Quantcast
Enrichii Ban Discussions - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Enrichii Ban Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by EnRichii View Post
    "It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to the latest estimates from the US Census Bureau.
    And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008"

Pretty crazy statistics eh? 13% of the population commits OVER 52% of the crime... Pretty shitty eh?!? go fact check that if you want. am I being racists now btw? or you mad that I'm telling you the truth, and it hurts. Go cry that racist shit somewhere else, mmm kkk?

Now... let me go on. by saying this is a cultural thing... These statistics have NOTHING to do with race! This has EVERYTHING to do with black culture. Let me explain.
    - Black kids arn't graduating from high school anymore.
    - Black kids are shooting each other at a SIGNIFICANTLY higher rate then whites are shooting each other.
    - Single black motherhood rate SKYROCKETED from 20% to OVER 70% in recent years
    - 40% of the jail population in the US is black. And most are in there for serious fucking shit...

I can go on, but I'm just wasting my time with you guys.

Anyways... I do love Trump btw. Does that make me a racist too?
    Ben Shapiro is that you? C'mon EnRich, please don't pass on these stats on like their yours. Cite your sources, you just stole his statement word for word.

Starts at 1:10

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Was this the same Enrich as the guy with the X5M?

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this the same Enrich as the guy with the X5M?
    Yes.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Yes.
    Eh, for what its worth, in person he was a stellar dude.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    Eh, for what its worth, in person he was a stellar dude.
    I would say we all have a topic that once broached we turn into oompa loompas about.

I doubt he is actually a bad person, but some of his views are definitely out of left field.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

A lot of people are seemingly good, until they get on the internet.

How many people are black in this thread, just curious? The amount of time spent talking about black people and their culture and problems, by non blacks, is comical to me (not just on this forum, everywhere).

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    How many people are black in this thread, just curious? The amount of time spent talking about black people and their culture and problems, by none blacks, is comical to me (not just on this forum, everywhere).
    Why? Do you feel the topic is being appropriated?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Curious as to who has first hand experience as an African-American/Canadian minority. I've dealt with hardship firsthand and handled it appropriately (no helping hand from anyone), so seeing you guys throw statistics around and making assumptions as to why "we" are the way we are, is funny.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well I haven’t said a thing on the topic, thanks for lumping me in with everyone else though. I am far more interested in why you think the topic is off limits to people of a certain skin color.

Personal experience is a notoriously poor basis for an objective argument. Among the weakest there are.

Statistics and scientific assumptions and discussion with less directly biased individuals is a far better platform to determine the root cause of an issue.

I think your mindset is a huge part of the problem with why topics such as this one never get resolved. Your gut response is a hand grenade in what has been a pretty reasonable discussion that people have been having that makes everyone want to move on or risk being labelled racists.

Try not to take the discussion so personally.

fact.

Well I haven’t said a thing on the topic, thanks for lumping me in with everyone else though. I am far more interested in why you think the topic is off limits to people of a certain skin color.

Personal experience is a notoriously poor basis for an objective argument. Among the weakest there are.

Statistics and scientific assumptions and discussion with less directly biased individuals is a far better platform to determine the root cause of an issue.

I think your mindset is a huge part of the problem with why topics such as this one never get resolved. Your gut response is a hand grenade in what has been a pretty reasonable discussion that people have been having that makes everyone want to move on or risk being labelled racists.

I'm not lumping you in with anything. My post was aimed at the thread in general. I don't spend hours of my day discussing other minorities problems (IE: indigenous people) because I don't know shit about their first hand experiences.

Yup, that's my gut response, to hand grenade any discussion about my cultures shortcomings; you know me lol.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Kanye says that 400 years of slavery was a choice for black people... Everything in this thread is a myth, if you believe a staunch trump supporter.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Chester did literally none of the things you describe in this post.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Chester did literally none of the things you describe in this post.
    Not sure how you come to that conclusion, I was pretty specific to things he said, but ok? Literally nothing, completely out of thin air.

I don’t really care at all, just always interested to hear why people can’t discuss a topic because of who they are.

fact.

