone else walked away from it. He probably said he'd purchase it on his own instead and that's why a second agreement was drafted without your name. Take him to court all you want to get your investment back, but it doesn't do a damn bit of good to blame a charity event for your situation. :rolleyes:

JAYMEZ
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
You need to re-read your post , it doesnt make much sense at all.

Melinda
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
You made an account on a CAR FORUM to post your "woe-is-me" woman rantings about a local charity event's sponsor? You seriously need a life, troll.

fruster8ed
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I will simplify this as much as I can... Two mortgages (because Cardel won't break ground without word from their lawyer that the mortgage is in place). First one was in place May, and the second one appeared in October without my name on it. One purchase agreement in May, and the ex implied that there is a second one, but that would have had to happen between October 16, and November 19. I did keep tabs on the house, but apparently was completely lied to.

It was also Cardel's lawyer who closed the purchase of the house, because you get to use their lawyer for free on closing.

I don't have a lawyer, because I can't afford one.

I am going to file a police report against with the commercial crimes division. A Justice from the Court of Queen's said that what happened here was fraud.

It amazes me how someone will get upset with someone when they expose a company for the wrong doings that they do, but get upset at what the regular average person will do to someone else.

fruster8ed
09-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Don't get me wrong... I understand there are people out there who honestly need help, and I respect that organizations do throw their names behind them, and give big cash donations. But in this case... I strongly believe that Cardel are a bunch of hypocrites in this situation. They are the ones who caused my situation by ignoring the laws that were set in place to protect me.

rage2
09-17-2008, 04:17 PM
So if I read this right...

You have an agreement to buy the house under your name and your ex's name.

Your ex talks to cardel homes, probably says you broke up, and want to buy the place himself.

Your ex decides not to buy on the initial agreement. Deposit is forfeited.

Your ex starts a new agreement, and buys it himself.

So my question is, did the new agreement have a lower price than the original agreement? Or did you ex fully forfeit the deposit? If he gave up the deposit, you're SOL, and really, can only sue him for the deposit.

If the price is lower to reflect that deposit, then you may have something, but honestly, you'd be wasting a lot of $ for anything under $15k (on your share of the deposit) because it'll take a lot of $ for lawyers to prove that's what happened, especially with softening housing prices.

EK 2.0
09-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by fruster8ed

They started this walk after they did what they did to my children and myself.

So...you are a single mother??

Hi, my name is Arif...it's a pleasure to meet you...

Originally posted by Boosted_TL

Money prevails unforchunately

So does spelling...

fruster8ed
09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
No the ex took the intial deposit of 24,300 dollars that we put down on the house, and according to paperwork that he supplied the court for our case... the deposit was supposedly what he solely paid, but acknowledges that it was joint monies. LOL.... he is intellectually challenged at times.

JRSC00LUDE
09-17-2008, 04:42 PM
^

Does your ex have an account on here by chance? Or is the local legend that is "Beyond" becoming this well known? Not being a prick (no, really guys!) just curious as to what brought you here. :dunno:

fruster8ed
09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I honestly don't know if the ex has an account on here. I googled complaints against Cardel, and this site came up a few times...lol.

I have finally been able to put most of my life back in order, and am now ready to take on the fight, and try to make what was done wrong; right again.

I also don't want the same thing to happen to anyone else... man or women. It's not fair to anyone.

tabouli
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
Good God OP, you need a hug.

Wrong.

OP needs a room with no internet.

rage2
09-17-2008, 04:56 PM
No the ex took the intial deposit of 24,300 dollars that we put down on the house, and according to paperwork that he supplied the court for our case... the deposit was supposedly what he solely paid, but acknowledges that it was joint monies. LOL.... he is intellectually challenged at times.
Was the account that it was paid from under his name? Or was it a joint account?

I'm an expert when it comes to common law and divorce laws, so I can give you some sound advice as to who you should blame/sue/go after.

fruster8ed
09-17-2008, 05:04 PM
We sold a house, and got an interm loan to put down on the house until the closing the house we sold to buy this particular house. Then the remainder of the balance that was left over was deposited into our joint account. He did write the cheques to Cardel, but transfered the money out of our joint account. I still have the paperwork to prove that.

dino_martini
09-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
You need to re-read your post , it doesnt make much sense at all.

:werd:

Boosted_TL
09-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

So...you are a single mother??

Hi, my name is Arif...it's a pleasure to meet you...

So does spelling...

:rofl: Whatever, its a car forum, not a Webster's Dictionary entry!

syscal
09-18-2008, 08:17 AM
You made an account on a CAR FORUM to post your "woe-is-me" woman rantings about a local charity event's sponsor? You seriously need a life, troll.

Considering you have your business in your signature you should really be careful how you respond to people's posts regardless of whether you agree with them or not. You're not leaving yourself as an anonymous opinion here.

Beyond is a portal to a large community whose majority audience lives and works in cities where Cardel builds.

You'll note this was placed in a Lounge>General area of the forum. The one right below the Real Estate portion, in the section that has basically nothing to do with cars.

Beyond has a registered audience of about 38550 people according to the member list. Add on whatever percentage of lurkers you think might work and you have quite the crowd to post your concerns to.

It's not just a car forum anymore.

bubbley
09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Somebody help this woman!

em2ab
09-18-2008, 09:10 AM
How many other forums did you post this on?

Melinda
09-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by syscal

Considering you have your business in your signature you should really be careful how you respond to people's posts regardless of whether you agree with them or not. You're not leaving yourself as an anonymous opinion here.

Beyond is a portal to a large community whose majority audience lives and works in cities where Cardel builds.

You'll note this was placed in a Lounge>General area of the forum. The one right below the Real Estate portion, in the section that has basically nothing to do with cars.

Beyond has a registered audience of about 38550 people according to the member list. Add on whatever percentage of lurkers you think might work and you have quite the crowd to post your concerns to.

It's not just a car forum anymore.
:rofl: Thanks for the lecture. Having been on here for 6 years, I had no idea...

People don't hire my personal opinions, they hire my talent. If me telling a woman she's being a troll for signing up on any forum (not just a car forum) purely just to rant and stir the pot with an incoherant post that points a lot to her being largely at fault and blaming people who have nothing to do with her troubles (ie: a great charity event that benefits a lot of needy people in this city) is enough for someone to cross me off a list of possible photographers they want to use some day, I'm alright with that. If it was a guy who had come on here whining about his ex and bitching that his own failure to stay on top of a situation as important as his house had caused this, you guys would be all over him and telling him to wipe the sand out of his vagina. But now because I say something to the same effect to a woman, I'm the bad guy? Give me an F-ing break.

Tik-Tok
09-18-2008, 10:00 AM
http://media.pegasusnews.com/img/categories/HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg

syscal
09-18-2008, 10:15 AM
:rofl: Thanks for the lecture. Having been on here for 6 years, I had no idea...

You made an account on a CAR FORUM to post your "woe-is-me" woman rantings about a local charity event's sponsor? You seriously need a life, troll

:dunno: You said it was the wrong place to post because it's a CAR FORUM...

As for the rest...You're defensive like you do work for Cardel...your response seemed out of line to me, but that's my opinion. :whocares:

Eleanor
09-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
:rofl: Whatever, it's a car forum, not a Webster's Dictionary entry!
;)

Euro838
09-18-2008, 10:21 AM

People don't hire my personal opinions, they hire my talent. If me telling a woman she's being a troll for signing up on any forum (not just a car forum) purely just to rant and stir the pot with an incoherant post that points a lot to her being largely at fault and blaming people who have nothing to do with her troubles (ie: a great charity event that benefits a lot of needy people in this city) is enough for someone to cross me off a list of possible photographers they want to use some day, I'm alright with that. If it was a guy who had come on here whining about his ex and bitching that his own failure to stay on top of a situation as important as his house had caused this, you guys would be all over him and telling him to wipe the sand out of his vagina. But now because I say something to the same effect to a woman, I'm the bad guy? Give me an F-ing break.

Growwwwl! I like her....

Anyways, to the OP, it's unfortunate what has happened to you. Even though some of it can be attributed to the lack to due diligence on your part but in your defense, managing 3 children and putting your trust in your ex is probably something you were hoping wouldn't come back to bite you.

As Rage2 has mentioned, you should really figure out the financial benefit of going through the whole court process because it will probably mentally drain you and if the result (financially) is not beneficial, you may be better off just moving on. I know there's the principal of it all, but it's going to happen again regardless of what you do. Half of our economy is based on people getting screwed*!!!

My opinion would be to spend the efforts to improve yours and your children's lives rather than trying to correct the past.

Chalk this up as a live lesson and move on!

Jlude
09-18-2008, 10:29 AM

You're one tough cookie.

fruster8ed
09-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I would first like to say that I did keep on top of things, I was making decisions on the property right up until the final papers were signed... and after we had split.

As for Melinda, she deals with contracts with her clients, and if she were to get screwed... she would hold them to the contract. If what my ex said in Court documents is true that there was a second purchase agreement (and judging by the paperwork that I have seen and he has submitted to the court).... Cardel Homes sold the same property twice, and that is a criminal offence.

This is why I have a meeting with the Commercial Crimes Division with CPS this week. After I make my criminal complaint I will be talking to them. If the average joe commits a fraud... they are punished. So should Ryan Ockey, and whomever else was involved... I don't care if they apart of a big corporation, or doing charity now.

All I was saying was that Cardel didn't care about this single mother, and her children when they put profit before the welfare and well being of three children. Bryan Logal (VP) was more concerned about this being put out to the public than to even try to help. In my opinion these are the actions of a spineless worms, who try to justify what they did to my family by starting a charity event.

A good example is: Conrad Black thought he was above the law, and look at where he is now?

Melinda
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
:dunno: You said it was the wrong place to post because it's a CAR FORUM...

As for the rest...You're defensive like you do work for Cardel...your response seemed out of line to me, but that's my opinion. :whocares:
Haha no, I think I made it pretty clear who I support on this one...the charity and event she's bad mouthing and blaming for her problems. It's an event our family has played a roll in for the last two years and her whining has nothing to do with the YWCA. Guess what? If she really was homeless, they'd take her and her three kids in and help them.

Cardel can take a leap for all I care, I know nothing about them, but it doesn't sound like there is really all that much to blame on them for her ex going behind her back being a douche bag.

So sorry you think I'm out of line, but that's the beauty of a public forum, we're allowed to disagree. I might have more sympathy for her if she were blaming the right people and explaining her story a little better, but it truly does sound like the incoherant bitter ramblings of a woman who chose a loser for a boyfriend/husband and is now paying the price. She should hire a lawyer instead of mucking up the reputation of a fantastic charity event.

Melinda
09-18-2008, 10:46 AM
All I was saying was that Cardel didn't care about this single mother, and her children when they put profit before the welfare and well being of three children. Bryan Logal (VP) was more concerned about this being put out to the public than to even try to help. In my opinion these are the actions of a spineless worms, who try to justify what they did to my family by starting a charity event.
:rolleyes: As I said in a previous post: CARDEL DOESN'T KNOW YOUR LIFE STORY. THEY DIDN'T READ YOUR FILE, KNOW YOU WERE A SINGLE MOTHER WITH THREE KIDS AND DELIBERATELY SCREW YOU OVER. THEY ARE A BUSINESS. THEY DID WHAT BUSINESSES DO. PERSONAL PROBLEMS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR EX ARE NOT THEIRS TO HANDLE.

dannie
09-18-2008, 10:58 AM
"To try to justify what they did to my family by starting a charity event"

Wow.... you certainly think a lot of yourself. You are assuming that Cardel knew all about the situation that YOU got yourself into. You are assuming that they started this charity event for you. That they sat behind closed doors and said "hey, we need a charity event. Lets screw this woman over and use that as an excuse to start a charity." You are not that important to them.

I agree with Melinda here. You made the choice to get involved with a douchebag and now you and your kids are dealing with the aftermath of that bad choice. You cant blame a home building company for the shitty choices you made.

** and if you truly were on top of the things that were going on, you wouldn't be in this mess.

syscal
09-18-2008, 10:59 AM
:thumbsup: It's pretty obvious you have personal involvement somewhere in there Melinda.

If you re-read her posts I think you'll see that she is saying Cardel doesn't give a shit, not the Charity itself.

But keeping that in mind, the charity has Cardel's name on it and if they are supporting in dollars and cents and not in principle then you have a problem.

Would be interesting to see this played out.

If it were me I would contact the press.

Cardel would release a statement and show how they are making things right...that an employee acted on his own against company policy, they are nullifying the contact and refunding money even though they could legally keep the deposit, etc...and then everything would eventually fix itself.

or...the charity would lose credibility...

...or...they would prove this lady is a crackpot and a victim of her own circumstance and they are very sorry for her loss but can't control the buyers of their homes and their personal lives...everything would work itself out again. The lawyers involved in the sale an purchase can't do anything illegal or condone illegal activity.

in any case if Cardel is, in fact, the shifty one in this situation and doesn't do something to correct it you can pretty much kiss the charity good-bye...assuming it hits the press.

or this will all go away quietly and disappear in the history of this forum as just another rant post.

There is so much we don't know I don't think we can make a judgement either way. People have minds of their own. Unless this hits the paper with real evidence and facts I really don't think it's going to go very far.

Melinda
09-18-2008, 11:05 AM
:thumbsup: It's pretty obvious you have personal involvement somewhere in there Melinda.
I never denied it. Go back and read my first post in this thread. I clearly state that my family has participated in this event and that the YWCA doesn't deserve the slander.

TKRIS
09-18-2008, 11:15 AM

:rolleyes: As I said in a previous post: CARDEL DOESN'T KNOW YOUR LIFE STORY. THEY DIDN'T READ YOUR FILE, KNOW YOU WERE A SINGLE MOTHER WITH THREE KIDS AND DELIBERATELY SCREW YOU OVER. THEY ARE A BUSINESS. THEY DID WHAT BUSINESSES DO. PERSONAL PROBLEMS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR EX ARE NOT THEIRS TO HANDLE.

No shit.
It's not like Cardel executive were sitting in their penthouse conference room, rubbing their hands together maniacally and getting aroused at the thought of screwing you over. This is fucking business. If they did wrong, then so be it, but to tie some sob boo-fucking-hoo human interest story to it, and then sully the name of a established and well intentioned charity makes you look like a fucking flake. You being a single mom has no bearing on how Cardel does business, nor should it. And without a proper backstory, which I certainly wouldn't be giving out on a place like this, you'll get no sympathy just for being a single mom, because none of us know how that came about. For all we know, you were fucking the postman, gorging on bon-bons, and blowing the mortgage on LV handbags...

Leave your personal woes at the door unless you want them judged as well.

We really need to do something to stop Kritafo from inviting anymore people from her quilt group to Beyond...

syscal
09-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS

No shit.
It's not like Cardel executive were sitting in their penthouse conference room, rubbing their hands together maniacally and getting aroused at the thought of screwing you over.

In the end they are responsible for any and all transactions done withing their organization no matter how small. Regardless of whether they were aware of it.

That being said, I'm not saying they've done anything wrong. We don't know this as fact yet.

From what I've seen, there are enough loopholes in the personal finance world that when a divorce or seperation happens people can get screwed over and still have everything being on the "inside of the law".

If she's right and Cardel did something illegal with her ex, then half of you are assholes for your posts.

If she's wrong, and Cardel was on the up and up and her ex is the douche by himself, then half of you are justified and she's the asshole.

I think it would benifit us all if we kept our opinions to ourselves until we knew all the facts. And that applies to the OP as well.

But then again...what would an internet forum be without opinionated people!

fruster8ed
09-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Please let me reiterate, I have nothing against helping people who need help. I was there at one time in my life, and I was lucky to have family and friends to help me. I would never wish that on anyone because I know how hard it is to get back up on your feet.

I was not bashing the charity, if you read carefully... I was bashing the hypocrisy of Cardel.

I support the YWCA and what they are doing!!!

GingeRRRBeef
09-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Please let me reiterate, I have nothing against helping people who need help. I was there at one time in my life, and I was lucky to have family and friends to help me. I would never wish that on anyone because I know how hard it is to get back up on your feet.

I was not bashing the charity, if you read carefully... I was bashing the hypocrisy of Cardel.

You're one thick headed woman.

You still have no idea what people are trying to tell you eh?

The_Rural_Juror
09-18-2008, 11:51 AM

Cardel hates black people.

You ARE black, right?

TKRIS
09-18-2008, 11:51 AM
If she's right and Cardel did something illegal with her ex, then half of you are assholes for your posts.

If she's wrong, and Cardel was on the up and up and her ex is the douche by himself, then half of you are justified and she's the asshole.

I disagree.

I certainly said nothing in defence of Cardel. I just don't think it's honest to taint a business complaint with an appeal for sympathy based on unknowns.
Make a thread about the transaction, or about how shitty your life is, but don't try to cloud one with the other and give no specifics on either.

Want an opinion on your case against Cardel? Give all the specifics required to make an informed decision. There are people here that will be able to give pretty good answers. But you being a single mother has shit fuck all to do with anything in this case, and the only reason I can see for bringing it up is to construct a bereaved victim image and garner sympathy.

As far as hypocracy, you haven't provided enough of anything to even determine if Cardel is in the wrong here. As far as I can tell, you think that in order to be a sponsor for this type of event, they have some sort of obligation to make business decisions based on the potential personal circumstances of their client's spouses? That makes no fucking sense. Why are/is your living arrangements, or you having kids, or you getting divorced, etc. any of their concern/business? Just because they sponsor a Shelter for Women charity; your problems now become their responsibility?

in*10*se
09-18-2008, 12:04 PM
*subscribed*

syscal
09-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
As far as hypocracy, you haven't provided enough of anything to even determine if Cardel is in the wrong here. As far as I can tell, you think that in order to be a sponsor for this type of event, they have some sort of obligation to make business decisions based on the potential personal circumstances of their client's spouses? That makes no fucking sense. Why are/is your living arrangements, or you having kids, or you getting divorced, etc. any of their concern/business? Just because they sponsor a Shelter for Women charity; your problems now become their responsibility?

Her point is that she thinks Cardel is involved in a criminal act against herself. In which case they are hypocrates and should be brought to justice and everything that comes with it. They (Cardel, not YWCA) would be resposible for the problems she relayed in her original posts.

The problem is that there is not enough proof here to say this is fact. So she shouldn't post anything about it until there is solid proof. Too late now, of course.

GingeRRRBeef
09-18-2008, 12:13 PM

Her point is that she thinks Cardel is involved in a criminal act against herself. In which case they are hypocrates and should be brought to justice and everything that comes with it. They (Cardel, not YWCA) would be resposible for the problems she relayed in her original posts.

The problem is that there is not enough proof here to say this is fact. So she shouldn't post anything about it until there is solid proof. Too late now, of course.

Do you realize that our problem is she thinks Cardel deliberately screwed her? And that we think her believing just because she's a single mother of 3 she should get preferential treatment and it was up to Cardel to consider her situation in the transaction is pure stupidity.

USED1
09-18-2008, 12:19 PM
This is hilarious, this stupid bitch actually thinks that Cardel supports this charity due to the events that have transpired involving her. Get off your high horse and grab a fucking brain. :banghead:

syscal
09-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

Do you realize that our problem is she thinks Cardel deliberately screwed her? And that we think her believing just because she's a single mother of 3 she should get preferential treatment and it was up to Cardel to consider her situation in the transaction is pure stupidity.

what? preferential treatment if Cardel did something criminal? I would certainly hope that if they did something criminal, (ie break the sale contract and lower the purchase price by the amount of the down payment so he can get the money and not split with her)...which is what she's accusing them of...that they would bend over backward to make things right.

I don't see what you're getting at.

I'm not supporting her here...don't get me wrong. I don't think Cardel is responsible for anything more than their contract...

I suspect Cardel is not in the wrong and that her ex found a loophole. It would be hard to believe that for a couple thousand dollars such a large organization would do something criminal.

We just bought another home and everything needed two signatures, from my wife and I. If she left me and got the house on a new contract using the original downpayment I would be seeking legal advice trying to figure out how you can break a joint contract with a single signature.

I wouldn't slander the company in public until I had all the facts, mind you.

fruster8ed
09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Let's see if I can simplify this

We sold a house, and used the profits from that house to build a new home with Cardel Homes. We signed a purchase agreement in both of our names. I attended all of the interior appointments, and selected everything for that home. I have paperwork from Cardel Custom homes to their lawyer in which states that I am one of the homeowners, and purchasers of that property. Within a month of closing of that property I was excluded as a homeowner, and a purchaser. The ex has implied by the paperwork he has provided to the Court of Queen's Bench (in affidavits as well as evidence he himself has provided) that there is a second purchase agreement. Which he has implied that Cardel Homes sold the same property twice. Even the Justice presiding over our case had said: "it sounds like a fraud has been commited here". They did not see any documentation indicating I was giving up my interest in the property. In my opinion they did screw me, because they put profit ahead of anything else, and chose to ignore the laws that were put in place to protect the consumer.

As for those of you who are choosing to swear and call me names... it leads me to believe that you are on the intellectually challenged side, and do not know how to conduct yourselves in a dignified manner.

fruster8ed
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM
There was nno loophole. The terms of the agreement were and I quote:

"none- this is a firm and binding agreement"

syscal
09-18-2008, 12:53 PM
I think you should work this out in the courts and out of the public eye until you have everything together.

If something underhanded went on then call Cardel until you can sit with the Board of Directors and let them hear your complaint. They will take it very seriously and will do whatever it takes to make things right with you and your family.

Coming here isn't doing you any good.

The problem is you presented this while slandering a company and a charity. If you were looking for advise or support you should have just stated your case and left the rest out of it.

dragonone
09-18-2008, 01:02 PM
there are no deals in this industry, you get what you pay for, and in my experience i'd rather pay more to save me the hassle and nightmares later on

Although the new house market has died down quite a bit after the price hikes from the boom, the builder's attitudes are still the same. Years ago it was, "we're too busy, surely you can understand, the market's hot and we can't keep up with the volume". Now it's ".....we're still very busy".

i have only observed this in calgary. In comparison, most ppl here in van choose smaller builders, be it they have done large projects or not. It is much easier to get a hold of ppl when problems arise, and you get much more choice in custom work. I still don't quite understand why houses in a community have to look alike, all these cookie-cutter places with the same ugly metal sidings.

throughout this year there have been many threads complaining about builders. it's almost hit-and-miss, for sure they won't make everyone happy. 10 complaints out of 1000 isn't going to deter business for them unfortunately, and I don't know of any that have led to a governing body taking any sort of action.

syscal
09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Can anyone here verify this...

1) Home is purchased with joint downpayment and two signatures.
2) Couple splits
3) Spouse goes to builder, explains sob story
4) Builder breaks contract and gives back downpayment out of the goodness of ther hearts (yes, things like this happen in real life)
5) Spouse goes back to builder and rebuys the same house under his own name
6) Build says "sure, why not"

Can this happen legally? a single party breaking the contract?

Would make sense and Cardel would be without fault. They only know what they are told. If Cardel broke the contract, including giving back the deposit which they don't have to do, can it bite them in the ass later on like in a case like this one?

TKRIS
09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
^That's what I was wondering as well.
And it isn't clear that they gave back the deposit. The only thing that clear is that wifey says she didn't get any of the money back, which isn't neccessarily relevant.

Sounds like the ex might have just kept the deposit, which may or may not be justified (despite what the courts say).

dannie
09-18-2008, 01:33 PM
The problem is this stupid woman came onto this site blaming Cardel for her crap. Based on what she is saying and on the break down that Syscal gave, she is the one at fault as is her crappy choice of a boyfriend.

Cardel does not know background info. As syscal says, they only know what they are told. If your douchebag boyfriend forged your signature to get you off the paperwork, it's not Cardels fault. If your boyfriend lied to Cardel, AGAIN, not their fault.

And as for the B.S. statement about:

"As for those of you who are choosing to swear and call me names... it leads me to believe that you are on the intellectually challenged side, and do not know how to conduct yourselves in a dignified manner;"

We aren't the ones coming onto this site slandering a charity event. You are. You are the one not acting in a dignified manner. You are blaming other people (cardel and their charity work) for crappy choices you made.

Masked Bandit
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
As I stated on the first page, I willing to blame Cardel for anything including high gas prices (I'm sure they're involved somehow). After doing business with them, anything that casts a negative shadow on their organization, whether justified or not, is fine by me.

Cardel :thumbsdow

fruster8ed
09-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I want to make it very clear that, I did not slander the YWCA! If you notice in my previous posts... I support what they are doing! Please, for those of you who do not understand that, please do so now. And Cardel is the "host" of a benefit; not a charity. I made sure of that. I stated facts, and did not slander anyone. It is not Slander when it is the truth. All of this will come out in time. I have the evidence, the affidavits (in which the ex infatically claims he purchased the home from Cardel), the original purchase agreement, and everything else I need for the police when I file my criminal complaint against them tomorrow.

dannie
09-18-2008, 02:17 PM
And I quote:

"In my opinion "Walk a mile in her shoes" is a joke"

"All I was saying was that Cardel didn't care about this single mother, and her children when they put profit before the welfare and well being of three children. Bryan Logal (VP) was more concerned about this being put out to the public than to even try to help. In my opinion these are the actions of a spineless worms, who try to justify what they did to my family by starting a charity event"

Funny, because the first line to me is a bash. You then go on to bash Cardel and your boyfriend for your issues:

"All in all.... what it comes down to it... Cardel Homes, along with my ex.... chose to leave my children and myself homeless. I didn't get to choose between shelter and bills...they chose for me. In this case they chose profit over the well being of children and a mother. Is this walk a case of guilt? They started this walk after they did what they did to my children and myself"

From there, you go on wanting to get even for what has happened to your children:

"it's what they did to my children. For that I want to see people pay for what they did to my children."

However, with all this blaming, I don't see you taking responsibility for your actions. What about you? You chose to introduce this guy into your kids life. Are you going to make up for the stupid choice you made? You say that you were on top of things, but clearly you werent. If it were my money that was involved, I would be there. I WOULD be on top of it. You werent. If you were, you wouldnt be in this mess.

Stop blaming the people around you for the things you do and take responsibilty for yourself.

TKRIS
09-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Why can't you address the questions and issues that have been brought up here?
By itself, the fact that your ex bought the house from Cardel means nothing.
By itself, the fact that there was a second purchase order means nothing.
By itself, the fact that you didn't get your share of the deposit (presuming you were even entitled to it) back means nothing.

Nothing that you've said means anything unless there's more to this than you're letting on.
If all you know is what you've posted, you have an incomplete picture that you've filled in with conjecture and speculation.

For all we know:
Your ex cancelled the contract (which he had authority to do) and Cardel either:
a) Gave the deposit back, and he then used it (which he had the authority to do) to put a new deposit down, or
b) Cardel kept the deposit and he came up with a new deposit.

Neither of these scenarios would indicate Cardel did anything wrong, IMO.

If you've got such a slam dunk case, then these questions should be easily answered.
Either put all the cards on the table, or shut up.

dannie
09-18-2008, 02:23 PM
She won't answer the questions because she won't take responsibility for her own actions. Simple as that. I hate women like this. They always blame others for their own mistakes.

fruster8ed
09-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Dannie, first of all... I didn't introduce anybody to my children... this was their own father who did this. As narrow minded as you seem to be, one would assume a father would not do anything like this to his children!

Half of it was my money, came from a jointly owned home, a joint bank account, and our RSP's.

What the ex implied in his affidavit to the court, they went ahead and made up another purchase agreement (which is illegal, and a Justice in the QB verified that it is fraud), and just transfered the deposit to the new purchase They can not cancel an agreement without written notice. It was also their obligation to make sure I was not giving up my interest in the property!

My only mistake is that I believe in laws put in place to protect the consumer. I was on top of everything, but if they are being less than honest... how do you counter when you don't know until all is said and done?

syscal
09-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Let's get this one part clear.

It's not her fault someone betrayed her.

If you think that is something people can avoid so easily then maybe it's time to move out of your mommy and daddy's basement and join the real world.

However, it may not be Cardel's fault that this happened to her. In that regard she's misplacing the responsibility and blame but I can't see how she is the one to blame for her circumstances.

Bottom line is that it's her ex that betrayed her and her ex that did all of this.

She is the victim here. She may be pointing the finger at too many people rather than just her ex by himself, but let's have a little sympathy here.

Since when do people have a clear mind in these situations.

Hindsight is an exact science...you can't expect someone to think clearly in situations like these.

Fruster8ed, I think you should just leave this thread as it stands now and don't bother checking up on it again. You are justifying yourself and your actions to an audience that clearly isn't sympathetic to your cause and there is no point to this thread anymore.

malcolmk14
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Is it possible the bank withdrew their mortgage approval based on the fact you guys split up, thus permitting the builder to break the contract with no obligation?

Also - If you guys were not married, I'm afraid you don't have much legal ground to stand on here.

Edit: also, the original Cardel contract probably states that they retain the right to cancel the agreement at any time.

Cardel is not responsible, but you may have a case to go after your ex for half of the deposit.

dannie
09-18-2008, 04:33 PM
If I were going through a split, I would be making sure everything was looked after. Especially with a new purchase of a home. I would make damn sure that whatever paperwork needed to be changed, was. I would make sure that bank accounts were secure. I could go on and on. It's common sense. Any guy that is splitting with his wife would make sure he was covered in all ways. Same with women. I do not have sympathy for people that don't take responsibility for themselves.

You would think, especially with kids, it would be even more of an importance to her to make sure she is stable financially.

In her latest post, she admits that he "implied." Clearly she doesn't have the facts and all of what she is saying at this point is what she assumes.

She also shoves the responsibility onto Cardel saying that "It was also their obligation to make sure I was not giving up my interest in the property!"

NOT THEIR PROBLEM! Its your responsibility. They only know what they are told. They aren't cops. They aren't going to hunt you down and question you about your ownership and what you want.

malcolmk14
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
scan and upload all legal documents (including purchase agreements) here for our review and we can give you a better idea of what you're looking at here.

Zigo
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm pretty sure beyond could of helped you a lot more if you posted a few pictures of yourself.

Sorry, 4 pages - someone had to say it.

Your right it is a joke! "Walk a mile in her shoes". Who the hell has a mile long kitchen?

I'm agreeing with Dannie, not their problem. Its between you and your husband.

sxtothe240
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM
im not even sure what to say.

:drama:

TomcoPDR
09-18-2008, 10:03 PM

It's not her fault someone betrayed her.

She had THREE, not one, THREE kids with him. I can't even get a chick to sleep with me for 1 night.

HE choose to screw her over, HE choose to screw his own kids over.

I think it's fair to say her Ex is not a "nice guy"... so lesson learn, tell your daughter(s) to date nice guys instead of assholes.

2EFNFAST
09-18-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but is the OP hot? If yes, I care. if not, I no care.

malcolmk14
09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
agreed, pics of OP ?

syscal
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
I think it's fair to say her Ex is not a "nice guy"... so lesson learn, tell your daughter(s) to date nice guys instead of assholes.

I have three girls...I dread the day they start dating...

Cracking skulls will be the new order of business.

Proyecto2000
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Zigo

Your right it is a joke! "Walk a mile in her shoes". Who the hell has a mile long kitchen?

:rofl: