PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2014-2015 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

88CRX
04-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
Any word on Gio making a return?

He's been skating for a while now (couple week)... he's also shooting the puck. Original schedule was out for 4-6 months and its been 2 since he got hurt :dunno:

The team won't release anything official until he's out there playing so who knows.

Gio's quote:

“I have to meet with the surgeon a bunch more times before that becomes a reality, but I feel good. I feel like hopefully the rehab is going better than expected, but it’s still a bit early for that,” Giordano said. “I really have to start gaining my strength and stuff back. Hopefully, we go really deep and then we have a decision to make afterwards, but right now it’s still a bit early.”

rage2
04-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Rewatched our 5 meetings with Anaheim to jog my memory, we definitely have to start Hiller. He's been great against the Ducks, with the exception of that one bizarro 3rd period Ducks comeback. Flames in 6 for this series. :goflames:

JRSC00LUDE
04-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Yeah Gio doesn't want to throw away next season just to try and chip in for a couple games you wouldn't think. I can't really see it as a playing possum act either. It's going to be one tough series but if they manage to split the first two, anything is possible.

killramos
04-27-2015, 01:18 PM
Hiller is confirmed to start game one as per my Score app 5 minutes ago.

flames112
04-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Hiller will be motivated to show the Ducks they made a mistake by letting him go

SilverRex
04-28-2015, 09:11 AM
I like this quote

Anaheim: YOU SCORE FIRST
Calgary: NO YOU

:nut:

petoria
04-28-2015, 12:18 PM
released schedule

flames play thurs and sun

if tampa advances, than our home games are tues and fri

if detroit advances, than our home games are wed and fri

perfect schedule as we won't have to miss the fight this weekend!

:goflames:

BandW
04-28-2015, 09:24 PM
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=816892

I get it, the Flames have shitty possession statistics.

In any event, it's still funny that "which team has a better chance of making a comeback" had the Flames ranked 28th.

Hakkola
04-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
I'll remind everyone. Flames in 2004 had to play Detroit. President Trophy winners that year. Then onto San Jose who were a very strong team as well.

Sometimes it is about the matchup. I'm 90% sure that Calgary won the season series against Detroit that year, might have even swept them. I wasn't surprised Flames won that round.

We didn't play that well against Anaheim this year, and if we can't win an away game there we're screwed.

rage2
04-28-2015, 10:12 PM
We played pretty decent against the Ducks this year. I watched them all the last few days.

Game 1 was decent, but man did we look different. We were skating around all over the place, got some lucky bounces and somehow found a way to come back and win in SO. Hiller played excellent.

Game 2 we played well. Hiller did alright, some unfortunate bounces and bad rebound control. We were still a little all over the map, but you can see us improving in positioning. Lost this one.

Game 3 we started Ortio and he played like shit. Let in 4 goals before getting pulled. Hiller played solid after that, and we outscored them 3-1. Pulled the goalie and Ducks added another.

Game 4 was hilarious to watch. We were up 2-1 going into the 3rd. Then crazy shit went down. Duck shot hits back boards, bounces back onto Hiller's back and goes in. Hiller somehow missed covering the puck and they slip it in. Anaheim beats us by scores 4 crazy goals in the 3rd. We lose this one.

Game 5 we played Ramo. He was rusty or something, but played like crap at the start, giving Ducks a 2-0 lead. As he settled down, we bury our chances and take the game 6-3.

Watching the games, a pattern emerged. Hiller played really well against them (for some reason I thought he played shitty), and most of the Anaheim goals are from dumping in rebounds close up. They're able to out muscle us for position to grab the rebounds, especially in the earlier games. We seem to have figured that out by Game 3 and really limited their chances. If we played Hiller through the regular season series, I have no doubt that we would've won the series.

403ep3
04-29-2015, 06:12 AM
Found this in fb

https://www.facebook.com/sharon.blackwood.18/videos/10205466714301217/

SilverRex
04-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by rage2
We played pretty decent against the Ducks this year. I watched them all the last few days.

Game 1 was decent, but man did we look different. We were skating around all over the place, got some lucky bounces and somehow found a way to come back and win in SO. Hiller played excellent.

Game 2 we played well. Hiller did alright, some unfortunate bounces and bad rebound control. We were still a little all over the map, but you can see us improving in positioning. Lost this one.

Game 3 we started Ortio and he played like shit. Let in 4 goals before getting pulled. Hiller played solid after that, and we outscored them 3-1. Pulled the goalie and Ducks added another.

Game 4 was hilarious to watch. We were up 2-1 going into the 3rd. Then crazy shit went down. Duck shot hits back boards, bounces back onto Hiller's back and goes in. Hiller somehow missed covering the puck and they slip it in. Anaheim beats us by scores 4 crazy goals in the 3rd. We lose this one.

Game 5 we played Ramo. He was rusty or something, but played like crap at the start, giving Ducks a 2-0 lead. As he settled down, we bury our chances and take the game 6-3.

Watching the games, a pattern emerged. Hiller played really well against them (for some reason I thought he played shitty), and most of the Anaheim goals are from dumping in rebounds close up. They're able to out muscle us for position to grab the rebounds, especially in the earlier games. We seem to have figured that out by Game 3 and really limited their chances. If we played Hiller through the regular season series, I have no doubt that we would've won the series.

I guess that is why Hiller is starting in net

these days I have been told there isnt really a top seed vs bottom seed matches in the post season. Any team could win, while I tend to believe the team that is expected to win has more pressure and teams with nothing to lose enjoys the challenge.

If Flames could somehow pull of a win in the first game then we will have them on their heels for the rest of the series imo.

Hakkola
04-30-2015, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by rage2
We played pretty decent against the Ducks this year. I watched them all the last few days..

I have a little more faith now.

Quizzes
04-30-2015, 12:33 AM
Ducks are a heavy team and trump the Flames in practically every position. Hopefully they can tire them out with speed and forecheck and pray for Hiller to have extra motivation in beating his old club. Hartley is a great coach and knows how to work his lineup. It won't be as easy for the Ducks this time around.

SilverRex
04-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Quizzes
Ducks are a heavy team and trump the Flames in practically every position. Hopefully they can tire them out with speed and forecheck and pray for Hiller to have extra motivation in beating his old club. Hartley is a great coach and knows how to work his lineup. It won't be as easy for the Ducks this time around.

I think the real advantage the flames have all season long is their conditioning and how much more energy they can bring to the game during period 3 and on.

imo the key factor is to be able to contain the ducks and keep the game close for the 1st or 2nd period. As long as the Flames can hold the fort well enough to the 3rd period, they get the best chances at winning

Mibz
04-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex
I think the real advantage the flames have all season long is their conditioning and how much more energy they can bring to the game during period 3 and on.

imo the key factor is to be able to contain the ducks and keep the game close for the 1st or 2nd period. As long as the Flames can hold the fort well enough to the 3rd period, they get the best chances at winning Except the Ducks are known for the exact same thing. It's not an advantage for us anymore.

SilverRex
04-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Except the Ducks are known for the exact same thing. It's not an advantage for us anymore.

on paper yes, but i tend to believe the youth of the Flames would mean something. after all, arnt the Flames the youngest group in the NHL?

spikerS
04-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Flames are not being physical enough this game at all.

We will lose if they don't step that up.

95EG6P
04-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Geez not good

D'z Nutz
04-30-2015, 08:42 PM
This is gonna be a short series haha

95EG6P
04-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Flames playing like shit

ICEBERG
04-30-2015, 08:50 PM
not worried..seen this movie before.

D'z Nutz
04-30-2015, 08:54 PM
All part of the plan. We can't have a come back by being up ahead :rofl:

adam c
04-30-2015, 09:16 PM
another sweep coming?

BensonTT
04-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by adam c
another sweep coming?

Yes!

95EG6P
04-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Fucking gong show now

sputnik
04-30-2015, 09:32 PM
The Flames are making the Jets look like a pretty stellar team right now.

adam c
04-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
The Flames are making the Jets look like a pretty stellar team right now.

Was just thinking this

rage2
04-30-2015, 09:42 PM
4-0? Got em right where we want em. :rofl:

xnvy
04-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Well I expected to lose but not like this. Still, you have to win 4 games to win a series and anything can happen. Tonight's not that great but it doesn't matter too much though. We'll be better next game and more importantly next year AND we eliminated Vancouver in epic fashion. I'm looking forward to their decline. :goflames:

ICEBERG
04-30-2015, 09:47 PM
Hudler and Ferland both out? Goodnight... :zzz:

95EG6P
04-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Call up mcgrattin

403ep3
04-30-2015, 09:54 PM
Tough game to watch

NoPulp
04-30-2015, 09:58 PM
Just tuned in... Yikes

relyt92
04-30-2015, 10:08 PM
5-0. Yikes.

xnvy
04-30-2015, 10:09 PM
Flames score 6! Show your dicks!

D'z Nutz
04-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Ouch. 0-6

jampack
04-30-2015, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Hudler and Ferland both out? Goodnight... :zzz:

Sorry, I'm not watching right now actually. What happened? Injury? Hope not :(

rage2
04-30-2015, 10:14 PM
6-0? Got em right where we want em. :rofl:

Canucks3322
04-30-2015, 10:15 PM
Fuck still almost a whole period left..... Can't even fight without Ferland.

xnvy
04-30-2015, 10:19 PM
I want someone to two hand Thompson in the face. That's still a victory.

D'z Nutz
04-30-2015, 10:25 PM
AND HEEEEERE WE GO! :rofl:

01RedDX
04-30-2015, 10:25 PM

NoPulp
04-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Annnnnd the TV turns off after watching like 5 min of third.

xnvy
04-30-2015, 11:18 PM
We scored a goal though. Woo BENNETT

adam c
05-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Ferland suspected concussion
Hudler day to day
Bennet may be taken out due to contract
Only really utilizing 2 defensive lines
Flames are the smallest team in the playoffs

I don't see this going well at all

D'z Nutz
05-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Why would Bennett be taken out? It's already been discussed that Treliving said if Hartley says Bennett is good enough to be on the team they don't care about his ELC.

Second round in the second year of a rebuild? I see this going great.

adam c
05-01-2015, 07:59 AM
They were talking about it on 960 this morning that's all

SilverRex
05-01-2015, 08:20 AM
well I dont mind losing game 1 after all this is the ducks who finished 2nd overall during the regular season. But losing in this fashion is concerning on many levels. It gives Anaheim alot of confidence and it becomes a hill to climb from here on out.

I really hope Ferland is ok because the things he do can change a series. The game last night is a mix of poor coverage but also some bad luck. We couldnt capitalize on our great chances but somehow the exact same shot from them they score.

88CRX
05-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Everybody off the wagon :rofl:

Its not going to be easy but jeeze guys, it was 1 game.

D'z Nutz
05-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Everybody off the wagon :rofl:

Its not going to be easy but jeeze guys, it was 1 game.

No kidding. You guys don't think Hartley's going to adjust? Everything's so doom and gloom with you guys.

max_boost
05-01-2015, 09:33 AM
St. Louis also thumped minny 5 or 6-1 and then lost the next two and out of the playoffs lol just saying

Quizzes
05-01-2015, 09:50 AM
I think Hartley will have some things figured out by next game, but the loss of Hudler and Ferland - probably their two best players last round - will make it way too tough to bounce back from. Being in the second round is just icing on the cake anyways.

austic
05-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Everyone counted them out all year, they just need to play like they have nothing to lose and see what happens. Its not over yet.

adamc
05-01-2015, 09:56 AM
It's over.

88CRX
05-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by adamc
It's over.

This is not the Canucks thread, you must be confused. The Canucks season is over.

The flames are in round 2 and down 1-0 in a best of 7 series.

ICEBERG
05-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by adamc
It's over.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/icegberg70/fortune_zpseroavlvl.jpeg

beyond_ban
05-01-2015, 10:43 AM
http://click.beamly.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/04/43627472.jpg

sputnik
05-01-2015, 10:56 AM
The fact of the matter is the Flames are at a severe disadvantage in this series.

Sure miracles on ice do happen, but it probably won't in this series.

The Flames do not have big enough players to deal out the hits needed to hold the Ducks in their own end.

They are lacking leadership on the D without Giordano and really lack in skill defensively overall. One small mistake from your D-men and the Ducks WILL capitalize. Just look over the goals from last night. It is quite obvious. Last night it was defensemen watching pucks instead of covering their man. If you watch a number of the Ducks goals against the Jets you will see Byfuglien 3-4 ft from his man almost every time.

The way it looks. This series is going to be painful for the Flames fans to watch and just shows that the rebuild is far from over.

I have a feeling that if the Flames were in the Central division they would have been 10-12 points out of the playoff race.

ICEBERG
05-01-2015, 10:56 AM
This series could be 3-0 Ducks and flames will still come back and take it 4-3.. Nothing surprises me anymore with this group.. People seem to forget it is called best of 7.. Didn't know it was over after 1 game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sputnik
05-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
http://click.beamly.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/04/43627472.jpg

Not all fans wear rose colored glasses.

The Flames got worked over last night and it is going to take more than a "Go Flames Go" chant to win the series.

I watched the Flames/Canucks series jealously wishing the the Jets could play either team instead of the Ducks. Hell I would have rather seen the Jets against the Blues or the Hawks instead of the Ducks.

Just because you are in round two doesn't make you a better team.

My prediction after watching last night. Ducks in 4 and all games will have a 2 goals or greater differential.

sputnik
05-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
This series could be 3-0 Ducks and flames will still come back and take it 4-3.. Nothing surprises me anymore with this group.. People seem to forget it is called best of 7.. Didn't know it was over after 1 game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I guess Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Beauchemin and Silfverberg could all be injured at the morning skate tomorrow.

roopi
05-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Touch to watch but far from over. Flames beat them twice this year so far from over. :goflames:

Quizzes
05-01-2015, 11:05 AM
The fact of the matter is the Flames are at a severe disadvantage in this series.

Sure miracles on ice do happen, but it probably won't in this series.

The Flames do not have big enough players to deal out the hits needed to hold the Ducks in their own end.

They are lacking leadership on the D without Giordano and really lack in skill defensively overall. One small mistake from your D-men and the Ducks WILL capitalize. Just look over the goals from last night. It is quite obvious. Last night it was defensemen watching pucks instead of covering their man. If you watch a number of the Ducks goals against the Jets you will see Byfuglien 3-4 ft from his man almost every time.

The way it looks. This series is going to be painful for the Flames fans to watch and just shows that the rebuild is far from over.

I have a feeling that if the Flames were in the Central division they would have been 10-12 points out of the playoff race.

Is this your way of indirectly comparing the Jets to the Flames and saying Jets are better? The two teams are built very differently and play a different style. I think the Flames are way ahead in their rebuild.

beyond_ban
05-01-2015, 11:12 AM
When you are a fan of a team you stick by their side, even when everyone else is writing them off after one game. Sure we took a shellacking at the hands of the ducks, but since when have the Flames folded their tents at the first sign of adversary? That just isn't in this teams DNA. That being said, i know that the Flames have a monumental task ahead of them. If i were to predict the winner of this series from a completely non biased point of view, i would choose the ducks. That isn't to take anything away from the Flames though. We are playing with multiple injuries (including our best player who was the leading Norris candidate when he went down) and have multiple AHL players in the lineup.

Even if we got swept in this series, this season in general has been HUGE for the Flames considering they were supposed to be in the McDavid sweepstakes. Playoff experience is so so so important in the long run for these young players. The best attribute this team has going forward is their will to win - the exact asset that our neighbors up north lack although they have a more "talented" team.

Not all fans wear rose colored glasses.

The Flames got worked over last night and it is going to take more than a "Go Flames Go" chant to win the series.

I watched the Flames/Canucks series jealously wishing the the Jets could play either team instead of the Ducks. Hell I would have rather seen the Jets against the Blues or the Hawks instead of the Ducks.

Just because you are in round two doesn't make you a better team.

My prediction after watching last night. Ducks in 4 and all games will have a 2 goals or greater differential.

adamc
05-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

This is not the Canucks thread, you must be confused. The Canucks season is over.

The flames are in round 2 and down 1-0 in a best of 7 series.

I'm a Canucks fan, don't you think I know when the team I'm watching is fucked? :p

88CRX
05-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Quizzes

Is this your way of indirectly comparing the Jets to the Flames and saying Jets are better? The two teams are built very differently and play a different style. I think the Flames are way ahead in their rebuild.

No kidding.... so the Canucks fans AND the Jets fans are counting us out :rofl:

Ok.

max_boost
05-01-2015, 01:20 PM

I guess Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Beauchemin and Silfverberg could all be injured at the morning skate tomorrow.

Of course. The Flames couldn't beat the Jets who got swept by the Ducks so god forbid the Flames even have a chance. :rofl:

max_boost
05-01-2015, 01:21 PM
We beat them 6-2 at home? We can do it again. :goflames:

Moonracer
05-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Ya it's but one game guys if the flames end up down 3-0 in the series then maybe they're done. I'm still saying the flames in 7 :goflames:

max_boost
05-01-2015, 01:56 PM
^^^

Who ya gonna cheer for professor when it's Hawks & Flames in the Conference finals haha

austic
05-01-2015, 02:06 PM
All the butt hurt Jets and Canucks fans are loving this but the flames are still playing and their teams are Golfing...

:dunno:

Neil4Speed
05-01-2015, 03:37 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but could someone break down for me how the wheels fell off? I didn't expect 6-1...

beyond_ban
05-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but could someone break down for me how the wheels fell off? I didn't expect 6-1...

To put it simply, we got beat in every facet of the game. Had a few bad bounces as well, but we just did not look even the slightest bit prepared while the Ducks did whatever they wanted.

mr2mike
05-01-2015, 03:45 PM
how the wheels fell off? I didn't expect 6-1...

I would say the lug nuts weren't even tightened down.
All around sloppy and no desire or drive.

88CRX
05-01-2015, 04:02 PM
With that said the Ducks scored some weird goals. Our goaltenders didnt help our case and we didn't get nearly enough shots on net.

roopi
05-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Ramo confirmed as starter for game 2:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12801822/calgary-flames-start-karri-ramo-goal-game-2-vs-anaheim-ducks

Neil4Speed
05-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys

Originally posted by roopi
Ramo confirmed as starter for game 2:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12801822/calgary-flames-start-karri-ramo-goal-game-2-vs-anaheim-ducks

Why do teams disclose their starting goalies and prep their opponents?

Moonracer
05-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

Who ya gonna cheer for professor when it's Hawks & Flames in the Conference finals haha

It would be a tough series for me for sure but I'd go for the flames cause it's the home team and they haven't won since 89'. Either way I win though lol

Mibz
05-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Why do teams disclose their starting goalies and prep their opponents? Either you're overestimating how much a strategy changes based on goalie or I'm underestimating it.

AFAIK they just say "If you have a choice of shot, here are his one or two weak points, statistically" or "Rustle his jimmies cause he's a sensitive bitch". Not like they'd take an hour out of practice dedicated to exploiting one goalie's style.

SilverRex
05-03-2015, 01:28 PM
anyone know at least if Hudler and Ferland is truly day to day and not anything serious?

nvm just found out it's been confirmed Hudler will play in game 2

Quizzes
05-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Ramo gonna steal this one for them.

adam c
05-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Can steal a game all you want but if your forecheck can't score it doesn't mean anything...

Being a flames fan is hard in this series, ducks are just better in every department

Maxx Mazda
05-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Shitty feeling like we're "on eggshells" the whole damn time... Feels like the roof can cave in on us at any minute. Aneheim is just on us like white on rice...

95EG6P
05-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Ramo is just beast be nice if the fowards can help out in the scoring

mr2mike
05-03-2015, 08:58 PM
I say roll lines 3 and 4 for a bit. Get some hitting going. Saw a few shifts like this.
Or put bollig or wolf with the top lines.

ICEBERG
05-03-2015, 09:03 PM
We know Flames are sucking right now BUT....What the f---- is with the sh!tty commentary...And these guy's are Canadian broadcasters? This panel are a bunch of pricks..

Good.... got that out of the way...:D

Now :goflames:

JEFFRIX
05-03-2015, 09:05 PM
i have the flames winning this game 4-2 (w/empty-netter)

adam c
05-03-2015, 09:12 PM
And Hudler back to the dressing room

mr2mike
05-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Watching nbc feed. Better commentary.
Saw Monahan with wolf. Good to see changes happening.

ExtraSlow
05-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Go old school and just listen to the AM960 commentary. I remember going the the games as a kid, sitting waaaaay up top in the nosebleed section, and listening to the commentary on the walkman, because I couldn't really tell what was going on otherwise.

95EG6P
05-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Good on backland on the hack

D'z Nutz
05-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Haha yeah I had a laugh at that

Maxx Mazda
05-03-2015, 10:42 PM
The curse continues...

2Legit2Quit
05-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Fuuuuuuuuu

D'z Nutz
05-03-2015, 10:51 PM
It was a much closer game at least.

Maxx Mazda
05-03-2015, 10:53 PM
And why the hell do they show that stupid leprechaun guy after every Ducks goal?? :dunno:

btimbit
05-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Flames take both at home

Wakalimasu
05-04-2015, 05:32 AM
#neverquit!

rage2
05-04-2015, 07:44 AM
TIL Ferland's nickname is Chief. Hartley called him that in the post game. Wonder if the sensitive vaginas are gonna complain about that one.