My Ride

Not sure how you come to that conclusion, I was pretty specific to things he said, but ok? Literally nothing, completely out of thin air.

I don’t really care at all, just always interested to hear why people can’t discuss a topic because of who they are.
    I came to that conclusion because you accused him of tossing a hand grenade on the conversation, which is not at all what he did.

Then you accuse him of shutting down the conversation which, again, is not what he did.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    I came to that conclusion because you accused him of tossing a hand grenade on the conversation, which is not at all what he did.

Then you accuse him of shutting down the conversation which, again, is not what he did.
    Ok so by “literally none” you mean a couple things specifically, which I do not agree with you on at all especially in the very black and white way you accused me. Because he very clearly tried to advocate that his personal experience in the matter was more valuable than other forms of evidence that was presented, he also did say that I was throwing statistics and assumptions around in his direct response to me.

Discrediting viewpoints and statistical evidence because the people presenting don’t have a certain skin color is a a hand grenade in the discussion. One that has no valid response and can lead to nothing constructive, and clearly had the intention of stopping people from discussing whether it stopped the discussion or not. He also continued to insinuate this when he said he had no business discussion aboriginal issues, as a continuation of him implying that unless you have personal experience you can’t discuss something. Which is patently untrue.

Hyperbole much? You can disagree with me all you want, because I sure don’t agree with you, but if you want to put words in my mouth at least put more effort into it instead of making broad generalized statements if that is what you are going to do.
    Last edited by killramos; 05-02-2018 at 12:45 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    ute

If white people can't understand what it is like to be a black person....

...Then how can a black person understand what its like to be a white person contemplating black people.

It's an illogical and inconsistent attempt at reasoning.

If you think skin color matters when it comes to observation and assessment then you are already looking at the wrong data. A good argument should require no author whatsoever, and could (should?) be submitted anonymously. The counter to that argument should likewise stand on its own, anonymously.

My Ride

Hyperbole much? You can disagree with me all you want, because I sure don’t agree with you, but if you want to put words in my mouth at least put more effort into it instead of making broad generalized statements if that is what you are going to do.
    lol I quite actually just quoted what you said and said it back to you.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    I'm not a big fan of rap music as I think it does have some effect of glamourizing an existing problem, but calling them leaders is a stretch. If someone that came from a stable home with lots of economic opportunities turned to a life of crime just because Lil FUcknut told them too, that person wouldn't amount to much anyways because he's obviously a retard. Artists are symptoms of their surroundings, not creators of it. Who is going to hold Nickelback responsible for the rash of bar fights they caused in the early 2000's? Won't someone please think of the children?
    Why is it a stretch? They speak specifically to the demographic in question, and are followed and looked up to by millions. Also, my point was that they are indeed people in the black community that are glorifying these things. Your response didn't address that, other than to say that they weren't leaders, which I obviously think they are. As for nickleback, do they glorify and condone fighting? If they don't, than I don't think its an accurate comparison, nor do I think they would be responsible for it. Furthermore, I'm not saying that these gangsta rap artists are the sole contributor to these problems, just that they have some effect because people are influenced by culture. The problem of fatherlessness and living a life of crime arose before these rapper's were even on the scene, so I would agree that they are more of a symptom, than they are a cause. I would also conclude by saying that Dr. Sowell's message does alot more to help young males overcome their negative circumstances than someone like Snoop Dogg does.

What in the absolute fuck are you talking about? Are you insane? There are so many examples, but for the sake of taking away the possible excuse of "cultural differences", lets take Russia, a country of oppressed and poor white people. Communism oppressed the shit out of the Russians, and the minute it left, the mob basically took over. Even today with a brutally strong leader there is still quite a lot of poverty, crime and family abandonment.
    How is it fair to compare another country without the rule of law that we have here in Canada? I could just as easily show unrelated countries that did well after communism or oppression, but even that is besides the point that I made, which you didn't address. Nor does your Russia example show that because people have been oppressed, they are destined to a life of crime, or abandoning their roles as fathers. There have been people that have come/raised in the Canada/US who have been incredibly poor, and/or oppressed who've done very well socially and economically. Jewish people and the Japanese are both good examples of this.

Yes truly a shocking idea that people who would be beaten to death if they didn't work or tried to leave continued to stick around and work. I'm not even sure what point you were trying to make with this
    I'm not surprised you didn't understand my point, because you've ignored it throughout most of your post. Which is that the people who were oppressed, weren't abandoning their responsibilities as fathers, it came far later by future generations who weren't oppressed. If it is oppression that caused this, then why was it that those who were most oppressed, didn't do this? Why don't we see this with other groups of people who were oppressed? And as a side note, most black people weren't forced to work (or be beaten) in the 1940's, slavery ended almost 80 years prior (which you appeared to be referring to). And in the 1940's most african american's weren't forced into being fathers by anyone.
    First, lets look at the dates that he's giving:

End of slavery up until 1940: seems like poverty was terrible for black people at this time. Why doesn't he talk about this? There were hardly any social programs during this time, shouldn't they have been very successful?
    Because that's irrelevant to the point. Why wouldn't you expect him to talk about it? His point was that these social problems didn't exist when black people were still being oppressed, but now they are. You have continued to avoid his whole point. Futhemore, noone is making the argument that no social programs = success. IF you were familiar with what Dr. Sowell has written on this you wouldn't need to misrepresent his point.
    1940s-1960s: In one of the biggest booms of human prosperity in history where America was basically the only country capable of supplying the world after WW2 blew up every other countries manufacturing capabilities and virtually every group in America became better off, black people did well. A shocking concept
    Well it is a shocking concept, if one takes the view that because someone has been oppressed, that they can't do well. That's more in line with your position, not mine, so the only one who should be surprised at that is you.

1970s onward: America began losing manufacturing jobs to globalization, those at the bottom of the economy (including black people who had just been allowed to participate in the economy in any meaningful way) were hit first and hardest. This wasn't considered a problem as long as it was just minorities and "hillbillies" that everyone could dismiss as welfare queens, but now it's gotten to the point that Trump was able to get into office because of economic anxiety in mainstream America. Are we willing to admit that maybe there's an issue? If the two options were democrats and a republican that promised to bring back good jobs, how can it be denied that there seems to be an issue of people needing more or better jobs
    That was a huge simplification and rather irrelevant to the point's I've made, it's interested to note that your pointing to other economic factors as factors which have negative influences that aren't related to slavery or oppression. Moreover, I think you're correct to point out the 1960's were a critical time that lead to many of these social problems. And Dr. Sowell would argue that it was the war on poverty, and the creation of the welfare state that has caused many of these problems, not oppression or slavery. He would also argue that it has nothing to do with being black, as we've seen similar results with similar programs in white British people.

As for the broken homes, I've already ranted about that, so I'll just ask again, what should the solution be? Take away public assistance and leave women to choose between abusive relationships or crushing poverty the way it was before? As bad as the current situation is, I'd say that would be worse.
    So would I, which is exactly why noone is making the argument that a woman in an abusive relationship, should be forced to stay in one. What we shouldn't do is reward counterproductive lifestyles, and treat them as if they are equally productive to other ones, when they are factually not.

I think one thing that is forgotten is that in the 20s, things were fucking terrible for black people. There was already lots of poverty, crime and abuse, I would say at least equal to or much worse than today. The difference was that it was contained in black areas by threat of straight up murder. Black people knew that fucking with white people would get them lynched. So out of sight, out of mind. If you take away the economic prosperity that basically all of America benefitted from for a few decades and just look at black people now compared to black people in the 20s, I'd say as terrible as things are, they're better off now. At least people that want to drag themselves out of the ghetto have the chance to
    As would I, and I think we can all agree that its better to see a huge welfare state with blacks being afforded the same rights as everyone else, than to have no welfare state and go back to the discriminatory policies of the 20's. The difference is, I don't see it as an either or. I think we can all share equal rights under the law, and not enact many of the socially liberal economic and social policies that have negatively contributed to society.
    Last edited by HuMz; 05-02-2018 at 02:40 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So your response is the equivalent of saying “nuh uh”. That’s about what I thought

Context, who needs it.

fact.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast